The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joel Stakes 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Joel Stakes 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1763

Does it worry backers that benbatl has never actually won over 8f?

Cant find an angle into the race myself, king of comedy is too short, zaaki is average and benbatl has a very long absence to overcome and is better over further

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

Does it worry backers that benbatl has never actually won over 8f?

This is surely a stupid question as if that were to worry somebody then surely they wouldnt be a backer of the horse?

He won by 7 lengths as a 3yo over 7f.

He beat group 1 horses for fun over 1m 1f.

He was 3rd in the craven group 3 over this CD on his 2nd racecourse start up against vastly more experienced racehorses.

BENBATL is a relentless galloper with devestating tactical speed and a vicious turn of foot. These qualities have helped him to become one of the worlds greatest racehorses.

There is no worry whatsoever about the 1m trip in my eyes or in the eyes of Saeed Bin Suroor.
    Do you think Saeed is being forced to run the horse over a mile? He could have found a 1m 2f group 2 for him to make his comeback had he felt he needed that test.

Saeed Bin suroor has won 213 group races in the UK and Ireland as well as many many more group wins all over the world.

The question is:

q)Is Saeed Bin Suroor worried that Benbatl has never won over a mile

The answer is:

a) Clearly not else he wouldnt be running his star over 1 mile.

Perhaps you feel you know better than Saeed Bin Suroor if so feel free to email him and let him know. Im almost certain he would relish your input into how he should be training amd where he has gone wrong in his career.

Worried? :wacko:

Do I come across as worried?

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

THE BEAST becomes clear 2nd fav on oddschecker as the team told you that he would.

Price is collapsing now, many bookies going 4/1 only the bravest of the brave still holding 5/1.

9/4 by race start time :yes: :yes:

THE BEAST IS COMING
    ITS TIME TO GET RUNNING :heart:

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

POGO declared non runner. Field is down to 6.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 970

Potato’s got verbal & statistical diarrhea again!

SBS today … “I think he will need this race, but I’m hoping for a good run”

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

Standard trainer to media statement on a horse having its first run back from a break.

The team would have been shocked had he said anything else.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 970

Could be, but not if he finishes 4th!

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

IF YOU SEE THE WINNER AND ITS ANNA NERIUM
    CONSULT A DOCTOR AND GET TREATMENT FOR YOUR DELERIUM

UAE JEWEL THE UNBEATEN HORSE
    I KNOW A BEAST WHO WILL SHOW YOU THE FORCE

ZAAKI IS TRAINED BY A MASTER IN SIR MICHAEL STOUTE
    BUT THIS ISNT WINNING THERE ISNT A DOUBT

KING OF COMEDY TO WIN THAT MUST BE A JOKE
    IF YOU BACK THIS HORSE YOU END UP BROKE

HAPPY POWER IS THE WORLDS ONLY HOPE
    BUT THE BEAST WILL MAKE EVEN THIS HORSE LOOK LIKE A DOPE

LOOK AT HIM GO WHAT A SITE TO BEHOLD
    ITS BENBATL THE BEAST
    AND HIS MEDAL IS GOLD

YOU CANNOT TAKE ON THE BEAST AND SURIVIVE
    ONE STARE FROM THE ALPHA HORSE AND YOUR FORM FIGURES DIVE

AN EQUINE MACHINE A GROUP 1 KING
    THATS WHY BENBATL THE BEAST IS THE HORSE WITH THE STING

:yes: :yes: :yes: :heart:

FIRST WE GET THE GROUP TWO
    THEN WE WIN A GROUP ONE FOR FUN :heart:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1763

Both paul Kealy and tom Segal have put up benbatl in the post today

So he could get considerable support from their followers

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

After yesterdays huge wave of support from 13/2 into 4/1 another huge wave is happening now. All of them are cutting into 7/2 as we speak. Should carry on for a bit and continue to drop.

I think when the oncourse punters see the physical brilliance of this horse stood next to the gangly king of comedy they will be in no doubt as to what they are about to witness and will bet accordingly. Could actually go off even shorter than 9/4 though KOC will always have fans so probably wont challenge for favouritism but just might do.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9930

Godolphin horses do really well at Newmarket and being an ardent follower of the boys in blue would love to see Benbatl to win this however SBS has stated that he thinks he might need the race, will know more when I see him in the paddock today but he to me is a horse who has run his best races in his later years away from our shores.

Truly can’t see past King Of Comedy in this however I do think that Zaaki could step up and take it. I have taken on John Gosden so many times and he always plays his trump cards at this meeting, so I’m ready to be thrashed again as this a race that Michael Stoute likes to win and Zaaki gave such a thrilling account of himself against ill fated Beat The Bank he is not short of courage.
    So….. being a glutton for punishment it’s Zaaki to win and a reverse forecast with KOC. :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 970

Zaaki is very weak in the market, so not that surprised Benbatl is shortening. That said if he comes in anymore from 7/2 then I’d get very interested.

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

I think you will find Zaakis weakness is due to Benbatls strength in the market not the other way round.

you are very lucky to be witnessing THE BEAST in the flesh today Tryptych. What a sight to behold.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 970

Don’t think so, Zaaki is longer than UAE Jewell on Betfair as well now. He’s very weak in the market.

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

OK Sorry Frenchy I forgot you had read Fallons book.

The horse who has gone from 8/1 2 days ago to 7/2 and falling in the market isnt fancied. My mistake.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.