Prince of Wales Stakes 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2019 Prince of Wales Stakes 2019

This topic contains 104 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Illavim 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

I am really interested in this race, I hope others too:
    The key horse here should be Sea of Class, has anybody heard about her if she is fit and well and if she is really intended to run here? If so, would the Ascot track suit her?
    What could Ghaiyyath or other rivals do against her lethal speed? Fortunately we have some experts for these horses in this forum, so please feel free to contribute and fire away!

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

This race is her target according to Haggas and the owner is up for it
    she was due to run in the Middleton at York but will not now as she had a temperature and has been pulled

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

Here is the article dated 4 days ago 21/4/19

Sea Of Class will miss her intended reappearance in the Middleton Stakes at York’s Dante meeting next month.

William Haggas had hoped to start the Irish Oaks winner on the Knavesmire, but a recent raised temperature forced her to have an easy week.

Royal Ascot is her early focus, but whether she runs before the big meeting is still to be decided.

“She spiked a temperature about two weeks ago which we didn’t like,” Haggas told Racing TV’s Luck On Sunday.

“It was down within 24 hours, but a couple of markers on her blood weren’t great so we’ve had to give her a week off, which is why we’ll take her out of the Middleton on Tuesday.

“She’s essentially fine, she’s back in work and looks great. We think she’s improved a bit and we’re also delighted they’ve decided not to run Almond Eye (in Europe).

“I’d love to meet her some day, I was very impressed with her at Meydan, but I’m very keen to have a crack at the colts this year.

“It’s a bit softly-softly to go for all the Group One races for fillies. The other thing I want to do is bring her back in trip because I don’t think any race she won last year she won because she out-galloped them – I think she won because she was quicker than them.

“A bit like Almond Eye, Sea Of Class would have been interesting in that nine-furlong race because I think she’s quite similar, she’s got a turn of foot so I really want to go for the Prince of Wales’s, that’s my first one.

“I’ve discussed it with Mrs Tsui (owner), she’s up for it, naturally, so that’s what we’d like to do – whether we get a run in first will be up to her really.”

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Thank you so much Nathan for your prompt answer and upload!
    Then it is perhaps questionable if she runs here and if so, what shape she will be in..
    I hope her biggest fan will post too :bye:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 698

She looked like a potentially special horse last year

What she did to come from that far back in the arc was incredible, the only thing that beat her was the field size, I have no doubts that in a smaller field with less ground to make up she would have flown past enable

If she turns up here fully fit and firing I cant see anything in the same league as her

She is also still quite inexperienced and it’s a little scary that she could be even better this year

Fingers crossed Haggas gets her spot on

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

What’s up, is nobody else interested in this race?
    Jac are you still upset for I had written Cracksman would beat SoC easily?
    We will never find out, but I would fancy to read your opinion on this one :mail:
    From her class SoC should win this imo, but the statement Nathan uploaded leaves some doubts..

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

Hi Hein :bye:
    Only just seen this and Nathan has answered all the questions so far.
    What a shame that she will miss her York outing as I can’t wait to see her again.

As far as Cracksman, Enable or any other horse is concerned I would have loved nothing better than for her to have conquered them all last year but am certain this is going to be her season.

Pleased that Haggas is going to use her speed more this time and hope she may be ridden more prominently to see her at best effect. With Almond Eye off the scene and Ghaiyyath disappointing in the Ganay she has every chance to outshine her rivals and truly believe she will…love her to bits hein and good luck :heart:
    Tonight at Chelmsford 7.25 am hoping another flying filly makes a winning return.
    Royal Intervention 9/2 runs.
    Thought she was a Guineas horse but has been off some time, hoping to see her run well. :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Thank you very much Jac :bye:
    Factually you are right, as Nathan’s upload was very informative :good:
    I am just a bit worried about her temperature..
    Best of luck with RI tonight, I hope she makes YOU smile and not your bookie!

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

My bookies been smiling too much this week Hein :yes: , Queen Power beaten a sh.hd yesterday but looking forward to seeing how RI fairs tonight and of course my two for the 1000 Guineas Qabala and Mot Juste. :good:

I also worry about SOC and her temperature, we have had a slow start to the flat season so far but looking forward to seeing Mabs Cross and Kew Gardens at the weekend and how Godolphin sub Al Hilalee gets on in the 2000. Hopefully will see a few notebook horses for later on too, my favourite weekend of the year :yahoo: Jac

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Jac have you heard about Mythical Madness tonight :whistle: ?

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

Can you believe it hein Ive followed him faithfully and he turns up at 10/1 when I don’t have a penny on :unsure:
    I just didn’t look through the decs today, Thursdays are my busiest day of the week and I just left it with my Royal Intervention bet (4th) she was on my Sporting Life Stable list and I omitted to add MM so didnt get a reminder that he was running.
    Happy that he’s won at last and hope I can turn it around at the weekend.
    Joni also having a bad run at the moment hein, it must be something in the air as we say..onwards and upwards :rose: Jac

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Yes Jac, this must have been really quite a madness for you.
    I had these situations several times with old favourites in Germany,
    so don’t worry too much, I’m sure the Frankellites will strike back soon :bye:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

I’m OK about it hein it always happens when you take your eye off tbe ball :scratch: been studying up Newmarket most of the day and hoping Mabs Cross will romp home in The Palace House against the young pretender of AOB tomorrow :yes: caņ’t believe The Abbaye winner is 11/2..also Veracious looks a good bet in The Dahlia on Sunday but she is a very short price.
    Jac :rose:

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Excellent Jac, young pretender of AOB :yes: You needn’t tell me that twice, as I never regarded AOB as the “master” the rest of the world probably sees him. For me he had benefitted for far too long from Gallileo’s substance, and one day not too far away this glory might be over!

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8617

Lol hein… I always want want to take him on..getting ready to leave for Newmarket soon..exciting two days ahead..can’t wait, good luck Jac :rose:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.