The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 10

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Nothing Gained 10

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14942

Thanks mate. Bet him when the entries came out last month. Put him up as one of my two notebook horses when I came back after my break, and gave him a good few words for Royal Ascot. Very unlucky there, and as I said, almost certainly be following him for a good while yet. He was a standout for me in the early part of the season, and chuffed to bits that he’s backed it up.

My other one, Trustyourinstinct, has an entry in The Meld Stakes on Thursday, so I’m hoping to see him take his chance.

The July Meeting wouldn’t normally be a good meeting for me, but with two winners at 25’s, and one placed at 40’s, was looking to play on today, but I just couldn’t find a bet.

Different story tomorrow, and my old pal Brazil is out at Killarney. Still a horse that interests me this year. Thought he might be one for The Galway Hurdle, but I had to jump at the opening 16’s here. In the next race, I thought Beechwood was a decent bet at 9-2, as I have her as a promising type.

Killarney
    1850 Brazil 16’s EW
    1920 Beechwood 9-2

Participant
    • Total Posts 12740

Jesus Bobby, I just has a read through your thread, what a start to
    your season mate. Some incredible prices and plenty of them. I hope
    more of your ante posts go the same way :good:

• Total Posts 14942

Thanks Graham.

Yeah, been unreal, easily best start to a season ever. A few of those Anteposts would be nice mind, but my main worry right now is that I’ve shot my bolt way too early.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12740

Ha ha, I doubt it Bobby, this could just be the year of years.
    Best of luck :good:

• Total Posts 14942

Really happy with Beechwood the other night. She’s a nice type, and although a more modest bet at 9-2, it was a decent performance, and a winners a winner.

Looked to bet again after that, but couldn’t find a bet Tue/Wed

No such problem today, and one of my favourite Midnights, Fiveaftermidnight, is out tonight, and as usual, she’s a big price. Started chipping away at 20’s, but looking to beat that later on, and fancy I might be able to.

Biggles did me proud Saturday, and my other big hopeful, Trustyourinstinct is out in The Meld Stakes. I actually think he might find one too good here, but looking forward to him proving me wrong. Too short for me to bet though.

Fiveaftermidnight EW 6pls/20’s

Participant
    • Total Posts 12740

I was having a look through them for today Bobby and I clocked one
    I knew you’d be on, Fiveaftermidnight. He might just think he’s out
    for a stroll back over hurdles. I watched his last win, over hurdles,
    at Ballinrobe over 2m6f off of 102, quite impressive, but I was even
    more impressed with his hd 2nd over 2m4f off of 108 at Navan the time
    before. A better jump at the last and he wins that one. He’s back running
    off 108 with a claimer taking 2lbs off and I think he’s well worth a punt.
    I’ve taken the 20s, I’m not so sure he will be bigger later today, he’s
    best priced 19.5 for only 3 quid on Betfair. I’ll keep a lookout just in
    case he does drift.

Good luck with him :good:

• Total Posts 14942

Today wasn’t the day Graham, but late headway, and she’ll be backed again.

Going with Father Jed today. Bet him a few times, but it’s been a while. Not concerned at all about the dismal run last time, and looks to have been given a real chance here. Plenty of wins under his belt, and due another. The opening 22’s was well generous, and I’m fairly confident he can make the frame.

Stablemate Chief Seattle interesting at Killarney too, while JP has his second horse named Can’t Buy Time, making his debut at Killarney. Interesting recruit indeed at 5’s, and watching closely

2030 Kilbeggan – Father Jed 22’s EW 6pls

Participant
    • Total Posts 12740

Not to be Bobby, but little more than a length for 6th
    would have done me with Skybet. I don’t know why I kept
    calling her him, I’ve got a habit of that. Definitely
    one to look out for. I wonder how much the handicapper
    will knock off her for that, could be very interesting
    next time.

• Total Posts 14942

Definitely Graham.

Some nice races Saturday, a few bets in the go.

At Cartmel, The Crystal Cup is a nice race, and went with a couole. Got a good feeling about Alqamar, but although not the biggest Blackmore fan, she’s still a fairly eyecatching booking on Celestial Horizon. The opening odds were nuts, and I’m hoping to lay off before it starts for a free race.

Gustavus Weston is a fairly confident EW pick in The Scurry, while I like Goologong in The Curragh Cup. Loved the last win, and think he could be good. Can’t see him running in The Goodwood Cup now, but I’ll hopefully be able to cash out my stake or lay off my stake should he win today. Be watching the run of Point King too, with a look to the future.

Was hoping to see Cloudbreaker in a handicap next time, but give her a fighting chance at Newmarket.

In The Mettal Uk Handicap, I’ve jumped ship to Euchen Glen. His last run was dismal, but Goldie could just sneak him in the bottom of The Ebor. Equally though he could just be regressing, but at 25’s, I just had to. I’ll watch Geremia closely in running.

Mettal UK – Euchen Glen EW 5pls/25’s
    Scurry – Gustavus Weston 22EW 7pl/33’s
    Crystal Cup – Alqamar 16’s
    Crystal Cup – Celestial Horizon 18’s
    Aphrodite – Cloudbreaker 10’s
    Curragh Cup – Gooloogong 12’s

• Total Posts 14942

One bet today, and taking a chance on Chief Seattle at Limerick. He’s first reserve, and I’ve taken 25’s, but must be a chance I can beat that if he sneaks in. Very unreliable, but weighted to go well, and hopefully beat current odds

I like Islandsinthestream as a future prospect, but too short for me at Leopardstown, while another I think can progress is Juantorena at Sandown, but just the one today

1905 Limerick – Chief Seattle 25’s

Sungold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 84

You were right about Father Jed (and Big G’s comment was apposite) as he ran home on Ballinrobe on Tuesday at 20s. Hope you were on – I was otherwise engaged, so missed it.

