Godolphin Fantasy competition

Home Forums Racing Competitions Godolphin Fantasy competition

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

Oh well, so much for the bonus points! Onwards & upwards….

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4561

I went for sixth for the bonus race !! :wacko: :wacko:

5450 pts and 537th now for me :good: :good:

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

5660 for me (496th).

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6042

I didn’t see that coming with Ghaiyyath, I had him down for 3rd. Without making
    excuses for Enable, or any of them, I think the conditions had a lot to do with
    the result.

I’m on 7580 points and I’ve slid down to position 233.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Thanks all..I’m now on 255 having put up Ghaiyyath to win. :wacko:
    Rumours on the Arc Thread that there may be a virus at the Appleby yard but nothing coming through at Newmarket races about this and they usually know first.
    Charlie Appleby thinks Ghaiyyath just a horse that just needs more time between his races and he thinks that will be it for him for the season so no QE11.

Let’s hope Godolphin Fantasy give us the option to sub him out before Champions Day..not holding my breath.
    I’ll update later… got a bit behind after a busy weekend… :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Godolphin Fantasy League – Team
    TRF LEADERBOARD OCTOBER 2019-

7580 – 233rd– BIGG
    7410 – 255th – Triptych
    6470 – 304th – John Gooch
    5660 – 496th – Tonge
    5450 – 537th – Raymo
    4440 – 739th – Nathan Hughes

Updated to 8th October 2019

Keep the scores coming and good luck..Jac :rose:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20974

points 4840
    Rank 679

*BONUS RACE*

14:55 Newmarket
    Tomorrow Saturday 12th Oct 2019
    Dubai Autumn Stakes

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Thanks Nathan I’ll get over and do that in a moment. :good:
    Not a good day for Platinum Star and Final Song at Newmarket today, both in my stable but Spring Of Love (Red Hat) won very nicely and I backed Beauty Stone. :wacko: Let’s hope Pinatubo romps home in the Dewhurst tomorrow…Jac :rose:

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

6160 points now (thanks to Pinatubo) and laying handily in 500th position, ready for a late surge!

Had Military March & Al Suhail 1st & 2nd in the Bonus race….. wrong way round though. Grrr

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20974

Making my move too late

pts 5540
    Rank 630

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Thanks Tonge and Nathan :good: :good:
    Will update Leaderboard on Monday before Champions Day although I think the comp goes on until Breeders Cup..is that right? :unsure:

I have a small fun prize for the winner of this that I saw in the Palace House Museum shop at Newmarket racecourse…don’t get too excited it is small but something to play for ;-)

I was lucky enough to place Al Suhail in 2nd position and get 200 Bonus Points as I thought Molatham would win it and I put Military March 5th :wacko: but with Pinatubo winning I am now on 8310 points in 241st place…completely out of swaps so all in the lap of the gods and bonus points now.. Jac :rose:

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 169

Hello to everyone.

The competition ends on Tuesday November 5th 2019 which is I think the date of the Melbourne Cup.

I now am on 7470 Points and rank 335 with still 1 swap left. This is due to finding 200 Points
    on the winner of the Bonus Race and of course Pinatubo once more delivering 500 Points.

I do not think I will be top of our mini group at the end but apart from not having that many Bonus Races
    have enjoyed the interest generated.

Thanks John :bye:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6042

Yes the competition includes the Breeders Cup on the 1st and 2nd of Novemeber Jac, and also extends
    long enough to take in the Melbourne Cup on the 4th and it closes on the 5th. I reckon that the
    Godolphin pair, Cross Counter and Ispolini have decent chances down under. Cross Counter will do
    well to win it 2 years on the trot, so I think ispolini might be the one this time, but I’ll manage
    to squeeze both into my stable before the race. I was seathing last year as I had Best Solution at
    various decent odds, I really fancied him, but Pat Cosgrove managed to completely blow it at the start,
    so badly that I didn’t see him with the pack until I realised he was trailing them all. He still only had
    one behind him coming to the final turn, and although he ran on to look like he might take a hand, he had
    used up too much of his petrol and kept on for 8th.

Well done with Al Suhail Jac, I had him down for 3rd but it was a 2 horse race from well out.
    I’m on 8080 points and in position 262. I’ll be having a complete change of stable for Champions
    Day, although I had hoped to see more Godolphin horses in the races. I’ll probably look to see what
    they have running in France or Germany to make shure I’ve got 10 chances. I’ll have a change again
    for the Breeders Cup and Melbourne Cup. Hopefully I can get enough from them to get me up the table
    a bit.

Almost there now, very best of luck all :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6042

Thanks John, I had stated typing my bit out before midnight, fell asleep and continued when I
    woke up an hour later, which is why I hadn’t seen your post which already answered the question
    Jac was asking. I’m glad you enjoyed the competition, I’m definitely more knowledgeable about
    the Godolphin horses as a result and I enjoy the group getting together for a bit of banter and
    throwing about some ideas. Good luck for the last couple of weeks :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Godolphin Fantasy League – Team
    TRF LEADERBOARD OCTOBER 2019-

8310 – 241st – TRIPTYCH
    8080 – 262nd – BigG
    7470 – 335th – John Gooch
    6160 – 500th – Tonge
    5540 – 630th – Nathan Hughes
    5450 – 662nd – Raymo

strong>Updated to 14th October 2019
    Thanks for answering my question John & Graham let’s hope for lots of fireworks and a nice win from our Godolphin horses. :good:
    Just waiting for Raymo to update his scores,
    Doubt I’ll hold onto that top position for long but do have Ispolini, Space Blues and Benbatl who could
    have another run.
    Let’s hope for another Bonus race next weekend.
    Well done everyone.
    ..Jac :rose:

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 239 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.