The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Is Willie Mullins’ domination boring?

Home Forums Horse Racing Is Willie Mullins’ domination boring?

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9140

I just hope he doesn’t pull some of his many horses out of the National at the last minute, though…

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7347

With the withdrawals Mullins now saddles a quarter of the Grand National field. It’s a bit unlike him to run more than 4 or 5 so either he thinks that with the reduced field, blockers are the way to go; or Patrick has persuaded him to have a really good swing at the trainers’ championship.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7347

Is Willie going down the road to Bellewstown himself on Wednesday, or is he going to really get into the spirit of things and have a secenic tour of Perth or Uttoxeter? Maybe he could come over for Ffos Las on Monday, take Jackie for a nice romantic dinner in a Welsh castle on Tuesday and work across to Ludlow on Wednesday for his 4 potential runners there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3824

He really needs the Butty Bach Novices’ Hurdle for his CV.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7347

I used to drink that when I lived in the Welsh borders. Lovely stuff.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3824

Just had a look at the brewery’s HP. It made me really thirsty…..
    You might have recommended me something I’d like to buy in the next 1-2 days.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8216

I believe Wye Valley brewery are sponsoring the whole card at Ludlow next week.

Butty Bach used to be served in Hereford racecourse but it is a long time since I visited. It was available in the Sandford Park Alehouse in Cheltenham yesterday but I opted for the Adnams Bitter instead.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9140

I’m feeling a bit uneasy about Willie Mullins sending horses over for some of the end of season races that they weren’t initially meant to run in. Didn’t Azertiup pick up an injury when PN ran him in a race when he was trying to win the trainers championship one year? ( it’s me being a pessimist as usual).

Astralcharmer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

The race to win the trainers title between Pipe & Nicholls was a very unedifying sight and led I believe to the trainers title being decided by prize money.

Not sure Mullins winning the trainers titles in both the UK & Ireland is a good advert for the sport at all.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9140

I’m sure that, years ago Willie Mullins rarely sent horses over here away from the Festival which is why Paul Townend used to come over and ride Rebecca Curtis’s horses. Although he did plunder races like the Ebor occasionally ( I backed Sesenta one year).

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7347

“I’m feeling a bit uneasy about Willie Mullins sending horses over for some of the end of season races that they weren’t initially meant to run in. ”

Sure they’d all be running at Punchestown if they weren’t running here. Plenty of horses all year run in plan B races when plan A was ditched due to meeting abandonments, foot bruises, lorry breakdowns and whatnot. Most run to the level they would have run to in plan A, some win unexpectedly, some bomb out and some get injured, but it wasn’t due to Fate getting snitty that the plan was changed.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7325

Mullins delivering again ;o)

Participant
    • Total Posts 3824

Great stuff from Mullins. If horses are fit and ready they should run. His domination is not boring, it’s well deserved.

Astralcharmer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

Let’s hope he turns his attention to the flat as he has completely dominated NH both sides of the Irish Sea. Little else to achieve.

What’s the odds of him having his first Derby winner by 2030?

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5757

Wonder if Mullins is going out to the Club De Mar to celebrate , he must love Ayr now , bet he’s back next year , unbelievable day and as I said in a previous thread an unbelievable achievement ….. total disaster for British racing

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7347

“bet he’s back next year”

He won over £200k today with “spare” horses. He’s a good businessman as all the trainers who can stay in the game and flourish have to be. I would think this meeting will written on the calendar in pen for next year. The only thing that might stop him coming in such force is quick ground.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5757

Over to Cairnryan , 1 hour up the the road …. He’ll be back allright

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 324 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.