The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ITV Racing

Home Forums Horse Racing ITV Racing

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 2,296 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7470

I never thought “I’ll hand over to Matt Chapman” would be words I’d welcome, but when it’s Francesca Cumani I’d happily see her hand over to a chain saw. Her preparation is poor and her pieces to camera are laboured.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Camera work terrible
    back to Racing Uk for me

Blackbeard to conquer the World

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

That is the worst coverage I have ever seen of a horse race

Absolutely ridiculous

I forgot to change back to sky racing after the kempton race

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Strange. Even Hoiles was baffled, calling the line at least a couple of times.

BUY THE SUN

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

What absolutely ABYSMAL camerawork on the 2.00 at Doncaster on @itvracing – change is clearly not always progress. #ITVRacing

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 205

Astoundingly useless. Surely to goodness they won’t try that combination of lingering tracking shot and extreme close-up for the Lincoln? Or will they?

Participant
    • Total Posts 7470

Indeed Ian! I believe Richard Hoiles is commentating from the studio at Ascot and he was seriously dropped in the brown stuff there. He did well to call the places under the circumstances.

runandskip84
    Participant
    • Total Posts 200

Nothing they could do as they are taking SSR pictures.
    It’s as if ITV racing has had their budget cut.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Yes apparently they had technical difficulties with the feed

So not much could be done

Participant
    • Total Posts 2976

Maybe they can’t do anything about the technical issues but they can certainly ditch Cumani who seems to be getting worse.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

She sure is.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 2976

Ha ha TTC – nice!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

:whistle: :whistle: :yes: :yes:

BUY THE SUN

Crezzy95
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11

Switched to Sky Racing fairly quickly yesterday. Zumani is so annoying.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

I was mainly watching racing from Dubai yesterday on the Dubai Racing Channel which I somehow manage to stream and it was superb and why? Because the presenters just commentate throughout off screen and leave the viewer to enjoy seeing the horses in the paddock, going to post and afterward being walked back to the winners enclosure.

Interviews are conducted after the prizegiving which are short yet informative.

There is banter with presenters but nothing distracts from the stars of the show The Horses.

So much posing and posturing amongst ITV presenters and the Social Stable, although sometimes amusing, must be axed along with half the presenters.

For the flat seasons I would like to see Ed Chamberlin as Anchor with Jason Weaver, Kevin Blake keeping us updated with the Irish challengers and Matt Chappers out and about.

Ideally put them all into the top right hand corner of the tv screen with a red button option for those new to racing where they can access information about reading form, betting and paddock watching etc.

With the money saved lets see more investment in the quality of the camera work during races and not on fancy outfits for the likes of Miss Cumani Co and ex champion jockeys popping in totally unprepared for a freeby at the big meetings such as the Grand National.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2976

Sounds like a good line-up for the flat Jac. Agree with all you say apart from the Social Stable. Not for me (though it does have its moments) but it got over 87 million engagements during Cheltenham and that has to be a good thing for the future of racing. So long as it is sensitively timed so it doesn’t distract (fine at the start and short updates whenever there is a lengthy break between races) I wouldn’t scrap it. I’d certainly rather that than those awful fashion “experts”, though I suppose they will be rearing their inappropriately unattractive (and intensely irritating) heads at some point during the summer (even if there are no crowds to look at)!

wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

Cumani sounds like she’s going through the motions…..but very badly.
    If you didnt know she had a strong connection with the sport you’d never guess. Sounds utterly disinterested and opinionless and nowehere near the required standard to anchor the show on what should be presented as a big day.
    Anyone else in the team picked at random could do it better.

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 2,296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.