Prix de arc de triomphe 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix de arc de triomphe 2020

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1149

I see they’re letting Enable run next season to try for 3 again. Big ask for a 6 yr old filly.

So am on Logician 16s ew instead.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2541

Good choice Mike, he looks a belter and well up to carrying the full weight.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

MILITARY MARCH 66/1 Power

Think he win derby if that happens price not be as it is and even if get soft ground on arc day he cope with fine to he best middle distance prospect 3yo seen at 2 this year

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

I agree with Logician, I was discussing him at the weekend as my idea of the winner. Most people I speak to seem to share this view.

The other horse I like at this stage is Mogul at 40-1.

I haven’t bet either, as it’s just too early for me really, but these are the two which I had in mind.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 590

Think JG has a track record of not clashing his stars though. If Logician is good, he won’t run in the Arc next season against Enable.

Like the Mogul shout though, I have him antipost for the Derby currently. Might add him at 40s for the Arc then.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

I would say that will come down to the owner more than JG Frenchy, given they are both owned by Juddmonte…

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 590

ah yes, they are. Even more a reason then that Logician won’t run. I can see the comments now….

September End 2020…………. either 1) “Logician has had a slight setback and we’ll take him straight to the breeders cup” or 2) “Logician showed enough speed last time, that we think he’ll be very well suited to the 10F Champions Stakes at Ascot”

We know it’s true!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1149

Some are assuming Enable will be the same class animal at the age of 6. I wouldn’t be surprised if she just isn’t as good. And Logician will be better next season I think and he was pretty good in this one.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 590

Yeah but it’s obvious to say if Enable doesn’t come back in decent form and loses the chance to win the Arc then Logician should run. I wouldn’t like to bet that however. There’s not much reason why Enable can’t stay in form though? She’d have to be in poor form for them to run Logician. Any sort of half decent form and they’ll run her and not him.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

Jack and Frenchy any views on my bet in arc

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1149

If Enable is in half decent form Frenchy and ends up 5th favourite say, and Logician ends up favourite I don’t see a reason why they would only run the 5th favourite and take out the favourite for such a top race myself.

Interesting views from all though. :good:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 590

The reason would be that Khalid Abdullah is 82years old, a proper sports man, been in the racing game since forever and wants to make history with Enable winning the Arc three times.

Logician can win it in 2021. It is fascinating though, because I do rate Logician and he clearly looks like he’s going to be campaigned over all the big 12F races next season, but I just think they’ll find some reason come late September.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 590

If Military March was trained by someone other than SBS I’d be pretty keen on him! He’s beautifully bred and looks like he could be better at 3. I’m just not a fan of SBS these days. He has the profile of a Derby winner though and achieved more than my antipost Mogul on RPRs already, so I wouldn’t put anyone off taking 28s for the Derby and 66s for the Arc.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

so I wouldn’t put anyone off taking 28s for the Derby and 66s for the Arc.

I would. I think you could easily wait until March/April and find out if he makes it through the winter 100%. You might also find out if he’s been switched to run at Meydan lol.

He is entered on Saturday though, so if he runs in that or in France perhaps the above can be scratched!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.