The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Swinley Chase 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Swinley Chase 2021

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16447

Should be decent race this….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2021-02-20/776622

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/swinley-chase/winner

Only one horse on my mind right now, and that’s Regal Encore. He’s absolutely superb round here, and despite his advancing years, give him every chance.

I’m hoping Jerrysback swerves this for Kempton, and hoping Cloudy Glen is Haydock bound, but they look huge dangers, while Sub Lieutenant could surprise.

Regal Encore 10’s

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16447

Worst case scenario for me, with not only Jerrysback declared, but Cloudy Glen too.

I’ll reluctantly leave Jerrysback alone at the head of the market, while I’m hoping Cloudy Glen could be another for The Ultima, and that this won’t be his day.

I’ll cover Sub Lieutenant EW if he stays around 33’s, 40’s, but I’ll wait and see where Notachance goes, as if he’s a non runner here, prices will obviously be affected.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 126

I feel dirty for not backing Regal Encore at his favourite track. He’s bound to run his race, and probably place, but the one i like is Newtide. Kim Bailey and David Bass could hardly be in better form and he’s well handicapped if the wind surgery has helped him. Managed to get 10/1 before the money came for him. 8s now.

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1318

Plenty of old favourites here. This looks more realistic for Captain Chaos now he’s dropping down the weights once more. He and Yalltari would be my two.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Jerrysback really caught the eye last time , I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t go close today

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

Sub Lieutenant at 33/1 EW for me. I think he ran a very decent race last time over course and distance. That was after a long break, hopefully he will be a bit better now. At least the ground is a bit better today, that might help as well.

Sub Lieutenant 33/1 EW

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16447

Hard not to add Jerrysback or Cloudy Glen here, but I’ll stick with the original pair.

Regal Encore 12’s
    Sub Lieutenant 28’s

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 297

I think that this will be another big day for Bailey and Bass. I missed the big prices, but a winner is a winner, and if he gets his head in front I won’t complain with 9-2.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2699

It is oft repeated but both
    Sub lieutenant and Regal Encore should go well here. Each way .
    Conditions to suit.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Cracker of a race , chaos did deserve 1 of these

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16447

Well played Peter

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

Well done Peter!

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1318

Thanks a lot. I was cursing Regal Encore jumping the last. I just knew he would keep going! Two top horses fighting out a finish, can’t beat it. I’ve been following the winner since he was a novice and has done me a few favours over the years, so this was really special.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.