The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King George Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3202

Love 9-4. Stuck a free bet on her. Think she will come here.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 830

I would think so. Snowfall Irish oaks bound so unless Broome heads to ascot. Hopefully a few 3 year olds in the race. The race needs a good field to regain its lustre.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3355

Weather looks like we are going to have a sunny spell up until the race

You would think its love’s to lose as its very likely she will ground

Theres nothing i can see in the betting that is likely to run that beats her if she runs to her best.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3355

All aboard the love train

Managed to get a nice double rolling on to her

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 830

Can only see her winning easily unless there is downpours. Bound to come on from ascot.

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1434

Was disappointed didn’t aim Snowfall at this. Only been three 3yo fillies attempt this since 1997 and all three won their Oaks. Eshwarah in 2005 for Michael Jarvis who didn’t feature, and the last two being Taghrooda and Enable who of course won, so not a bad little return for them lightly weighted 3yo fillies!

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 830

If the thunderstorms arrive I wonder if the lads will pull love out of the race. Snowfall would be a perfect replacement. If the rain is heavy then wonderful tonight must come into the reckoning.

TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1433

I thought Adayar would be a bigger price (he may yet be on the day). Think he’s been underrated post-Epsom because people are (with some historical justification, I admit) willing to knock that as a weak Group 1. Think this year’s running was pretty strong and was pleased to see Hurricane Lane confirm the form for all he got a good ride. Will be getting my Arc position sorted, in Adayar’s favour, prior to Saturday and fancy him to give Love a race here.

Would hope the pair could lap Snowfall who has been beating horses scarcely capable of raising a pulse in this kind of company.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3202

Don’t think Adayar has been underrated really. His current price doesn’t indicate that anyway.

And Snowfall won’t be lapped any time soon ;-)

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1420

The OR’s are fascinating in this race. The top rated is currently the outsider of the field. If the ground was any worse than G/F I’d have to back Addeybb.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 214

Love’s actually rated the same as him with her fillies allowance and there is an argument to be had that she could be rated higher but hasn’t had the chance to run against anything rated higher than Armory so far. Of course the opposite view could apply that she’s not been tested enough to justify being such a short price.

I think she’s very short and opposable at her current price but I’m not sure what with but even just laying her you’d have a shade of odds on with multiple Group 1 winners running for you.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3355

There would need to be a deluge for the rain to actually get into the ground

They have been watering and its still gd to firm ground because of the heat

Fingers crossed that’s not what they get

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3202

I thought good to firm is normal summer ground. ?

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 214

Having said I’d be keen to take Love on I was partly basing that on the assumption of some rain getting into the ground and inconveniencing her somewhat. On the assumption of good-firm ground it appears to be a hindrance to the opposition… does Adayar need a bit of give? Wonderful Tonight appears to need a lot of give and I don’t think she’ll line up. Broome isn’t good enough. Is Mishriff better over 10F? There’s a chance this small field and a probable uncontested lead could really suit Lone Eagle with Dettori on board again. Saying that his price doesn’t appeal any more than Love’s does as there is a strong possibility he was flattered by the way the race panned out at the Curragh and his form prior to that wouldn’t put him down as a contender in a King George.

In summary I think Mishriff is the wrong price but I’d be a little bit worried about him over this trip in a small field where it could get tactical. 9/1 is still pretty tempting.

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4625

@thetinman87 I bottled it on the win side with Mishriff mate. 365 doing 15/2 3 places 1/4 odds so that will do for me.

I can’t for love of me seeing 3 horses finish in front him. I thought that run in Dubai was probably his best yet over a mile and a half.

A cracking race either way. :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.