The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Red Onion and Goats Cheese

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Red Onion and Goats Cheese

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Cheltenham

1pt win

Hells Bay

16/1

Uttoxeter

1pt win

Fentara

15/2 SJ
    1pt win

Pret A Though

9/1 Coral

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Southwell 4.00

1pt win

Avonrose

10/1 bet365 (bog)

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Wolverhampton 3.50

1pt win

Thunderstruck

6/1 general

Not as bad a run as it looked lto, fair pace on and was always at the rough end of that. Won’t have a problem coming back in trip and may get his own way in front.

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Wolverhampton 3.15

Going to row in with

Sweet Secret

again, could find herself with a comfortable time out in front. Less excuses for her last run than her previous two where she had wide draws and had to work a lot harder to lead but worth one more chance.

1pt win

Sweet Secret

11/1 Boyelesports (best price and bog if you can get it)

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

A few runners I like the look of today at the prices include Cashelgar in the 3.35 at Lingfield, encouraging come back run last time out and this looks an easier task, has plenty of back class and looks the most likely winner of this event to me. Over at Wolves in the 2.40 I don’t think this is much of a race and one Hazard County really should be winning, Norville ranks as the danger but otherwise I can’t see much there to get concerned about, Piscean will break and pull hard wondering why they aren’t going a five furlong pace and his race will be finished after 2 furlongs. Mr Willis looks a fair chace outsider in the 3:00 at Lingfield where some of the market leaders look a little over estimated.

2pt win

Cashelgar

7/1 general
    2pt win

Hazzard County

6/1Victor Chandler, Stan James
    1pt win

Mr Willis

18/1 Victor Chandler, Stan James

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Hello anyone reading!

Long time no post but it wasn’t a case of abandonment I had some password problems but David decided I was tipping so bad he wouldn’t send me a new one three weeks :lol:

At this stage the thread is 20.5pts in profit and I shall persist so still active and looking forward to the flat season!

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Following the Midlands National at 3.55 is a nice little 3 mile handicap chase for novices and the lightly raced Robobar could prove the answer. A seven year old French import for Ian Williams he was making his UK debut last time out at Towcester having last run in December 2010 and he was running a decent race until unshipping his rider three from home when well in contention around third place and still travelling well despite showing a tendency to jump left handed. No doubt he’ll come a long on that run and stable have been operating well for a while now and he looks to have plenty of scope for improvement, he looks sure to get the step up in distance (brother to a three mile chase winner in France) and the left handed track should suit.

1pt win 11/1

Robobar

365 and Hills

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Good to see you back tb! I was beginning to think you were one of the many ‘bottlers’ who cant hack it! :lol:

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 376

Titchwood went in @ 20’s in a bumper for Hillary Parrot – looks like a nice horse :wink:

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Haha no bottling here Gordon, well done at Chelt my friend, was a good one, work starts for 2013 now :lol:

Beau Ranger does looks a nice type, family owned and trained I see so maybe they’ll hold onto it but wouldn’t be surprised if they got a good offer for him seeing as his dam was a half sister to to Blazing Bailey, good spot sir!

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

There is a cracking 7f handicap at Kempton today and the runner I thought represented a bit of value was

Hazzard County

. Last time out he was caught a bit flat footed when Chillii Green took a chunk out the field up front and was miles back 3 out and turning in he was in last place had no chance as they sprinted for home. He’s best running here at Kempton on this the most galloping of the pollytrack courses giving him time to wind up a run and three of his wins have come here. He ran a nice race previously behind Piscean at Wolverhampton when he travelled well in rear and though not as well the winner they had very different trips in the final two as Pisceans rider stayed farside to come through runners Hazzard County was brought a lot wider for his outside the field and kept on well but couldn’t close on Piscean well enough. He might have a tough task getting to Piscean on that evidence, both are well handicapped pollytrack runners to their best but 7f at Kempton will bring out the best in Hazard County and he has run well here already in recent times when a fast finisher chasing home The Rectifier and Clockmaker in a conditions event. All in, he has a lot going for him and he looks over priced today.

1pt win

Hazzard County

12/1 general

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Haydock 2.40

1pt win

Little Hercules

12/1 general

Been disappointing on his latest couple of starts but I think he still promises more to come, thought him a horse to follow when second here to Desert Cry in November and back to the track he reproduced his best effort hopefully will bring about a revival.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Thought you had disappeared as well tb, good to see Goats Cheese back, and best of luck with Hercules, and future selections, looks a decent price @ 12’s.

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Thank you for your kind comments VTC.

Unplaced but ran on well eventually when looking like going nowhere, suspect still needed it a little bit and as I thought was evident with him originally he probably wants soft ground to be seen at his best, his knees are practically at right angles!!!

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Wolverhampton 2.35

1pt win

Restless Bay

16/1 general

Squeeky bum ride from Spencer on the winner :lol: love him or hate him makes for great viewing when he puts one up on the line like that! Class!

Had prepared a write up for Pinerolo but price contracted too much for me. Bloody hell Sue Smith has come back to some kind of form, had a terrible time of it through Jan/Feb. Arthbutnot an Bowen are two I’m waiting to see a revival from also. Though Bowen will no doubt be in the summer when my eye is off the jumps game!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.