The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 10

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Nothing Gained 10

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Sungold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 84

Tip-top selection, VtC – Man O Work! I could not get 28s(!!) but happy with the win.

• Total Posts 14921

Cheers mate, really happy with how he did that. First circuit I thought he was done, but going down the back, I knew he’d a chance.

Decent day all round with Father Jed getting the EW money at 25’s (I’ll be deleting that line if I find out any of the fallers at the 2nd last didn’t make it). Shagpyle ran well, and I’d bet her again definitely.

After yesterday, can have some extra selections today. Some already up in Big Races, and happy to have Zip and Fairyhill Run as well. I’d probably not be with Baltic Bird if things hadn’t gone as well yesterday. He’s probably just short of this, but thought just a bit big at the same time. Same applies to Thor’s Hammer

Wanted to add Tinto or Woven in The Silver Cup, but swerving it, as I like Gulliver too. In The Gold Cup, I think that Rohaan will run really well, while, I also looked at Bielsa and Desert Cop. On a busy day though, one selection in each race is enough.

1410 Listowel – Baltic Bird 12’s
    Ayr Silver Cup – Snazzy Jazzy EW7/66’s
    Ayr Gold Cup – Escobar EW7/50’s
    Goffs Million – Thor’s Hammer EW5/40’s
    1545 York – Zip 20’s EW6Pls
    1630 Listowel – Fairyhill Run 18’s EW4

• Total Posts 14921

Really decent day again yesterday. Snazzy Jazzy EW at 66’s made my day, though I had more on EW at 40’s than 66’s. Decent profit in running from Fairyhill Run, having taken that 18’s, and though Zip was a much smaller bet, I took my stakes back anyway.

Happy also with the runs of Rohaan and Escobar. Got the pair of them still in Anteposts, and happy with those bets.

As expected, Thor’s Hammer just short of what was required in The Goffs Million, but I’ll definitely be with him again.

Was tempted by Sundial at The Curragh today, but I’ll just stick to The Irish Cesarewitch. Both look up against it, but I’ve had a proper go with Stratum, and be nice if one of these could round of a really good weekend. Switched to Falcon after withdrawal of The Shunter

Irish Cesarewitch
    Stratum 50’s EW 7 Pls
    Falcon Eight 33’s

• Total Posts 14921

Great run from Falcon Eight, and he really should have won. Not complaining though, as laid off close home for a free race, getting my stake back. That was more important though for my Stratum bet, as he was much bigger bet. He’s maybe one for sentimental bets now, can’t keep putting him up. That was abysmal today, but I’ll no doubt bet him over the jumps this winter

Really decent weekend, so I’ll play on a Monday, which doesn’t happen too often.

Was always going to bet Fiveaftermidnight, Monday or not, but she’ll no doubt be a non runner in the morning. Stable doing ok, and she’s the wrong price I reckon. I stuck with Skybet for the three places, as they’re more prone to honouring the three if there’s a non runner. If I see bigger than 16’s in the morning, I’ll top up win only.

Dug another one out at Warwick. Blaze A Trail is hard to predict. Couldn’t believe the opening 16’s, but took the 14’s for extra place

1505 Warwick – Blaze A Trail 14’s EW4
    1705 Roscommon – Fiveaftermidnight 16’s EW 3pls

• Total Posts 14921

No joy Monday, and Fiveaftermidnight, although just one out the places in fourth, was pretty poor. I’ll persevere, but close to becoming one of those I’ll bet, but have to stop putting up. (That list is growing)

Quiet Saturday, and after swerving the race completely last year, I’ve got a couple in The Cambridgeshire.

Was going to leave it at that, as couldn’t split Empirestateofmind and Racingbreaks Ryder at Haydock, and didn’t fancy betting both. In the end though, the 20’s on Racingbreaks Ryder swayed me.

Really interesting debutant over fences tomorrow in Letsbeclearaboutit. Think he could emerge as a real contender for The NH Chase, and he looks a fair price for that right now. Just one to watch though, and no interest in actually betting him tomorrow

Faylaq 100’s EW8Pls/160’s
    Geremia EW/280’s
    Racingbreaks Ryder 20’s EW4Pls

• Total Posts 14921

Interesting run from Racingbreaks Ryder last week, and looks a definite future winner, especially now off 93

The Goldie pair ran just ok, and certainly no hard luck stories.

Had a long think about putting Euchen Glen back up again. These threads shouldn’t be for sentimental selections, and that’s the way he was going. However, seen enough to put him up again, and the main worry is that he’s friendless. Topped up 50’s, though I expect an admirable run in defeat.

In The Challenge Cup, I’m with Biggles and Escobar, while I was happy to nab 33’s for Random Harvest in The Sun Chariot.

