The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ladbrokes Trophy 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ladbrokes Trophy 2020

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17592

Good to see a market up……

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/ladbrokes-trophy/winner

Topofthegame looks the right favourite, but I suppose he’s short enough considering his layoff.

At 25’s, and 33’s, it’s his stablemates Master Tommytucker and Real Steel who appeal more at this stage, though they’re on my shortlist for everything.

I think The Conditional is still a bit underrated, and the 20’s looks ok right now.

Finally two novices from last year, who both had their seasons ended by injury….

Dashel Drasher 33’s
    Sam Spinner 25’s

Both of these have potential if none the worse, and I particularly like Dashel.

I’d consider all those mentioned, but I’ll have a shortlist of two right now, but certainly no bet yet……

Master Tommytucker 25’s
    Dashel Drasher 33’s

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2709

Good to see the market up

Great to see this thread. Love the jumps.

• Total Posts 17592

Yeah, good to see it priced up Mark, some decent prices on offer too.

Lemons68Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 436

I’ve already mentioned Reserve Tank and Slate House on The Gold Cup thread. They both had very disappointing ends to their season, but they might have better handicap marks as a result. I think come the day, they might be contenders.

Reserve Tank isn’t even quoted, but I like the 33-1 for Slate House.

Also at 33-1, is Pym. He is another who’s season ended tamely, but I know that Nicky Henderson really likes this race, so I wonder if he might just be a contender here.

Last years winner De Rasher Counter at 33-1 is my main fancy just now. He’s down a couple of pounds already after his run in The Midlands National, which looked like being the wrong race for him anyway. I’ve decided to bet him today, as I think 33-1 is an excellent ew price.

• Total Posts 17592

Good luck with De Rasher Counter mate, that actually looks a no bad bet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.