The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

How many 2007 Chelt Festival winners did we see today

Home Forums Horse Racing How many 2007 Chelt Festival winners did we see today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Denman<br>Aran Concerto<br>Kauto Star<br>Well Chief<br>Beef Or Salmon<br>Crocodile Rock

What do you think?

Denman, Aran Concerto, Kauto Star & Well Chief for me..

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Denman – NO<br>Aran Concerto – Maybe<br>Kauto Star – NO<br>Well Chief – YES<br>Beef Or Salmon – NO<br>Crocodile Rock – Who? ;)

That’s my opinion

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

Crocodiles Rock won the bumper at Newbury today. Unlikely to win in March but neither is BoS so thought I’d mention it anyway:biggrin:

I don’t have an opinion on the Foxhunters at this stage but I suppose I should have mentioned Whyso Mayo as well. 

(Edited by PAULCS at 11:28 pm on Feb. 10, 2007)

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Had to be impressed with Denman today. However if i remember last time it won at 1/12f by about 20 lengths in february only to be turned over. It will take a good one though to beat it considering how well it jumped. I’m not even convinced my selection, Ungaro, will even run in the race!:(

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Well Chief

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Denman looked impressive and the time compares well with Kauto Star, though the Aon wasn’t as truly run as Denman’s contest. Was Denman’s superioroty also stretched by the possibility that the runner-up didn’t get home? It was his first attempt at the trip, he’s not guaranteed to stay it judged on the dam’s side and he emptied awfully quickly.

Apart from that Denman jumped really well and fully deserves his status at 7/4 fav for the SunAlliance.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Denman was impressive but faster ground at the Festival found him out last year and may do so again.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Denman – Nope<br>Aran Concerto – Nope<br>Kauto Star – Possibly<br>Well Chief – Likely<br>Beef Or Salmon – Nope<br>Crocodile Rock – Nope

CHETNOLE
    • Total Posts 87

Denman – Maybe<br>Aran Concerto – Yes<br>Kauto Star – Maybe<br>Well Chief – Definitely<br>Beef Or Salmon – You’ve got to be kidding<br>Crocodile Rock – Who Knows

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

Denman – No, will be outpaced after the last fence<br>Aran Concerto – No, sweet wake!!!!<br>Kauto Star – No, will fall<br>Well Chief – Yes<br>Beef Or Salmon – No<br>Crocodile Rock – No<br>Fair along – Yes – with ease<br>inglis drever – Yes<br>detroit city – Yes

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I don’t really care how many Cheltenham winners we saw this saturday, we’d be pushed to have a better days racing than that. A brilliant day, and a fabulous advert for National Hunt. THAT’S what it’s all about!

Nor1
    • Total Posts 384

Second that, Burroughhill.<br>With regard to a Chelt. winner: Denman and Well Chief looked impressive in the paddock and on the track.<br>Kauto Star looked edgy in both but perhaps needed the run. I wouldn’t rate Beef or Salmon away from home.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

The comparisons with Sweet Wake and Aran Concerto are pretty weak and pretty poor effort to be honest. Aran Concerto is now a two time Grade 1 winner without coming off the bridle..Sweet Wake has won a maiden and a small conditions race.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

Yes it was a fantastic day’s racing – in fact I’d go as far as saying that it was the best non-Festival day I’ve seen in my lifetime – though I was only born in 86:biggrin:

Will never happen but imagine the roar if Beef Or Salmon were to do the unthinkable in the Gold Cup!

(Edited by PAULCS at 9:31 pm on Feb. 11, 2007)

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

BOS winning the Gold Cup would indeed be worth seeing!

Surely that would be the most popular result of the week – unless anybody can think of a better one?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.