Supreme Novices Hurdle 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2019 Supreme Novices Hurdle 2019

This topic contains 225 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by befair befair 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 907

Isn’t that a massive contradiction to what you’ve said above?

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2592

He’s not chasing yet, is he ? In time he should stay further but it’s possible he has the speed for 2 miles at this stage. My main point about Angels Breath was that I think he’s more of a 2 1/2 miler NOW, a Ballymore horse, but had suitable conditions to win at 2 first time out.

CP is by Stowaway out of a Roselier mare , same as Champagne Fever.

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 207

Felix Desijy impressive today in a race won in the past by Vautour, Douvan and Kicking King. Will be the Gigginstown No. 1 horse in the Supreme, and now that they’ve finally twigged that the horse has to be allowed to bowl along in front over the minimum distance, he could go from strength to strength. Will be much shorter than 20-1 on the day.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2351

I backed him and Annamix at the start of November.

Cashed out Felix Desjy for a loss the other week though. He won’t win. But it’s annoying i cashed out the bet nonetheless at a loss when he’s back to the same price.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1076

That was one of the worst Moscow flyers ever run. Salsaretta comfortably beat FD last time and that’s not good enough to be in the shake up for a supreme

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2592

Yeah, it looked mediocre. Mullins fav ran a bit flat but even that’s not a decent horse.

Strange renewal again

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 207

He doesn’t get home over 2 and a half miles, so excuses for previous defeats. Let’s see how he does at Leopardstown before writing him off for the Supreme.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

Felix Desijy impressive today in a race won in the past by Vautour, Douvan and Kicking King. Will be the Gigginstown No. 1 horse in the Supreme, and now that they’ve finally twigged that the horse has to be allowed to bowl along in front over the minimum distance, he could go from strength to strength. Will be much shorter than 20-1 on the day.

I actually don’t think he will be their number 1- ok he has the G2 win to his name, but it was an awful awful renewal + the Mullin’s two blew out again- clearly not 100% at Closutton atm!

I think Vision D’Honneur will be the no.1 hope + Elliot even said after he’s probably long term the better horse. He fairly took off after the last.

Pays a nice compliment to Klassical Dream- i’ve taken a small bit of 25s. Whilst he has more experience on debut than VDH, i thought he won nicely + probably didn’t win as well as he really could have.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2592

The VDH time was poor.

Its possibly even more open than last year’s renewal

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

The VDH time was poor.

Slow 26.7 secs compared to the Moscow Flyer slow 8.10 secs…..carrying 8pound more than Felix + it was a maiden compared to a G2- not all that bad??

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2169

Sorry charlie

Quick grabim out of the supreme, stress fracture

Glad i held back last week!

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2592

Even taking into account the weight differential, I thought it was a poor race.

He’s won a January maiden and now near the head of the market…I think some are just searching for the next Vautour and Douvan and anything like that from Mullins or Elliott just gets spanked in the betting.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

Not disputing the prices- Klassical Dream should be ahead of him in the market.

But if you use the times, it doesn’t work out as bad as you say + considering Ruby said theirs was as good as anything they’ve sent out yet, i wouldn’t say its an awful race.

Of course, we will find out much more up in class…

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 594

Hopefully The DRF can shine a bit of light on it all.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

Hopefully The DRF can shine a bit of light on it all.

I was going to put a thread up for the Chanelle Pharma actually but i haven’t yet.

Very interesting market IMO. Aramon, a possible runner is 9/4, but not a certain runner.

Then there’s Klassical Dream who has been supported into 6s. I would suggest he’s a great price at that. Possible Aramon, doesn’t go, also possible, he does, but considering the fact he’s always been highlighted as a “surprise” by connections i’d suggest he’s worth taking on.

Sancta Simona sits at pretty much the same price, surely she doesnt go.

Vision D’Honneur same price as Klassical dream, and was beaten by him. Now, VDH is more unexposed but KD didn’t have a perfect run of the race either.

Then there’s COF+ BOD who probably don’t run. Then it’s guesswork with the rest, but Tornado Flyer would need to bounce back, and others probably aren’t up to it.

I would say KD is worth a punt, i’ve taken 7s but even at 6s he’s still e/w and likely to go off shorter.

Elixir D’ainay if he was to run as well at 25s would be big, but probs goes for an easier race.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.