The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King George 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    JAMIEDB9007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 315

Clan Des Obeaux to pay for Christmas again…can’t see this being a big field at all and not many Irish coming over. Can see him going off around even money on the day…everyone knows it’s his gold cup, and will take something special to beat him I reckon. I normally look for a bit of value as others are at present, but simply can’t see anything good enough to beat him round Kempton at that stage of the season.

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2762

Real Steel’s recorded over fences going right handed is excellent, and he’s still only 7

Champ and Santini unlikely to run, though the latter most likely of the two.
    Most Irish stars will stay in Ireland.

25-1 each way looks like…a real steel :whistle:

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 557

It’s a very boring selection this, but I’m also with Clan Des Obeaux. 5-1 will hopefully be a massive looking price come Boxing Day

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Not boring if it’s a winner Buckers, and although I’m going down my usual outsiders route in this, I do think that 5’s for CDO looks very fair.

As much as I like the Nicholls horse, I’m now with three of his, having added Frodon. I bet him for this last year, but 19/20 Frodon was a shadow of 18/19 Frodon. He looked back to his best yesterday though, and if he’s going Gold Cup route, then why not go here.

Real Steel 40’s
    Frodon 40’s
    Master Tommytucker 66’s
    All EW

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2339

Would like to see mullins send allaho here

Think a speed 3 miles would suit him nicely

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2319

I would rather they go softly softly in Ireland then go for the big one in March.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2339

I doubt there will be any softly softly

A comeback run then straight into grade 1s youd assume

Unlike some trainers mullins will happily run his horses against each other

Would love to see him take on Min in the john Durkan for instance

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2339

Have to say I’m very tempted to back cyrname

He ran no race in this last year having not recovered from the altior clash

He didnt go a yard

This year he’s not had a tough race and will have longer to recover

Hes currently 4/1 and my finger is twitching

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 367

Nicholas has a strong hand, but I would have Cyrname as the one to beat FF personally.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2319

Cyrname won a grade 2 today with a ton in hand in the ratings. Beat CDO and/or others in grade 1 company over 3 miles next? Hmm. Think what CDO and Lostintranslation to name 2 would have done to that field today at their normal best.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

Two of my three make it, and immediately interested in the entry for the rejuvenated The Storyteller. I’ll almost certainly take that 33’s, regardless of the small chance of him travelling.

Frodon 40’s
    Real Steel 40’s
    Both EW

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

Nathan has put Monalee in the antepost comp and I’ve just copied him.
    He’s a solid horse and was a bit unlucky not to win the Savill’s last year, for which connections have Minella Indo this year. So he stays a flat 3 and is quick enough to stay in touch. Real Steel looked good in the (slowly run) Gold Cup looking like he might even win- but he didn’t, and he finished 5.5 lengths behind Monalee.

Of course a flat right handed track might improve RS a good few pounds – and he’s younger- but with both horses at 16s, I think Monalee as more proven over the trip is the better bet.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22923

Monalee will need to improve again in the big races.
    He was better last season than the year before and still lightly enough raced to do so the trouble is that it is a competitive division. They have targeted this race though for him and he should be shorter imo

Member since March 2008
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17034

I’d agree Nath, looks a big price, and interesting that they’re actively targeting it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.