Pot Luck 3

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Pts staked 75

Master of Reality gave me a good little return today, a brave run.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16245

Well done today, smashing result for you.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Thanks VtC. Got 3 for Down Royal tomorrow. Don’t know why Rashaan isn’t odds on at his favourite track. He might like the ground a bit quicker but should cope OK unless there is a deluge tonorrow.
    Going to give Allee Bleue another go; and reckon China Princess is up against easier opposition this time.

Down Royal
    6.50 Rashaan 6-5 2.5 pts win
    7.55 Allee Bleue 10-1 1pt win
    8.30 China Princess 8-1 0.5pts win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Day 4 Ascot
    Precious Moments 20-1 ew
    Lil Grey 25-1 ew
    Jack Yeats 33-1 ew
    Jash 5-1 win
    Jubiloso 11-2 win

Will decide on handicaps tomorrow though I am hopeless at them.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Drawn a blank so put token 0.5pt ew bet in the last
    Downdraft 28-1

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Pts staked 86.5

Up the ladder and back down the snake.
    Will abandon Allee Bleue now…summat wrong.

Last day of Ascot:

Pinatubo 10-3
    So Perfect 5-1
    Mirage Dancer 11-2
    Southern France 9-2
    (0.5 Rev f/c MD+SF)
    Blue Point 2-1
    The Tin Man 9-1 ew 4pl
    Perfection 18-1
    Black Corton 16-1

All win only except The Tin Man
    (Got sick of backing my selections in the handicaps to x places only for them to finish x+1)

Looking forward to the Hardwicke the most and hoping that my two selections put up a good show. Mirage Dancer coukd have a great year and I want my TTF pick Southern France to go well.
    In the next, got to back Blue Pint again. The Tin Man had excuses last time so hope he gets a place, lineable chap.
    Little Black Corton to finish off the meeting :-).

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

As it’s the last day I might abandon the plan and add a few more as I go.
    Quick ground so
    Bound for Nowhere 0.5pts ew 16-1 4pl PP

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Pts staked 96.5

A few little ones today, win only:

1pt each on my TTF horses at the Curragh:
    Southern France 15/8
    Pink Dogwood 5/4

Curragh Cup is an interesting race with SF and Latrobe back up in trip, Twilight Payment who runs well here, Western Australia on good ground with a weight allowance, and the Harrington horse as well. Race of the day hopefully.

0.5pt each for Jessie’s filly and elsewhere
    Crt 2.55 Francky du Berlais 10/3
    Curr 4.15 Albigna 7/2
    Crt 5.10 Our Kylie 9/2
    Newc 7.05 Sun Maiden 11/10

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 445

You’ve had some nice winners so far Greenasgrass, well done.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Thanks buckers

Pts staked 100.5

Got a little return from Winter Lion in the Summer Cup but immediately chucked it away on a pointless AP on Magic Wand for the Eclipse, who doesn’t run…too soon after the Curragh.

Again lots of little ‘uns tomorrow. At in laws for bbq party weekend in Wales so won’t get to watch any of it but might sneak off for the Eclipse. Reckon Magical should be closer in the betting to Enable as AOB said she came out of Ascot well. I’m backing O’Brien Jnr’s horses at Bellewstown

1pt win on Magical; 0.5pt win the rest except Air Supremacy 0.5pt EW (think something must have gone wrong for him at end of last season):

1.50 San Muthmir 6-1
    3.15 Hay First Eleven 11-4
    3.35 San Magical 3-1
    5.35 Hay Mustarrid 11-2
    5.50 Bell Baboin 3-1
    6.20 Bell Air Supremacy 40-1
    6.50 Bell Count Simon 10-11
    7.20 Bell City Hall 9-1
    7.50 Bell Centaur 4-1

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

July Cup
    Fairyland and Brando 10-1 and 22-1 respectively 0.5 pt EW

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

5.40 Lim Ravenhill 4-1 b365 1pt win

Trip might be a bit sharp but hope he can regain winning ways.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Your old pal kept him company VtC – hope you backed him EW at that price- looked like the old stager enjoyed himself up the front!!

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16245

Sorry for late reply Grass, at my Caravan, and network coverage a bit shabby.

Oh yeah, he did me proud, I got 66’s, and an insane price on the Exchange, he’s back.

Well done with Ravenshill………though those weren’t my sentiments immediately after the race lol

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

I knew you’d be on, good stuff!
    What do you make of the chases at Killarney? I’m itching for a bet but will probably sit on my hands waiting for the replays especially to watch:
    7.20 Dakota Moirette. Really a confidence horse. He got broadsided by a loose horse last time, poor chap knocked sideways by it in blinkers so coukdn’t see it coming. Then jumps less well, then goes backwards quickly (stewards report says lost shoe and a cut). Time before that jumped OK, then hit one, then jumped the next horribly and the rest a bit stickily. Hoping for a Russell masterclass in how to stay out of trouble and get a horse jumping again.

8.20 Commandant also gone to pot lately. Has talent and I’d love to see him happy and jumping for fun again.

8.50 Race of the day. Dinons jumped very very well for a novice last time but gives a lot of weight to Robin de Carlow who also went quite well and should improve. Intrigued by Brahma Bull. He’s an ignorant big brute and as raw as a lump of blue steak. Hope jockey has arms of steel and glue on the seat of his pants. Some ability though…he was still pulling at the end of 3 miles last time having fought his jockey the whole way. His jumping is as rough as a badger’s bum- I can’t decide whether he is a dyspraxic lump who will never be any good or whether it’s just because he’s a big beast who hasn’t yet learned to control his body and spends more time fighting his rider than allowing himself to be helped. Plenty of gridwork and a few days’ hunting over trappy country in that creature’s future I would think. I wonder if he is used as punishment at Closutton: “You arrived hungover and late for work this morning…so go and muck out those 20 stables and then you’re schooling Brahma Bull”.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 217 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.