The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Long Walk Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Long Walk Hurdle 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Karabak wont be going chasing Reet so No tiddlywinks for you!

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Fist said:

"Never mind I’m as happy as a pig in sh1t. I got a very nice double on Kauto Star 2/1 and Big Bucks 3/1 as recorded on the 15th of August in the AP register. Save you getting the calculator out that’s 11/1 V 3/1 so :P to you :lol:."

Why the hell didn’t you put Binocular in there for the treble?!

Zip

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Hello Reet Hard!

Havent seen you on here since you ran off fearing a backlash from me and others after your ‘Rip Van Winkle will defintiely win the BC Classic, Zenyatta is rubbish’ comments!

Welcome back ;)

• Total Posts 128

Darren83, Karabak has ran a cracker, but the Stayers Hurdle is a done deal. Big Bucks can dominate it like Baracouda did. Theres no reason why he cant, hes so superior. Theres also no sense in sending him back over fences, as he plainly just doesn’t like them. I was all over Punchestowns last season, I’d backed him all season, and then along came a so-called chaser just looking for some confidence-boosting wins over hurdles to screw me over!! I just cant see anything getting close to him at Cheltenham.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Never been away hth, and never feared anyone – particularly those who make their own stories up. :wink:

• Total Posts 1046

Theres no reason why he cant, hes so superior. Theres also no sense in sending him back over fences, as he plainly just doesn’t like them.

Comedy Gold.

One mistake, part of which wasn’t the horse’s fault, and he "plainly doesn’t like fences".

Priceless. :lol:

On second thoughts stick around!! :mrgreen:

• Total Posts 128

Big Bucks, I love this horse, Im not criticising him?! His trainer, (who im more inclined to listen to) said he lost his confidence over fences. Add to that that hes the best staying hurdler since Baracouda, I dont see the point in him going back chasing…do u??????

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

Big Buck’s – your namesake’s jumping is not his strong point, something that is fairly widely acknowledged by most, including his trainer who, one would suspect, sees the horse school, etc, at home and has more basis for such a view than the rest of us. In light of that I think your comments directed at Aido2 are more than a little patronising and churlish.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

And no one likes an after-timer, SHL: particularly one who has tried to make capital by ‘sneering’ at a horse’s chance, and then claiming to have backed him when his prognosis goes tits-up.
    For the record, Karabak has shown much improved form today (the first time he has run fresh over something like his proper distance), and has also proven – not for the first time – that he is the better horse. If he doesn’t finish the season rated higher than Diamond Harry, then I’ll take up tiddleywinks.

WHERE IS THE SNEERING TOWARDS KARABAK (OR ANY HORSE)??….YOUR CLAIMS ARE OUTLANDISH!! ALSO, IF I AM GUILTY OF AFTERTIMING THE BACKING OF A LOSER, THAN IM GUILTY, I ALSO BACKED NOTRE PERE YESTERDAY ALSO BY THE WAY AND HAVE LOST PLENTY OF MONEY ON BOTH ANIMALS.

I GO BACK TO MY POINT THAT I FELT FIST WAS WARRENTED IN FEELING KARABAK WAS EXPOSED AND DIAMOND HARRY WASNT. THERE WAS NO SMILEYS INVOLVED REET.

SHL

• Total Posts 1046

Cormack you have your opinion and I’ll have mine.
    The point was made that Big Bucks doesn’t like fences and therefore there is no need to go chasing with him. The latter point obviously holds for this season but the former point is nothing short of laughable. He’s a chaser, he was 5 in the hennessy and ran a screamer, and he will be schooled to chase when the 2 legends he lives with decide to retire, which given who they are may be never.

I’ll criticise a point whenever I like thanks.

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

I think chasing is off the agenda for Big Bucks full stop. There is no need to go down that route yet, as you say, but then schooling a hurdler late in career is not easy (by all accounts) and the example of Iris’s Gift stands out. Granted Paul nichols is a genuinely great trainer (has he really received the credit for Denmans recovery and Kautos continued career imnprovement?) and jonjo is Jonjo, but its a hard call. Not easy to think of many who made transistion late

• Total Posts 1046

He’s currently 6 years of age.

Ardrossthegreat
    • Total Posts 303

If i owned Big Bucks id keep him hurdling……..He could in all honesty become one of the greats in the staying hurdle sphere….As has been said he is only 6 probably can still improve!!.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

If i owned Big Bucks id keep him hurdling……..He could in all honesty become one of the greats in the staying hurdle sphere….As has been said he is only 6 probably can still improve!!.

I suppose some people just consider great chasers to be more worthy than great staying hurdlers.

I wont make the mistake of backing against him in the future but I wonder if Karabak might get a little closer on genuinely good ground. Anyone know anything about his breeding??

SHL

• Total Posts 128

Big Bucks, of course u are entitled to ur opinion, however idiotic, misguided and immature they may be. Can u clarify something for me, as u conveniently choose to sidestep it earlier; Did Nicholls not say that Big Bucks had lost his confidence a bit over fences??

Also, tell me this; Are u doing the exercising, galloping and schooling at Ditcheat, or is Paul Nicholls and his wonderful team doing it??!! U appear to know more than the great man himself.

Or…are u ACTUALLY THE BIG BUCKS and this is ur way of telling us u wanna go back over fences???? It’s a shame u arent, as I genuinely believe that Big Bucks The Animal, not the Avatar, would offer far more insightful and intelligant opinions. Happy New Year!!!!!

• Total Posts 1982

I have no doubt in my mind that had we not had the pleasure of seeing the likes of Denman and, in particular, Kauto Star in recent years, Big Buck’s would have stayed over fences, even after unseating Sam Thomas in the Hennessy.

Paul Nicholls has never felt the need to return Big Buck’s to fences with the afforementioned duo still at the peak of their powers. After all, he’s not doing too badly over timber.

Connections have stated it countless times and few still don’t appear to understand just how much the horse needs Ruby on his back. He’s a quirky individual, hardly the most natural jumper in the world and Ruby is the one who makes him tick.

Paul Nicholls will hardly keep a horse he considers ‘as good as anything in the yard’ over hurdles when he has the ability to win top class races over fences.

He could well return to fences next season. It will certainly be no later than the following season. No question.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

fair along wins on the bridle beats loc derg further and easier than big bucks did and hes any price you like..
    someware someone knows something FACT

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.