The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Long Walk Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Long Walk Hurdle 2009

Viewing 8 posts - 103 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1982

I think you guys should sort this nonsense out privately. You’re not doing yourselves any favours and I’m pretty sure I’m not alone when I say this is getting a tad tiresome.

Please, keep your childish spat off this forum and save it for your PM folder.

• Total Posts 128

Big Bucks, I am not here to start an arguement, or get involved in silly name-calling. As Ive said countless times already, the ONLY thing I did wrong was express an opinion, nothing more. Am I in the wrong place to do that?? If my opinions are met with petty and snide remarks, then of course I will stand my corner, wouldnt u??

I never said that Big Bucks would not be going over fences again, its inevitable he will. All I said was that he was given a break from fences, as he had lost a wee bit of confidence. Also, his trainer said the same thing. I said, if he were mine, I would stay hurdling, as I truly believe he can emulate the great Baracouda in the staying division. I’ll be the mature one here, and call a truce. All I wanted was a place to discuss Racing, not an avenue to argue. If I wanted that, I would go to my local pub!!!

I am truly puzzled by one thing though; You, along with others, think I am someone else?? I can assure u that I am an original, and as I said, contact details, and even MY photo is up. Dont see that on the peoples profiles, who are throwing these accusations at me, including yourself. Just a thought!! Happy New Year, Im not wasting my valuable time argueing anymore.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Probably thought you were me don’t worry about it. I was a woman last week or she was me according to someone :lol:

I think at the end of the day Paul Nichols from a business point of view will want to keep the flag flying in the Gold Cup and if his best chance is Big Bucks then the only sensible thing to do is go for it and keep the Ditchat flag up there.

The best horses winning Gold Cups and Champion Hurdles attract the best owners to your yard not winning World Hurdles and with that in mind PN won’t think twice about switching him.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Not sure that’s entirely relevant, Fist.

Nicholls is more than well enough established to not to have to worry about where the next wealthy owner is coming from. Certainly, he wouldn’t feel compelled to run Big Buck’s in a Gold Cup on the strength of maintaining dominance of the race, or if he felt it was against the horses best interest – his record already commands the respect and attention of every owner.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Henry Cecil was a King among men for 15 years and now he’s just a Prince who isn’t even heir to the throne. Probably not doing anything differently just doesn’t have the backing he once had.

In racing Grassy you are only as good as your last winner unfortunately.

If PN can’t replace the likes of Kauto, Denman and Master Minded over the next few years and some other trainer is hitting the headlines then the tide will shift and trainer X will be the one people want to put horses with.

Can’t say I’m worried about it as he’s obviously got a great team working for him and they just keep churning them out. He’ll be winning Champion Hurdle as well in the next couple of years….remember you heard it here first :wink:

• Total Posts 128

Fist is right. PN’s dominance of the National Hunt scene, coincided with the emergence of Kauto, Denman and Master Minded. The Pipe stable dominated for such a long time, but apart from David Johnson, what other notable owner is backing the Pipes? Nicholls has Clive Smith, Paul Barber, Andy Stewart, to name a few. I could be the greatest trainer on the planet…Not much point if no-one will give me a horse!!!

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Nicholls was long established as the dominant NH trainer long before Kauto Star, Denman and Master Minded arrived in his yard.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9299

Pipe dominated the sport because he was so forward thinking; owners want horses that will run a lot and win races for them…let’s do blood tests on them to see how well they are; think I’ll get Peter Scudamore to ride for me and then replace him with a certain AP McCoy. Was he also one of the first to buy more horses from France, as well? Nicholls then took it to another level and another class. The next ‘lucky’ trainer to dominate the sport is one who is now thinking outside the box in some way.

Viewing 8 posts - 103 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.