The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix de arc de triomphe 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix de arc de triomphe 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2575

Kris i suppose it could be an issue for her.

Though looking at those races, one she was beat a hd in a maiden and the last run she recorded her joint best rpr as a 2yo. So it’s hard to be certain.

Agree though, it’s something she might have to prove.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

I’d have big concerns on anything slower than good for her at this level.

She’s very good but folk are getting carried away to me. If she had run against Serpentine she would only have beaten him 2L roughly.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3666

And would of become the first Filly to win the Derby in over 100 years if she did win it. :heart: her to bit’s but would not touch her for any race with a mention of soft in the going. A year older now i suppose but don’t think she likes it in the slightest like you said.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1776

With frankly darling not running her race you have to wonder exactly what she beat

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

The 2 to 2 and a half length gap between the Oaks and Derby winner shouldnt be taken literally. Did Love run the last furlong flat out having already won the race? I doubt it. More in the tank.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 420

Does it matter what she beat? It was a sensational performance. The clock tells us so. She is the best three year old in training by a country mile.

Granted a good draw and decent ground at Longchamp, I think she would be close to a certainty.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2575

Even if we just say Ennistymon ran to her Ascot form which is probably at the very least given she looks progressive, Frankly Darling hasn’t run absolutely terribly?!

I’d say Frankly Darling has run a bit under power, as she did look to have Ennistymon covered at Ascot regardless of Ennistymon looked eye catching. But, i would doubt either are bad fillies at all probably up to winning their G1s?

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

Frankly Darling hasn’t run up to her Ascot form there, she was all over the shop on the track. I’d agree they’re probably G1 fillies in their own sex but they didn’t put in G1 performances on Saturday.

Minding done the same double looking unbeatable, but she struggled once she stepped up to the elite level in the ICS. It’s a big jump going from beating 3YO fillies to beating proven top level performers like Enable.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2575

No FD hasn’t, but even if we just assume Ennistymon has not bettered her Ascot run FD hasn’t run miles below has she? She’s run below it but not quite as bad some are saying.

That’s also assuming a 3yo filly of Aidan O’Brien’s hasn’t improved at all from race to race which is unlikely. Espcially one as lightly raced as Ennistymon.

Obviously Frankly Darling was expected to be a proper G1 filly and she still might be, but she’s clearly firey and didn’t improve from Ascot>Epsom like most would have expected. She’s run below her Ascot run, but to me, not by a mile.

Love has ended up beating them 9Ls. Of course stepping up into open company is a massive test but even just on RPRs we are probably looking at the 2nd best Oaks win since 2011 to Enable. The form is harder to judge which is understandable given we had 3months less racing, but i’d say it’ll stand up.

Minding placed in ICS then won at Ascot, so she did end up doing it! Obviously an Arc is another thing entirely.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

I suppose the point i’m making with Minding is that i see her as being a better filly than Love at the moment and she still struggled to win an ICS. Love is a right good horse but in the context of the Arc, she shouldn’t be Fav to me as she still has to prove it in open company.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Horses don’t have to prove it in open company to be a favourite of a horse race. If you go back in history, the favourite of a horse race isn’t just about who has the best form at that point but a horse who has impressed on the track and has the potential to step up on what they have done before.

As I previously said, Enable is 6 now and no 6 year old has ever won. She didn’t win it at 5 and I have convinced myself that 1 or maybe more of the younger legs will beat her in the Arc.

It may well be Love with the 3 year old allowances. You win a classic by that distance in a good time and know you go to the Arc getting weight from others its not surprising that she is favourite. Its a ‘sexy’ profile. And a ‘sexy’ profile can end up as a favourite of a horse race. :yes:

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

She’s too short at 4/1 for a filly not yet proven in open company. Aidan for all his greatness is very unsuccessful with his 3YOs in the Arc aswell.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 103

Love’s been given the same rating as Enable was for her Oaks win by BHA of 122 to give the performance some context, Serpentine given 120 which is slightly more than Anthony Van Dyck and Wings Of Eagles but less than Masar and Harzand and some way below Golden Horn of the more recent winners.

On the point of proving herself in open company as it were, I think this is certainly true of novice hurdlers/chasers in a National Hunt setting but significantly less so on the flat, particularly where there aren’t that many superstar older horses still in training. If you looked at the mile division for example the top 3 year olds have in all likelihood already achieved as much if not more than Circus Maximus who is the benchmark for older milers.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

I’d definitely agree with the milers, older bunch are poor.

I half agree with the older horses shout but when it comes to a 3YO filly she still needs to prove herself to be up to taking on the 3YO colts with the small allowance, much like Minding who was behind Almanzor (And a very good 4YO in Found).

I still feel she runs like she’s best on a straight track also, she didn’t take Tottenham corner the best and flew once the ground straightened up.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Serpentine coming here so swapped Japan for him at 25s. Love 14s and Serpentine 25s I have currently. I still think at 6 something with younger legs will beat Enable. Maybe its a 3 year old.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.