• Total Posts 14942

I was in a real quandary putting up Chief Seattle last night. Was desperate to mention that I’d backed Father Jed the day before, but decided not to post it as anybody can do that.

I did bet him though, and it went pretty much like clockwork. No quite sure why I didn’t put it up, but I set off for work having just posted in Big Races, so was in a bit of a rush, and just went out my head.

Chief Seattle a non runner now, but he’s definitely getting bet next time.

Sungold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 84

Really bad luck on Hamish after final declarations…

• Total Posts 14942

One of these things mate, and sadly it won’t be the last lol

Few today, and mentioned in Big Rave threads, along with Empirestateofmind at Ascot

Jump Jockeys Nunthorpe – Speedacus 9’s
    International – Biggles 6’s
    Escobar 25’s
    1650 Ascot – Empirestateofmind

• Total Posts 14942

I say this every year, but what a week this is.

I’ll be very careful obviously as the week goes, though I’ll have a couple extra at Galway tomorrow, with Goodwood still a day away.

Two very different meetings obviously. Galway a minefield, but I do enjoy it. I’ll be more selective as the week goes on there.

Goodwood is different though. I love it, one of the best meetings of the year. I’ll be betting in every race as usual, though I’ll be careful with what I put up in this thread.

As mentioned, I’ll have a few extra at Galway tomorrow, but 5/6 selections is not that wise every day.

In them opener, I really like Samui long term. Think he’s the type I’ll be following for a while. However, he’s short enough tomorrow, and keep him for the future. I’ve ended up with Good Lad. He’s 100’s, which tells it’s own story, but they’re pitching him in here, and I think he’s worth taking a chance on for Hanlon/McGarvey.

I’m no stranger to a Charles Byrnes horse, and his Boom Boom Boom could improve here, if he’s slicker over his hurdles. I’m watching market with him firstly though, he’s 14’s at the moment. Watching the market with him, but swaying towards betting him.

I’m already on Baltic Bird Antepost in The Connacht Hotel Handicap, but topped up for maximum places EW. Cougar was supposed to be in running, but I seen the money starting and took 16’s. God help me if Dalton Highway sneaks in.

Biggerthanbigtime is a risky one, and I’m talking myself out of this almost with this comment, but I think he should be bigger. Taken him anyway.

It’s the opposite in the last with Topgun Simmy, and I think 20’s is too big.

These could be very risky selections, but it’s a big week, and I might as well have a bit of fun.

Edit

Cashed out Boom Boom Boom and not betting anything else. With Baltic Bird a Non Runner, decided to have a quiet day

Galway
    1840 Cougar 16’s
    2020 Topgun Simmy 20’s

• Total Posts 14942

Topgun Simmy, got me a nice profit in running, while I could’ve did the same with Cougar to a lesser extent, but missed it.

At first glance, I thought Goodwood cards looked poor, but plenty of opportunities in there, and definitely having a go every race. The only one I’m putting up though is Robbo. The rest are even riskier than him.

At Galway, really hopeful about Tosen Wish, but I’ll definitely have a backup with my old pal Saltonstall. Got two later on at Galway, but I’ll see how these go first of all.

Goodwood Maiden – Robbo EW 4pls
    Colm Quinn – Saltonstall
    Colm Quinn – Tosen Wish 40’s

• Total Posts 14942

Not to be for Tosen Wish who got just the ride you don’t want to see at Galway. Almost certain I can win from him this year, and I’d love to see him round Listowel in September

Couple at Goodwood today.

I love Big Evs already after Ascot, but around 2’s, I’ll cheer him on today without a bet. He’s got to close here.

In the opener, Clan Chieftain looks big to me at 16’s, and I’ll top up if he hits 16’s.

In The Alice Keppel, I’ve went with Looby. On bare form, 50’s looks right, but seemed to hit a brick wall at last furlong when coming with a run last time, and just maybe the drop in trip will help her chances.

A few on the go at Galway too.

I’m with Kilcruit and A Wave Of The Sea in the big one, and I’ve decided to have The Goffer in running. Won’t hit the current 14’s, but he’s already a real favourite, and can’t miss out on a return from him in something like this. Trying to set a limit off ten races this season where I have three win/ew selections before the off. Very early in the season to waste one of them, hence I’ll rely on The Goffer I/R if he’s up there.

Taken old Snugsborough Benny at 33’s in the last. Just too big an EW price that if he sneaks in. Smashing race this, and I’d Benny doesn’t get in, I’ve got Shanwalla, Moonovercloon, A Great View, and Glenquin Castle catching my eye.

I’ve thought long and hard about putting Brookie and Dark Voyager up, but at the prices, I had to. I’ll regret it afterwards no doubt, not the betting them, more the putting them up here.

Amended

Decided to lay off Clan Chieftain, and with Brookie a Non Runner. More comfortable now having three in The Plate

Alice Keppel – Looby 50’s EW 4pls
    1810 – Dark Voyager 66’s EW 6pls
    Galway Plate – A Wave Of The Sea 40’s/EW7
    Galway Plate – Fighter Allen 40’s/EW7
    Galway Plate – Kilcruit 13-2
    2020 – Snugsborough Benny – 40’s EW 6

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.