The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish Champion Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Irish Champion Stakes 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

FIST you are MCM"s 2nd biggest fan, grab the 9/1 on Betfair and stop worrying about the rest of the field,they wont get passed him and Heff on ground that has any juice in it! I am dissapointed i should have to tell you!
    Dont go sticking it on your page with 10,000000000000000000000000 points on either!!

Chris B
    • Total Posts 145

STS drifted to 15/2 before the declarations as it was thought that he wouldn’t run due to the ground, I pondered with the idea of whacking some money on those odds. I now see he is 4/5 favourite. Would 15/2 have been a non-runner money back bet with most bookies in this instance?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

STS drifted to 15/2 before the declarations as it was thought that he wouldn’t run due to the ground, I pondered with the idea of whacking some money on those odds. I now see he is 4/5 favourite. Would 15/2 have been a non-runner money back bet with most bookies in this instance?

LOST money Chris! He was available at 14 earlier in the week!

Chris B
    • Total Posts 145

LOST money Chris! He was available at 14 earlier in the week!

:(

I should have checked more weather sites!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

FIST,

I agree with you that Casual Conquest has been underestimated by alot of people. He wasn’t 100% fit 2 starts ago, and probably not last time out either.

However, I think you are wrong in your assessment of this horse. You mention the "toe" he has. I think that’s his weakness, he doesn’t have a turn of foot.

What this horse does have however is a high cruising speed. The Ballydoyle pacemakers are sure to go a furious gallop which will not only suit Fame And Glory, but Casual Conquest too. That’s what this horse needs in my opinion. He is overpriced at 14/1 imo.

Hope Sea The Stars runs, but I have a bad feeling in my gut that he will get beaten. Hopefully it’s just a feeling.

Think you got me wrong.what I am saying is he couldd have a but too much toe for Fame and Glory in the closing stages…….Fame and Glory was found wanting when running on at one pace on the Derby and that worries me about him…..he looked to have plenty at the Curragh but against what?

• Total Posts 1537

O’Brien holds all the aces here. F&G is fresh, and if STS is declared he could run MCM aswell which is a problem for Oxx. I’ve had to re-asses my ante post bet and have a bash at another couple of runners just incase. The politics involved in this races are a frickin headache. I’m thinking that MCM will want to hit from the front and F&G would want to arrive from behind STS. Don’t even ask me for a weather forcast

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

FIST you are MCM"s 2nd biggest fan, grab the 9/1 on Betfair and stop worrying about the rest of the field,they wont get passed him and Heff on ground that has any juice in it! I am dissapointed i should have to tell you!
    Dont go sticking it on your page with 10,000000000000000000000000 points on either!!

I thought he wasn’t running Gordon some eejit on here said so :cry: ..haven’t had a bet yet but this news puts a totally different reflection on things

Good ground would be perfect for MCM in my opinion too much juice and he might not stay.

I think he cut his own throat at York….they did break the track record but so did some other moderate horse in the first that day, but they were definitely trppong……He had sod all left in the tank over the last half furlong which gave Sea the Stars the upperhand easier than I thought it would.

Given a little bit steadier ride just to keep a bit in reserve would be his best bet but the CC will bustle him ip from about 3 out and he could burn himself out again…….. FG who if held up might not get there……I think it will be a reapeat of York but closer so I am not having a bet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"Fist wrote: I am not having a bet.

Treason! Take him down m"lud! I Dont believe the Fist is not supporting "our" Horse!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

In my defense m’lord

Straight from the course Oxx says Sea the Stars runs.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Racing Post just said a decision may be made earlier than mid day tomorrow.I of course corrected them :lol:

• Total Posts 1537

If STS runs i think he will win. If Oxx has said he will run, i imagine he means it will run if the ground stays the same as it is just now. I think the manouvre space will suit STS and my bet slip will be getting scrumpled up and kicked in the bin if he runs.

Hawk Wing
    • Total Posts 141

Sea the Stars ‘likely to run’ in the Tattersalls Millions Irish Champion Stakes – John Oxx. Having walked the course at Leopardstown this evening, trainer John Oxx declared that he was happy with the condition of the track and that Sea the Stars is a… ‘likely runner’ in the Tattersalls Millions Irish Champion Stakes tomorrow unless there is unexpected rainfall which might change the ground conditions.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Heading up tomorrow to see the champ :D , it will be some shame if he gets beaten.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Tom Boyle just removed his original article when I questioned what he was saying about a decision tomorrow and never even said thank you :lol:

Fantastic race in prospect and I just couldn’t have a bet in it. Sea the Stars may be feeling the effects of what has been a tough season. I thought he showed just a glimpse of that at York when he looked beatable for the first time…….could be wrong of course.

Fame and Glory gives me the impression he has one burst and then nothing……can’t foget the tail swishing when he got a smack pre-Derby and may not be up for a tough fight.

Mastercraftsman should do better than he did at York if they keep a bit in reserve but Mick Kinane has mega experience and knows the way to beat him is to swoop late and not get into a fight with him. I do think JM is on the wrong horse at this trip though.

Casual Conquest on good to yielding? be amzed if he won and it would be devastaing to the reps of every 3 year old of he could beat 3 of the 4 highest rated horses in the world…according to the Racing Post who might be a bit biased :lol:

Grand Ducal good winner of a Group 3 last time out….what a strange race to run him in…….unless they thought 123 for Ballydoyle if Sea the Stars missed the race. Must be pretty useful of that’s what they were thinking……note books?

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I think I’ve worked out Fist’s system- he falls in love with horses beginning with the letter C: Conduit, Canford Cliffs, now Casual Conquest. That’s the only logic I can find for discussing him as a serious danger in this race. I really hope STS can complete a nap hand but wouldn’t be a backer at odds-on now on ground that must have a fair bit of dig in it. Having bravely taken the 3/1+ I’m hedging a bit back at a shade of odds-on and looking forward to being there to hopefully see history made- a great race in prospect.

Hawk Wing
    • Total Posts 141

Heading up from Clare in the morning to see the champ, hope he does it

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

There’ll be some crowd up there tomorrow. Seems to be a fair contingent from here going too. Could possibly be the race of the season so far.

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.