The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arc 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Arc 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Frenchy the forecast for saturday morning is 20mm of rain and that on top of the rain what is forecast during the week. I can see heavy going and a host of horses pulled out, with love in there as well.

The money has come in for Strad today with best price now only 8/1.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

It’ll be a real shame if it’s really heavy. Could throw up something weird but Enable should handle most soft going okay.

Not even sure that’s real money Mike. Bookies scared of a massive Enable gamble and trying to attract some other money!

Stradivarius won’t beat Enable and therefore won’t win the Arc. Not even sure he’ll get near the top 3 personally.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2192

Horses in wider draws have won Arcs when the ground is soft or worse. On decent ground a single figure draw would be a big help.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7574

I’m glad to see that In Swoop stands his ground at this point. I think he
    looks like the type to take a hand in this at the finish, he has the pace
    to hold his position and he has a real finishing kick. Came with a late
    swoop to win the Deutsches Derby and finishing best of all when taking 2nd
    behind Mogul in the Grand Prix de Paris earlier this month. He’s won in
    the soft and it looks to me that Longchamp suits his style of running.

In Swoop 20/1 Bet365

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

That’s a misleading comment if you are quoting what the Racing Post wrote today.

The ground conditions are not necessarily the factor on the draw.

12/15 winners have been drawn 8 or lower.

The exceptions were very very good horses and second in the market, Treve, Golden Horn and Dalakhani

If we include Workforce as one of those very good horses, the stat is

11/15 have been drawn 6 or lower.

The ground conditions is not the factor here in the draw stat.

If you’re drawn 7 or higher you need to be exceptionally good to win the Arc

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17713

I’ll take a chance on In Swoop too. Was going to enjoy it without a bet, but I can see the appeal with him, though best I could get was 18’s. Won’t bother with an EW here, I’ll go for the win.

Just took 16’s NRNB

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 344

Not sure my inner ‘Cringeometer’ could take Dettori and “his girl” winning this tbf.

At least Gosden won’t be there to explain to us yet again why he couldn’t be bothered to get her fit for the Eclipse.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17713

lol Tatling

Did you see the photo of him kneeling beside her after her win last time…….nauseating. One of the most cringeworthy things I’ve ever seen.

Ps, I’ll probably delete this in five mins, as just the type of comment that’ll derail the thread, but I feel better for getting it off my chest.

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 344

Yes I saw it. Pretty sickening. Moving on as you say….

I thought Stradivarius ran a nice trial, and will surely get a stronger pace with Coolmore running 5. Can see him placing a-la Order of St George, Westerner.

Can see Serpentine potentially haring off with back-to-Epsom tactics, but surely they won’t let him get away this time.

Mogul chucked a spanner in the works winning so well last time, Love could be another Zarkava, Persian King could be anything over 12f if staying, Enable would need kicking out the first three you’d think.

One I am curious about is Japan at a price. Owner weighed Coolmore in heavily wanting a horse called Japan to run in this race. I thought it bizarre Moore selected him over Magical lto. If he chose him over Love this time……hmmm, but surely not. Spider Sense is tingling though I must admit, and a return to the form of smashing Crystal Ocean would put him bang there, arguably ahead of Enable.

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

Skybet have gone NRNB on the arc now

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

Demuro takes Sottsass instead of Raabihah. Guyon takes the ride on Raabihah.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Would Demuro have had the choice there then?

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2192

Point taken Frenchy regarding the draw. Will keep an eye out on who is drawn 1 to 9.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

Well he’s ridden Raabihah since her career started and also Sottsass more often than not recently, so you’d imagine so…Guyon ain’t a bad substitute though + it’s clear Sottsass holds the better form going into the race than the filly. The way Rouget spoke of her though, you’d have thought he’d pick her. Perhaps it’s a nudge as to how they think she’ll handle the likely going…. :unsure:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2192

It just means she ain’t that good. ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.