The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish Champion Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Irish Champion Stakes 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

He’d make a lovely hurdler :lol:

• Total Posts 1415

Incredible. Greatest horse I’ve ever seen. In that sort of form he’s unbeatable.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I am still recovering from the shock. Have never seen a horse treat Group One horse so contemptously. Awesome . Simply awesome

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Stunning display.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Coolmore sent five against him too run his legs off, it was like watching one of those old samuri films when one man hacks the crap out of a large group of men.

He slammed them good and proper. I doubt Rachel Alexandra wiuld have beaten him today, he is the best three yearold in this hemisphere period and must rank among one of the best i have ever seen in my life.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I never thought I would see a horse like Secretariate but if this fellow keeps progressing like he is it could come to pass.Secretariat’s win in the Belmont remains the gold standard.Big Red they called him. What do we call this fellow? No drugs, no steroids, just pure horse. Wonderful.I wonder what was the time of today’s race?

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Might as well run him at Newmarket also, even if they have the Arc or BC in mind, even if there is not much space timewise cant see him being beat, I heard they chancged the going to Yielding to Soft during the day, although RP dont say so, so if that was true he ran on ground not suitable and still crushed two horses that are genuine class G1 horses.

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

Can the next poster that uses the word "machine" saw his own head off please?

A beautiful performance from a perfect racehorse. Best since Dancing brave without a doubt IMO

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Secretariat’s Belmont Stakes was a race in a million, andyod, so I don’t know that we’ll ever see anything like it again – it shouldn’t be forgotten that Secretariat’s heart was, entirely naturally, twice the size it should have been – but Sea The Stars is still the best racehorse I have seen in my (albeit relatively short) lifetime and has to rank amongst the greatest of the last 20-30 years.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Will Godolfin make another offer now? And they think that Delegator is a "proper horse and a standard bearer" Come on Frankie! Hard to believe that they could afford to buy half of the Australian bloodstock industry and cannot buy this fellow.I am waiting for the gavel to fall

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I have seen other great horses treat group one horses with utter contempt: i.e. the usual suspects, Sea Bird II, Nijinsky and Mill Reef, but not one of those giants of the turf was imbued with the wonderful temperament that nature has given Sea The Stars.

He’s a wondeful racehorse and maybe, just maybe, the non – believers ( are you there, Fist ? :lol: ) will now give him the respect he’s due.

My own wish is that connections now by-pass the Arc and head to the Breeder’s Cup Classic. I think he’d certainly give America’s finest more than something to think about.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

dostoy
    • Total Posts 23

First of all Sea the Stars is a great horse.

I just cannot understand the tactics from the AOB horses AGAIN.

What is the point of having 2 horses running as if its a five furlong race ?

The main thing hard to understand though is why make Mastercraftsman, who is a miler, run quite close to a scorching pace and settle Fame and Glory, who is a mile and a half horse, behind Sea the Stars and try and do him for pace.

I would have thought it would have been better to put Fame and Glory where Mastercraftsman was in the race and vice versa.

I want to say again Sea the Stars is a great horse and maybe it would have not made a difference to the result at the end but it would surely have helped both of the main AOB horses.

Mastercraftsman will not run over a ten furlongs again as he does not stay and needs a break now anyway.

Fame and Glory must have a great chance in the arc now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Oh I think I can smell sour grapes if that wasn’t a true run race I’m a Dutchman :shock: But I agree on Mastercraftsman and that’s the most likely excuse for not sending him abroad.

Yes I am here "H" Helluva performace and if anything he’s improving. I was impressed but I did say Fame and Glory would fine nothing and he found even less than that.

I’m afraid it’s a 2 man show and if anyone thinks Fame and Glory will win the Arc I think they should see a shrink as quickly as possible.

It is little wondser AOB says Rip Van Winkle is his best horse….for all his troubles he is the only one who has really gave Sea the Stars a real race and he’s the only 3 year old colt who might get near him but only if it was over 1 mile.

The way Sea the Stars picked up today was the first time I have seen him really stretch and the ground hasn’t bothered him one bit……Surely even if the ground is Good/soft he must run him in the Arc? In kow I’ve said Oxx won’t run him over 1m4f but he looked so superior to anything else around Europe why take the chance of meeting with that beast of a filly Zenyatta.

