The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gold Cup 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Gold Cup 2021

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2319

I think the race is alrite, if it were up to me I would just move it earlier in the calendar, to a week before the Paddy Power Gold Cup. That gives the horses more recovery time for the King George if they want to attempt the treble as it can get exhausting on the ground.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

Agreed Mike, and not just for the sake of the winner. Remember Tea for Two staggering over the last couple of fences the year BDM won by a record margin on heavy? He probably still wouldn’t have beaten Might Bite in the KG but it may have made for a closer more exciting finish.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2319

Santini is going Betfair Chase (at the moment), Cotswold Chase, and Gold Cup.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6023

Intresting Mullins said MELON likely target here in 2021 be Gold cup even though owner got dual winner as owner showed in supreme no issue in running 2 of his horses in same race.Horse only comes alive during the festival

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22922

I’d have Melon in the Champion Chase if he were mine

Member since March 2008
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2339

The first contender comes out today

Though minella indo is notoriously hard to get fit so no surprise if he gets beat as he will probably be as fat as a butchers dog

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2319

Nathan he aint quick enough for 2 miles no more.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22922

If they a hard pace Cheltenham festival gallop it would suit him no problem imo although connections seem to prefer further at the moment it could all change between now and March

Member since March 2008
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1210

I’m not a fan of Santini’s intended prep for this. Cotswold Chase, on usual heavy ground, usually destroys Cheltenham prospects. Got very lucky with the weather last year. Boring, but I can’t look beyond Al Boum Photo at present.

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1318

Topofthegame out for the season, according to the Post.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 69

Willie Mullins mentions in his ‘Five to Follow’ Sporting Life interview that Carefully Selected could be an outsider for this and encourages nibbles at the early prices. Seems quite a bold comment by his standards. The horse would have to improve considerably from his Novice Chase effort last year but Native River is an obvious example of a horse than was beaten in that race but went on to win the big one.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

I would have to see some evidence that he can jump a fence.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.