The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King George 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2355

Think it says a lot about how good they think minella indo is that even at this stage they’ve committed monalee here

Very much looking forward to the savills chase market going up

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

16/1 Monalee for me too.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2330

Or they may just be splitting them up FF91 being from the same owners. Keeping Minella Indo at home makes sense, his first season out of novice company. So send Monalee to the other race.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2355

Bristol de mai has potentially done cyrname a favour today i reckon

Iv taken some 3/1

Clan des obeaux will have had a hard race

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17059

I think I can safely rule out Real Steel after today, so I’ve added The Storyteller at 33’s.

Frodon 40’s EW
    The Storyteller 33’s

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 73

Clan Des Obeaux would seem nailed on for this after today but racing is a funny old game

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

Too bad Master Tommytucker isn’t entered here. So impressive in his last races.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17059

Tell me about it DBR, bet him in the summer, and was disappointed when he didn’t get an entry.

Suppose they didn’t want to go back to Kempton, but worth noting Skybet have reintroduced him to the market.

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1115

Funny how we all see things differently…thought today was an excellent showing from CDO and pushing Bristol, who is outstanding at Haydock all the way…think he’s as close to a certainty as you can get for Boxing Day.

I honestly think he could have another two races before Boxing Day and still beat Cyrname…

Paul Nicholls might aswell supplement TommyTucker as I can see this being a 3-4 horse race at best and a breeze for Clan with 2nd place up for grabs…

Very disappointed with Lostintranslation too…is it the stable form? Thought there was light at the end of the tunnel with a few recent winners, though lots are still running really poor…or could he be another who just doesn’t recover from a big gold cup effort?

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 530

Zamorston he hated the ground , he,s ran on heavy 3 times and ran terribly …I doubt you,ll see him on that heavy a ground again

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2766

It’s Tizzard, so you never know.

Nicholls is light years ahead of some of the other trainers with horse / race management – and that includes Henderson.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2330

That depends MarkTT. When it comes to horse / race management with Cheltenham in mind, Henderson is better. He and Mullins tend to work backwards and the results are there for all to see at the Festival. Nicholls aims for Cheltenham sure, but is happier to run his horses more often and mop up more of the races along the way.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 141

Clan Des Obeaux to win this doing somersaults. Odds on on the day. Perfect prep at Haydock yesterday and can’t see anything getting close to him when Nicholls has him 100% primed and ready on the day.

FrankieMac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 157

Am I completely bonkers for thinking about 1/2 pt on La Bague au Roi? Won over 3 miles at Kempton before, beating the likes of Topofthegame and Santini. Likes a tight track.

CDO is my idea of the most likely winner but LBAR is a 66/1 poke….

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17059

I bet her very early for the 2019 Renewal Frankie, but I think she’s a shadow of her former self, and might be completely gone.

Good luck with her though, if you do side with her. It would be great to see her make a comeback.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.