The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kerry National 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Kerry National 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Finally came down to that three….

Plan of Attack 7’s
    Spyglass Hill 10’s
    Cap York 25’s

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

I’m scarily close to your shortlist Venture, had a bit of 12s on Plan of Attack (antep)so happy with that. Think its between him and Spyglass Hill for the win.

Three Musketeers as an e/w just seemed to get run off its feet in the plate so the extra distance will suit and I think it prefers a flatter track (won at aintree 2019 albeit over the smaller obstacles)

I’ve never been to Listowel but it certainly looks flatter than Galway and Kilbeggan on the telebox.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Good luck Ken, won’t be complaining if we share the winner.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 538

Listowel is dead flat. I went there about 4 years and can highly recommend it – when crowds are finally allowed back on the racecourse.

Three Musketeers did me a good turn at Aintree that day. I just worry that his form seems to have tailed off again but I agree the track should suit him. I will probably end up backing him.

It looks like there has been plenty of rain there today and it could be really soft ground by race time.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 251

I’ll go with Ravenhill here. 10-1 seems a big price to me, but that may be based on his rise in the weights, but his festival winning jockey has a very good claim to counter that.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7604

I quite fancy Robin Des Foret for this. I know that it’s been said he has a problem
    finishing off his races, that he doesn’t find much, but I didn’t see much evidence
    of that last time when he came through the line of 4 horses before the last to hit
    the front. Mortal did collar him late on, but they both left the rest behind, I just
    think he was beaten fair and square. He was giving 7lbs to Mortal but he receiving
    4lbs from him here and that’s a turnaround of 11lbs. I’d fancy him to turn the tables
    there. Similar story 2 runs back at Killarney when he was a bit skew-whiff at the last,
    lost a bit of momentum, but chased Peregrine run home. He’s 2lbs better off with that
    one. I’ve taken the 5 places E/W with William Hill (Paddy Power are 6 places but 12/1).

Robin Des Foret 14/1 E/W 5 places

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

Taken the two I’ve mentioned previously.. Spyglass Hill and Forza Milan.
    Also taken 3.20 West Cork Wildway and Ballymoney in the bumper.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

Thanks for clarifying Cork All Star, and thanks for the recommendation, its definitely on the hit list of festivals to get too.

I completely agreed that 3 muskateers is not a solid proposition but I guess that reflects the price. He almost won the time before at kilbeggan (was 1.3 on BF in the photo) and if I’m willing to forgive Spyglass Hill his run in the plate then the same has to apply here.

Plenty of good shouts on here, its a nice race to wet the appetite for the season ahead.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Cannot make my mind up here.
    Ravenhill has been prepared for this race, Cap York has a great profile. I’m waiting for a clearer weather picture.
    Same goes for the 3.20 where Streets of Doyen should go well.
    Costalotmore
    My idea of a point to pointer who can go well at the cextended distance in the bumper each way. Up against the big battalions though reflected in the price.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

I think Cap York has a great chance at the price Sam, the only slight concern I have is the ground.

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 286

Forza Milan is out

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Peregrine Run as well Ista, so the reserves….

High Sparrow
    Demi Plie

both get in.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Moyhenna e/w
    Freewheeling Dylan e/w
    Cap York e/w

Get my tentative vote.
    VTC CYs wins have been on yielding to soft(2) and good to yielding.
    FD has course and distance CY is proven
    The other choice Moyhenna is an interesting sort with heavy ground form.
    Conditions described as soft these three hopefully will go in the ground. Pace of the race will be key. It is wide open. Imagine if they are all held up!!!

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

With Forza out, i’ll leave it to Spyglass Hill. GL all.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2283

Was looking at Forza Milan myself for Nash/Mullins both who’ve had success in this before. So now I’m siding with Freewheelin Dylan if having a bet. 1/1 @ Listowel and a horse who’s won 5/15 over fences. I reckon still some improvement to come. Hopefully his last run over hurdles was just a blow out for this. Good luck all. Can’t believe it’s 18 years since my first Festival and seeing Monty’s Pass win.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.