The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RTV subscription

Home Forums Horse Racing RTV subscription

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Anyone watching the borefest with Angus McNae and his IQ Data. Apparently Embassy Gardens lost 6 mph when he made a mistake at the second last but Corbetts Cross gained 8 lengths by jumping well at the last 2.
    Any newcomers to the sport confronted by this rubbish are likely to be put off.

Cancello
    Participant
    • Total Posts 268

Slow and sleepey but much preferable to the irritable barrage on ITV, fronted by the worst TV racing frontman in the history of ITV/C4/BBC. A few months avoidance now and feel healthier for it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8928

At least McNae is not on in the afternoon. The coverage yesterday was quite good. Although I would have replaced Don McLean with Jane Mangan and asked Dave Nevison to stay at home.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

“Any newcomers to the sport confronted by this rubbish are likely to be put off.”

And yet Monday’s Road To Cheltenham had Page Fuller, one of the brains behind RaceiQ, saying that the stats would attract younger people to the sport.

The mind boggles.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

“A voluptuous leap at the last” from Malaita, apparently.

Tom Bull is certainly well named.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8928

Stanley and Dwyer in the studio, Bull at Cheltenham and Maclean at Clonmel. RTV has been spoiling us today.

All we need is Jess Stafford to be on duty at Chelmsford and we have got the full house.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

I don’t mind Tom Stanley. Seems to know his stuff and doesn’t come across as a know it all.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8928

Oh good, McNae is in the studio. An afternoon of Race IQ data awaits…

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

Jess Stafford has been appalling today, even by her standards. How do you get the pronunciation of Patanita and Herakles so badly wrong?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

Six afternoon meetings today, all on Racing TV. Should be fun.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

What’s happened to the Premier Racedays and no other meetings between 2 and 4? Typical of the way the sport is run.

Can’t forget when Racing UK went split screen with the climax of The Ebor and the start of a selling hurdle at Cartmel one year.

Racing TV managed to improve on that today by going the entire Ebor split screen with a micky mouse hurdle at Killarney.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

I see that Mark Johnson has developed a new irritating phrase to go with “They’re in the gate”. He now has a habit of saying that the early pacesetter has “won the break”.

What utter tosh.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3137

He was annoying with his shouty commentary before his stint in the US in which he then brought back with him the aforementioned “They’re in the gate” along with “Sitting chilly” and “Going gate to wire” and I may be wrong but he was probably also responsible for the “Putting the race to bed” comment as well.

Annoying AF and so glad he didn’t get the lead commentator role for ITV Racing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

Just received a questionnaire regarding RaceIQ stats.

I think I’ll give them both barrels.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8928

I received that as well. In the comments box I wrote something like “Can’t be bothered about it. Just show the racing” or words to that effect on each question.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

I added “please tell Mrs McNae to stop dressing her son”

Participant
    • Total Posts 4709

Did anybody else get the RTV Customer Satisfaction survey today?

I’ve just completed mine; I gave both Angus McNae and Jess Stafford 1/5, as 0 is not an option.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.