The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joel Stakes 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Joel Stakes 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

The horse that everybody, media, punters all seem to be overlooking is Happy Power. People are making a big mistake overlooking this horse because if Benbatl ran a long way beneath his best then something else has to win and its in this scenario he becomes a huge player here.

Benbatl wont be 100% today thats a fact it dosnt matter what Saeed says race fitness is what will take him to 100%. At 90% as a triple group 1 winning international jetsetting superstar he will still beat todays field in a group 2 without a penalty. He could win by 5 lengths today but will still improve next time on whatever he does today. This is a major group 1 player this Autumn. Today is a warm up but you would be disappointed should he not handle this field today even below full pelt.

He is such an alpha and you will see that at the start pre race when you see his huge muscular frame. That feeble 3yo will not dare to pass even if he was good enough which he isnt.

THE BEAST is so big and scary that even THE LEGEND the heavyweight champion of 2020 gold cup ELEGANT ESCAPE would take a 2nd look though THE LEGEND would ultimately win in a horse fight. :yes:

This race doesnt start when the gates open it starts as they canter down to post and THE BEAST looks todays rivals in the eye. Most of this field will be psychologically damaged from this moment onwards and some will NEVER recover from it.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 875

OK Sorry Frenchy I forgot you had read Fallons book.

The horse who has gone from 8/1 2 days ago to 7/2 and falling in the market isnt fancied. My mistake.

Sorry Potato, I know your arrogance struggles with other people’s opinions but for me he was 8/1 before the decs, the race has cut up to just 6 and the previous anti post second fav is very weak in the market so Benbatl is entitled to shorten he’s a 3 times group 1 winner. In fact as you’re probably aware I tipped him at 8/1 as a saver bet earlier in the thread but you ignore that because you just like to argue.

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

Damn! Pogo is a non runner. Bounce factor?

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1651

Well done benbatl backers

Absolute procession

Great training performance from sbs

The king of comedy hype was clearly just that

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 875

This was an impressive run back after a long lay off. Interesting to see where he goes now. No harm done with the betting but can’t not be disappointed with KOC though, blew his chance right at the start.

Hoping if Benbatl does go to Ascot, he’ll run in the Champion Stakes, as I have Magna Grecia at 14s for the QEII and the favourite has just been taken out of that!

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 22069

Maybe FF91
    He’s doubled in price for both races on Champions Day
    It would depend I guess on how much work Gosden had put into prior to this, which would have been a stepping stone. I’m sure he’ll run better next time out but not a horse for me
    Well done those on Benbatal after that long lay off, a fantastic performance

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9814

:yahoo: well done Potato and Frenchy :good: :good:
    Saw The Beast in the paddock Potato and he looked amazing against KOC and also Zaaki who looked a bit dull in his coat.
    I didn’t like King Of Comedy going to post either and I wasn’t keen on his high head carriage ..so had to back Benbatl as the Saver as advised by Frenchy…
    There’s nowhere to hide in the paddock and going to post ..10 out of 10 for Benbatl on both counts…wet and very windy here today but drying out fast. Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

Absolutely sensastional from THE BEAST. I cannot name a single group 1 performer who would have been able to beat him today he was devestating.

Not even touched absolute proper performance. Legend of a horse. No doubt that this is the best horse in the world.

HE MAKES YOUR BEST HORSE LOOK LIKE CATTLE
    HE IS THE BEAST BENBATL :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1496

Great tipping potato. Always nice to read someone with such strong own opinions.

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

Thank you all far too kind. Well done to Bigg for getting on at 8 also.

What kind of racehorse is is this? Winx just brushed Benbatl aside :wacko:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6972

You were spot on Potato, he looks amazing. Yes I’m glad I jumped on the 8s, and
    I had a boost so those nice people at Paddy power gave me 17/2….it’s almost theft B-)

Smart move Frenchy taking a saver on him, and Jac also after seeing him on the day :good:

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

Very impressive today (well done backers), but there’s got to be a high risk of bouncing

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

I would say there is next to no chance of a bounce. He wasnt asked anything at all today and had a very easy race even though the field probably in the main ran to their best form.
    He probably gets worked harder in training than he got worked today.

KOC got so scared when he saw THE BEAST down at the start that he didnt even want to come out of the stalls today. KOC could have pulled out the break of his life and he still would not get close.

IF YOU THOUGHT HE WAS A GREAT AT EIGHT
    THEN WAIT TIL YOU SEE BEN AT TEN :rose:

No horse alive can stop him.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9814

Hope you had him in your Godolphin team Graham (BigG) :good: well done with the 8/1.
    Potato you put up an entertaining post, bursting over with confidence for your boy, a great feeling when it plays out like it did today. :good:

Just leaving the course now and back again tomorrow. So excited about seeing Earthlight and Mum’s Tipple and mulling over the Cambridgeshire field ..won’t sleep tonight :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 875

I think you could legitimately speculate how King Of Comedy may not handle the Rowley Mile particularly well

Good call TTM. KOC got worked up beforehand, fell out the stalls and then hated the dip.

I’m not a big KOC fan despite tipping him up as my main tip. He is without doubt a quirky horse and that whole experience today must put most people off him now surely?

He is going to the QEII as the target apparently, would be some training feat to get him to win that now, he’s not managed to train the quirkyness out of him all season really.

Well done Benbatl backers, only a saver for me, but at least no harm done. I wouldn’t go too overboard on him just yet though based on that run. It was impressive after so long off but he got a soft lead and in the end didn’t beat anything. KOC didn’t run his race, Zaaki looked gone for the season, UAE Jewell back after a long break on only his third start and Happy Power going some way to proving his level really.

I’m expecting Benbatl to go to the Champions Stakes if he goes to Ascot rather than the QEII and he’ll still have a bit to prove for me at top level in the UK but it is quite possible he won’t have that much to beat in it.

Clearly looked well though!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.