Sea the Stars travels wonderfully well but let’s face it he’s not the type to run right away from a field and he would have to do just that I reckon……..he beats what’s in front of him….the rate that Zenyatta finishes at there’s no answer to.

Sea the Stars would really have to go for home a long way out…..he couldn’t sit and wait like he did today, as that would give Zenyatta time to catch up and that’s where Sea the Stars could be in trouble….of course Oxx and MK will know that and realise they will have to change tactics.

I see the Arc as the simplest solution. With Stacelita sure to give him and the likes of Conduit and fam and glory a tow into the straight it would be right up his street,

If he doesn’t run SMS will be smiling from ear to ear as he has nothing to fear from F + G.

Very well done STS ad the word Great is almost coming off my tongue………go win the Arc you big brute :lol:

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Obviously Fist has been hit with amnesia again , Fame and Glory beat by 2.5l, Conduit beaten by 5 length.

Conduit has something to find with Fame And Glory on form.

• Total Posts 2184

With the race a little over fifteen minutes away,

I can’t help feeling this could be something of anti-climax

Whether it’s because we only saw Sea The Stars a mere eighteen days ago, I don’t know, but it wouldn’t surprise me if either of the Ballydoyle duo take their revenge today.

Some anti-climax Bos! :D

I’m glad I got the chance to witness the great horse in the flesh today. Delighted for John Oxx and Mick as well. Oxx got a bit of stick for not running him at the Curragh but he is open and honest with the punters and deserves every success he gets. He told everyone at York that he’d left plenty to work on for today and boy did the horse show it.

Mick could have easily packed it in at the end of last year and spent his days walking around Punchestown but he knew that in Sea The Stars and Arazan he had two 3yos to look forward to riding. He hasn’t put a foot wrong on this horse all year and it just goes to show that you can’t beat the bit of experience!

• Total Posts 99

First of all Sea the Stars is a great horse.

I just cannot understand the tactics from the AOB horses AGAIN.

What is the point of having 2 horses running as if its a five furlong race ?

The main thing hard to understand though is why make Mastercraftsman, who is a miler, run quite close to a scorching pace and settle Fame and Glory, who is a mile and a half horse, behind Sea the Stars and try and do him for pace.

I would have thought it would have been better to put Fame and Glory where Mastercraftsman was in the race and vice versa.

I want to say again Sea the Stars is a great horse and maybe it would have not made a difference to the result at the end but it would surely have helped both of the main AOB horses.

Mastercraftsman will not run over a ten furlongs again as he does not stay and needs a break now anyway.

Fame and Glory must have a great chance in the arc now.

Don’t want to take way from a BRILLIANT performance but he got 1st run and was well beaten.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Obviously Fist has been hit with amnesia again , Fame and Glory beat by 2.5l, Conduit beaten by 5 length.

Conduit has something to find with Fame And Glory on form.

Someone should smack you on top of the head with a baseball bat and knock some sense into you :lol:

Take your form book open the wondow and toss it out mate. It means nothing if you can’t read a race or see what’s in front of your own eyes.

Fame and Glory is about as one paced as they come. I doubt if there’s a horse that travels better than he does but like in the Derby Trial the Derby and today ziltch in a finish.

Comapring him and Conduit using 5 lengths and 2 1/2 lengths is about as basic as it gets. Use that method of thought with no allownaces and 2 + 2 make 5 mate

First of in todays race Mick Kinane always had the race under control and could have won as far as he liked. He beat what was in front of him and if there had been aother horse in front of F +G such was his superiority he would have beat that too.

In the Eclipse Sea the Stars quickened 2 1/2 furlongs out and was flat to the boards chased by OAB’s (best horse) RVW….Conduit a St Leger winner did well to get within a couple of lengths of them before ading.

SMS has already said he was well below his best in the Eclipse and still wasn’t 100% in the King George whereas AOB said F and G was spot on.

Add all that together and it doesn’t take a genius to work out thet over 1m4f Conduit will be a whole different ball game come the Arc.

Howver if you want to stick to your 5 length 2 1/2 length theory be my guest but if you go to France make sure you buy a return ticket or you’ll be walking home :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.