I like Cloudbreaker and Goodnightgodbless too, but both too short. The other I’ve bet is Imperial Class, and definitely following her now after stable debut

Cumberland Lodge – Euchen Glen 50’s EW
    Sun Chariot – Random Harvest 33’s EW
    Challenge Cup – Biggles 14’s
    Challenge Cup – Escobar 50’s EW
    1540 Fairyhouse – Imperial Class 16’s

• Total Posts 14921

As per Big Race threads, with a couple at Newmarket tomorrow.

Probably looking at Old Rowley Cup for the sake of it now. Cashing out Concorde was a wise move. If any joy in The Cornwallis, I’ll maybe bet Laafi for a bit of interest. 28’s looks too big to me with five places on offer

I’ve got 10’s Pogo, but haven’t topped up at the 12’s. Don’t want anymore on, but if he hit 16’s I might top up

Cornwallis – Midnight Affair
    Challenge Stakes – Pogo 10’s

• Total Posts 14921

Midnight Affair definitely not one to persevere with after that today.

Geremia the big hope for The Cesarewitch tomorrow, and topped up the EW after declared. Had this race in mind for him all season, so everything crossed. The Shunter the backup, and although I’ve put 21’s, he’s really an 18’s.

I’ll have a small interest in running possibly on Per Contra in The Autumn Stakes, but not my type of race, so more hesitant than I was in the week. Killybegs Warrior has been bet as well, though I’ll definitely be looking to claw back stakes during race. Who knows with Sir Busker, but I’ve topped up my small Antepost on him.

No hesitation in sticking with Escobar, while I think Volatile Analyst can win soon for new yard.

Sprint Trophy – Escobar 33’s EW 6pls
    Cesarewitch – Geremia 33’s EW 10pls/50’s
    Cesarewitch – The Shunter 21’s
    Bet Bundles – Killybegs Warrior 20’s EW 5pl
    Darley – Sir Busker 20’s
    1600 Naas – Volatile Analyst 16’s EW 4pls

• Total Posts 14921

Really happy with The Cesarewitch yesterday. My favourite Flat Race, and though I’ve had a few nice EW’s since, The Shunter was my first winner in over ten years. Going the ten places with Bet365 worked a treat, and bagged the EW on Geremia as well.

Escobar was poor again at York, and he’ll be put up again next week if he runs, as I’ve already bet him, but he’ll be going in the sentimental pile now (I’ll keep betting him when he’s a price, but can’t possibly keep putting him up as a selection). Sir Busker was poor too, and hopefully see him in the Retirement thread soon.

Nice EW’s though from Killybegs Warrior and Volatile Anslyst to round off a good day.

Only one selection today, with Whiskey Sour

Naas Nov Handicap – Whiskey Sour 16’s

• Total Posts 14921

All bets at Ascot today, and a couple placed would be good. All covered in Race Threads

Long Distance Cup – Stratum 100’s EW
    Champion Sprint – Rohaan 33’s EW
    Queen Elizabeth II – Hi Royal 100’s EW
    Balmoral – Ropey Guest 33’s EW6Pls/40’s

• Total Posts 14921

Delighted with Ropey Guest at the weekend, and not for the first time, he really paid his way EW. He was a bigger bet, and with Stratum and Rohaan much smaller bets, should have been even better day, but my two top ups on Hi Royal shaved a few quid off.

Going with Zip tomorrow, and the pair I mentioned in Big Races. Started chipping away at Fred, but possible I could beat that 40’s

From deleted race thread……… Last race on Friday, and interested in Kansas City Star.

Always seems to find one too good, but I think he’s definitely got potential, and on my radar for the season. Thought he was a strange runner in The Challow last season, and been keeping tabs on him since. Young enough, and not too many miles on the clock. Danny Gillian takes a handy five off.

Hopefully one for bigger targets later in the season too.

Best priced 10’s at the moment, and I’ll definitely be betting him once a few more price up.

Close Bros – Midnight Our Fred 40’s EW6
    Abu Dhabi – Kansas City Star

• Total Posts 14921

Thought Midnight Our Fred had it, and having topped up at 50’s, still delighted. Very happy with him and Ropey Guest the last two bets, and although would’ve been nice for the win, no position to complain
    Less said about Kansas City Star the better

Few bets flying about today then.

Few mentioned in Big Races already, and if any luck from Before Midnight or Elvis Mail, I’ll bet Mister Fogpatches. Got a few on the radar at Doncaster, especially Racingbreaks Ryder and Zip in the same race. Wait and see job with them at the moment, though I’ve completely missed the bigger prices

Before Midnight was available 12’s in the week, but I waited till confirmed, and still missed the 10’s.

Didn’t make the same mistake with Take Centre Stage, who I give a real chance to.

