The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix de arc de triomphe 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix de arc de triomphe 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1342

Logician will likely run in all the 10-12F races Enable misses out on (Coronation/POW/Eclipse/KG etc).

I would be so beyond shocked if both turn up in the Arc as the plan is totally geared around Enable winning a 3rd one so JG will (unless Enable doesn’t make the Arc) go the Cracksman route with Logician and run him in Champion Stakes.

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1407

I like the look of Contrail after winning the Japanese Derby in impressive style. Hopefully he can do what his mighty sire Deep Impact couldn’t and win an Arc (though hopefully not get thrown out for banned substance like Dad!) Deep Impact died last year and this will be some of the last top three year old’s in his line. Plenty of romance in there for the Japanese fans, I think from memory he even sired last years Japanese Derby winner too.

But back to Contrail, he looks high classed and was impressive and is still improving. I managed to grab some 25s and still about in a couple of places but everywhere else he is 10/1.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

Japan is the one for me.
    Lightly raced 4 y/o trained by the genius
    20/1, please sir can I have some more

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

bugger 16’s top price
    now I know how Oliver Twist was feeling with his gruel

Member since March 2008
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Logician has been on the sick list so I cashed out a while back.
    No opinion at this stage.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Japan 16-1.

Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

I backed Japan again after the Prince of Wales back out 20’s had everything against him going, distance although the pace wasn’t too bad he also missed the kick.
    Done both Love and Frankly Darling both at 25’s.. 3 y/o Fillies do quite well and these two look about the best of the bunch. O’Brien runs multiple horses but be careful with Frankly Darling if going Ante Post as Gosden tends not to fire to many bullets and Enable at present will be his number 1 but I thought worth a few quid at 25’s. One of them should be winning the Oaks

Member since March 2008
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

Yes, I would just back Frankly Darling when she is declared, as I don’t want to go through the same disaster as with Cracksman again who wasn’t allowed..
    So I think FD won’t run here either, as JG fears she could beat Enable and he will probably protect his “wonder filly” again :negative:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

English King 25’s across the board
    He’s not for me but those thinking he is a good thing in the Derby might be interested in the price as it will surely go if he wins.

Member since March 2008
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

No 6 year old has ever won the Arc. So it will be beneficial for Gosden to chuck in one with a winning chance. ;-)

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 556

I’ve finally decided to bet Mogul here, and I’ve taken the 50-1.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Added Love 14-1. Hope she comes here with all the allownces she gets.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 420

They would be crazy not to run Love in the Arc. I doubt they have a better 3yo unless one of theirs bolts up in the Derby.

kris_kin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

Love looked very impressive but would the high chance of softer ground in the Arc be a worry?

Despite her Dam’s sire being Pivotal Love has form figures of 352 on ground worse than Good and form figures of 411111 on Good or better.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

The ground isn’t always soft. The last 5 Arcs has been Soft, Good, Good at Longchamp, and Soft and Good at Chantilly.

Good ground is a preference for her on evidence so far. Train her for the Arc without worrying about the weather is a likely scenario.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.