The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gold Cup 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Gold Cup 2021

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17592

I usually have far too many in mind for this at this early stage, but only a few on my mind just now…..

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/cheltenham-gold-cup/winner

Dual Winner, Al Boum Photo is the obvious one, while Champ looks a real live one at 12’s. He divides opinion, but I like him.

Presenting Percy could be a different proposition under the guidance of Gordon Elliot, while I haven’t completely given up on Delta Work.

Santini is another obvious one, but he’s priced accordingly.

It wouldn’t be a Gold Cup post without mentioning a couple of loud ones…..

With Un De Sceaux retired, I wonder if the owners will go for broke this year with Bachasson, and he’s good at his best, as when last seen, though more realistically, he’ll be Ten, which isn’t ideal. I also think that Master Tommytucker could progress this year……….he just has to jump. I think he’s certainly more realistic than Bachasson, but he’s not even quoted. I like Tommy for Kempton, and the other I fancy for The King George, Real Steel, is also on the radar.

There are two horses though, who I think are crazy prices, namely Lostintranslation & Easysland.

I’m not sure why Lostintranslation is double the price of Santini, while Easysland is a proper exciting horse, and I’m confident he’s up to this, though The Cross Country is obviously a huge distraction.

Shortlist
    Easysland 33’s
    Lostintranslation 14’s

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1766

Id say lostintranslation is that price because he didn’t stay strongly enough to win even in a steadily run race

Id think he will take a lot of beating in the betfair chase and the 3 miler at Aintree though

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

Santini ran a cracker in March, could still be improving too
    and Champ has a big enough engine to be a contender if he can sharpen up his jumping

Member since March 2008
    He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 384

I love lostintranslation , one thing to remember is the poor form if the the Tizzard yard during the festival , I thought he ran a stormer

I wouldnt back champ with the next man’s money , he has an engine but his jumping is very iffy , I’m also wanting to see where Elliot goes with Battleoverdoyen ….I wonder if they will give him a breathing op , he jumped beautifully in the RSA but found nothing from 3 out

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17592

Yeah, I was looking at that angle myself HDLG.

I suppose his run in The King George was too bad to be true, but still reckon he’s overpriced.

As FF mentioned, must have a good chance of landing The Betfair again, so realistic opportunity of a decent trade.

Lemons68Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 436

A lot will depend on how Topofthegame comes back after his injury, but he could be one that’s a bit of value at 16-1.

I agree on Lostintranslation, he’s a big price at 14-1.

His stablemates Reserve Tank and Slate House disappointed me last season, but if Tizzard can get them back to something like their best, then I would be interested in them too. It’s not a surprise though that they’re not in the market yet.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 609

I’m a big fan of Champ. He’s clearly not got a problem with the course, he’s still improving, and he’s a good price. So he’s the one for me.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.