Wa Wa looked as if me needed it the last time, and on the face of it, weighted out of it, but he caught my eye anyway

Busy busy day, but happy off the back of last two betting days. Up in the air at the moment with the Doncaster bets, and Mister Fogpatches

**Moonovercloon odds added after race

1315 Cheltenham – Before Midnight 9’s
    Edinburgh Gin – Elvis Mail 5’s
    Epic Jumps Chase – Hidden Heroics 18’s Pertemps – Moonovercloon 18’s EW6Pls
    1617 Galway – Wa Wa 33’s EW 4pls
    1625 Doncaster – Zip 7’s
    1629 Kelso – Take Centre Stage 9’s

• Total Posts 14921

Decent yesterday with Elvis Mail and Zip winning, along with the EW from Moonovercloon, and profit in running from Take Centre Stage. I’ve just added Zip into yesterdays selections, as I put him up on Friday, and been waiting him out for a while, and no the first time I’ve put him up. Always the plan to update the thread with him yesterday, but work got in the way.

Decent day then, and it had to be, as today is busy.

Continuing with the Greenall/Guerriero angle with a pair of them, with Jagwar a particularly promising type, while I’ve mentioned the other Aintree runners in Big Races

Got three in Galway, with a horse who really interests me this year, Meetingofthewaters, along with Da Big Fella, and not for the first time, The Dabbler.

Only got this many selections, as the last three betting days have been very good. I’ll definitely look to claw back in running where possible with that in mind. Don’t like putting this many up, but I’ve got to strike when the going’s good. Wheels will no doubt come off. That’s what usually happens

1250 Aintree – No But I Will 9’s
    1316 Galway – Meetingofthewaters 14’s
    Veterans – Top Ville Ben 8’s
    Veterans – Wishing and Hoping 11’s
    1351 Galway – The Dabbler 10’s
    Old Roan – Do Your Job 9’s

Cashed out the last two. Want to come out the weekend nicely ahead, rather than by scraping it. No hard luck stories from any of them today, so I’ll cut and run

• Total Posts 14921

Sunday was certainly worst day of my season so far, and the two that I cashed out, Da Big Fella, and Jagwar, ran really well, and I’d have made a nice profit on the pair of them. That summed the day up. Jagwar definitely a promising one

Probably should give it a complete rest after that, but betting some at Thurles today.

Pepperoco got me a nice return earlier in season, and decided to go in for a second time. Forever Frankie is around 25’s for a reason, but I thought I seen something in last run, and happy to be with him EW, while Mitiva is surely better than a 12-1 shot

Very risky going back in, but maybe better to just get on with it

Thurles
    1330 Pepperoco (Non Runner)
    1440 Forever Frankie 22’s EW 5pls
    1515 Mitiva 12’s

• Total Posts 14921

Two smaller bets yesterday, with Non Runner Pepperoco the main fancy. No returns from Frankie, but I seen enough to persevere, and made a small profit on Mitiva in running. Mitiva was a small enough bet that I wouldn’t usually try to get my stakes back, but as I was only betting yesterday for Pepperoco, it made sense to take the profit anyway.

I’ve zero interest in The Breeders Cup, but I did tune in to watch Big Evs, who’s a real fav after that bet in June, and delighted to see him romp home. He’s turned out miles better than I expected. Not a penny on tonight sadly

Fairly quiet Saturday with Wetherby expected to go. Considering Schalke, if Wetherby is lost, or maybe Rare Middleton, but right now, this lot’ll do

1415 Ayr – Donna’s Double 20’s EW
    1530 Wetherby – Haafapiece 10’s
    Sodexo – Beauport 5’s
    1604 Ayr – Danno’s Dollar 12’s

• Total Posts 14921

So close with Donna’s Double today. I gave up the EW returns to take the profit in running, while I got stake back on Haafapiece. Beauport was poor, and Danno’s Dollar was always likely to be a work in progress.

Main bet Sunday is Sir Bob in The Cork National, but also with Bass Rock and The King of May at Carlisle.

Couple of old faves at The Curragh, but sentimental for one of them, and the other very short
    Expecting a Rule 4 on Bass Rock

Colin Parker – Bass Rock 11’s
    1505 Carlisle – The King of May 14’s EW 4pl
    Cork National – Sir Bob 16’s EW 5pls/20’s

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7364

“Couple of old faves at The Curragh, but sentimental for one of them, and the other very short”

They’re not too short or too sentimental if they do the business though 🙂
    I haven’t looked at this thread for a while but watched both races thinking “Bobby will have backed those…how does he pick out ones that will keep on winning for him for years??”

I didn’t back anything in the handicap but gave Saltonstall a cheer when he came through, stupidly backed Echoes in the Loughbrown but got what I deserved as she was far too keen as usual whereas your sensible old boy just quietly go on with it on the ground.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.