The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ladbrokes Trophy 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ladbrokes Trophy 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2775

Copperhead’s form on undulating courses isn’t great so not sure why Tizzard sounds so confident about the Welsh National

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2775

Blinkers for Mister Malarkey

So, hopefully no more malarkey :wacko:

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 92

Cashed out Sam Brown in the nick of time as he’s been taken out. Pretty happy with Vinndication at this stage but its a wide open race for sure.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17300

I was really hoping Regal Encore didn’t get declared, but he has, so I’ve no option but to include him too. If Mister Malarky continues to get bet, I’ll lay off enough on him to make him just a saver.

Regal Encore’s been some horse to follow, one of those horses who’re constantly overpriced. He’s 33’s at the moment, and if I can get at least that BOG, I’ll be delighted.

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 868

Who is backing Vinndication @ 5/1????

Friendless on here from what I can tell. Favourite for a Hennessy with the left handed issues he has, no thank you.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 524

Ended up with The Conditional at 11/1 and Ardlethen at 40/1 EW.

The Conditonal finished second last year, but won the Ultima at Cheltenham two starts later. Massive improvenment since joining David Bridgeweater. 9 pounds higher then last year, but that isn’t too harsh after finishing second here and winning the Ultima.

Ardlethen mainly raced in graded race on level weights. As was his last race at Carlisle. Only a few lenghts behind Black Op, but now he will get 12 pounds. I think he can be dangerous with 10-2, at least for someone at 40/1.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 275

Same for me DBR. I just think that Ardlethen is a great ew bet at 40-1 with 6 places

I’ve added Aye Right at 10-1

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 574

I’m going to stick with my early bets in this. I always liked Secret Investor, so I can see him running very well, but I will leave him alone.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

My main selection is BEWARE THE BEAR He has very solid form at this level and was close up last year. Off the track for a while, but I saw a clip of his Newbury gallop and he was lobbing along against Santini who was stretching. Can’t draw too many conclusions admittedly, but he looked well enough.

Second choice is POTTERMAN. He has been on the go recently, not the profile I would normally look for, but is a steady improver in a race with question marks agaonst many.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 737

I can’t really see past the top two in the betting as much as I try , kildisart has the form on good ground and I believe viddication is just short of grade 1 so such be up to winning a big hcap , played both , good luck all

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Waiting till the morning with La Bague Au Roi didn’t work out as the 25’s have promptly turned to 18’s. I’ll still have a go with conditions very much on her favour.

Her and Copperhead will do me for a bit of fun.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 737

I’ve had a a small tickle on cloth cap e.w to , that Scot nat run was on decent ground and he,s no weight to carry

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

This is serious aftertiming, but I had a long range bet on Aye Right at 50-1 ew, not long after I put on that De Rasher Counter bet. I’m sorry for that one, but hopefully Bob will confirm it.

I’ve bet Cloth Cap as well today. I really liked him last season, but he let me down a little. I think that he has a lot of positives today.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3610

Backed Malarky earlier in the week then dithered about over half the field but have stuck with original selection

Black Op
    Mister Malarky

both ew

Good luck all.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Aye Right 25s 2nd will do. Wd winners.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.