The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish Champion Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Irish Champion Stakes 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

my points system

144 fame and glory
    143 sea the stars
    138 mastercraftsman
    131 casual conquest
    125 rockhampton
    122 grand ducal
    121 set sail
    115 lord admiral
    112 loch long

will back fame and glory

• Total Posts 1537

I sill can’t see why MCM is 7/1. Not unless the bookies know that a couple of donkeys will be pulled out for there to be 2 places e/w ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Graeme, I completely agree with you. I’ve lumped on him each-way, 3 place terms at 7s, guaranteed winner one way or another, surely bet of the year.

Avatar photoPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 553

Agree.

9/1 on Betfair and Betdaq if you fancy he may sneak the race.

• Total Posts 1982

With the race a little over fifteen minutes away, I can’t help feeling this could be something of anti-climax.
    Whether it’s because we only saw Sea The Stars a mere eighteen days ago, I don’t know, but it wouldn’t surprise me if either of the Ballydoyle duo take their revenge today.

Sea The Stars, an outstanding athlete and one of the best I’ve seen, didn’t win with the authority many believed (or wanted to believe) last time at York and this whole ‘will he run, won’t he’ saga doesn’t fill me with confidence.

A silly question given what’s at stake, but does John Oxx feel pressured to run the horse in his native country?

He’ll handle the ground and he’s got the right attitude to handle a fairly quick return to the track, but he’s been well campaigned and experienced tough races at both Epsom and York.

Fame And Glory is no plodder, will love the conditions and the race will be run to suit this time (unlike at Epsom).

Mastercraftsman is a silly price. He won’t mind the ground and is tough enough to run another big race. Underrated by many because he’s not the most flamboyant type.

Everything tells me that STS will find this very tough, but he’s no ordinary horse…

Not long to go.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Just noticed how warm STS has got between his legs. Never seen that before…

• Total Posts 1982

Well, what can you can…

Speechless…

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Could have won how how wanted. True champion.

Will the last doubter turn the light off…..

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

A machine.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Stunning. MCM a bit unlucky up on the rail but even allowing him another 1 1/2 lengths STS has improved about 3L since the Juddmonte.

Just a total machine.

• Total Posts 1982

Surely they must seriously consider the Arc now.

I made a statement a few months back that STS will never again beat Fame And Glory over twelve furlongs.

Mmm…not so sure after that.

Wherever he goes, I think we have seen an Arc winner in the Irish Champion.

BoroLewis
    • Total Posts 5

HaHa all you doubters can now shut up and admit this is one of the best horses ever see.

• Total Posts 1537

That’s the reason i said on a previous page that i scrunched my bet up and binned it because STS wouldn’t be beaten. Absolutely cruised up delightfully and tanked them.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2041

magnificent; Aidan O’Brien really out it up to him in a true run race, MCM and F&G got first run on him. One of the greatest ever, no doubts

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Mr Oxx, Mr Oxx, are you there? Please run him in the Abbaye.

• Total Posts 263

I really hope he gets to take his chance in the Breeders Cup Classic. On the synthetic surface he’d have an outstanding chance. There’s nothing in America being aimed at the Classic that See The Stars couldn’t beat imo.
    Even if Rachel Alexandra was turning up I’d still fancy his chances to beat her.

I guess his participation at the Breeders Cup is down to how he performs in the Arc, which he’ll probably run in as long as the ground isn’t too soft.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Stunning – the boy’s an absolute beast.

I will freely admit that I have a substantial interest in Stacelita for the Arc, but I certainly won’t mind backing a loser if Sea The Stars is in attendance – it’s his to lose now, surely?

Magical stuff.

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.