Godolphin Fantasy competition

Home Forums Racing Competitions Godolphin Fantasy competition

This topic contains 209 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 18 hours, 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Thank you hein and well done with your winners too :good:
    I thought Axana ran a superb race today and what a lovely course Dusseldorf is, I ever expected the turn that was a surprise :yes: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20804

I think Wild Illusion was slow in coming to hand last season, so possibly needs an effort or two to get into her best stride
    This was a tough race with plenty of competition for a 1st time out
    Has Appleby been off the boil lately perhaps too??

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Yes seems that way Nathan after such a good year in 2018 the stable not as consistent as they were last year.
    Still long way to go and looking forward to seeing Blue Point and Masar again. :heart:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4510

I too had Wild Illusion in my team but she ran a bit lacklustre and probably needed it.

I did manage to get 200 pts for Khagan finishing second in France though so happy days :good: :good:
    I am currently in 180th position so I will wallow in the glory of being so high cos it won’t last long

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Thank you Jac, nice to hear you liked D’Dorf, as it is said to be the best cared for track in Germany and has indeed its specialities ;-)
    I would agree Nathan that Appleby’s form is just not touchable at the moment, only his 2y are quite good and I like his Pinatubo in the Woodcote Stakes, but I’m not sure what he would do against those Johnston horses :unsure:
    Any views, if you know him already?

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5934

I was flukey enough to have stuck Dubai Falcon in my stable, who despite looking
    quite an awkward sort, he ran out a good winner today at Leicester. Pat Cosgrove had to fight for
    his head early on, he lit up from the off and despite not settling he managed to make all and win.
    He’s clearly got an engine and when he learns to settle he could be quite useful. That added a further
    120 points on, which has me up at 360 points and in position 80.

I had a look at the leaderboard out of interest, and I see that the leader, desmondes, has 860 points.
    I wondered how that was even possible with one stable, but when you click on his/her stable it turns
    out they have used 28 horses :wacko: So at the very least, they have made 2 changes. Fair enough if
    the aim is to be the early pace setter, but we haven’t even got to the main bulk of the good Group 1
    race meetings and I reckon they will have no ammunition left when not even half way through the competition.

It’s hardly gotten off the ground yet, and I think Royal Ascot is going to be the time when we see major
    moves by stables. I hope we can all get our stables in good shape for that one. My stable is Blue Wonders,
    it’s not particularly exciting at this point with mainly lower grade races on the go, but anyone wanting
    to check it out at any time is welcome :good: `

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Well done with Dubai Falcon today Graham :good: that was a shrewd move not to play your Royal Ascot stable early and some nice early points.

I’ve also noticed that those af the top of the Leaderboard fizzle out very quickly by using all their swaps up so quickly, I reckon you have approx 1 swap a month and the Group races are the ones to aim for. I joined the competition very late last year but managed to rack up hundreds of points very quickly with Champions Day and all the Bonus Races.

I was considering a small shuffle around for the weekend as there are 1 or 2 running at Epsom that I like but keep wondering if its worth it as I’m on holiday from next Tuesday for two weeks and wanted my stable set up for Royal Ascot (true blue) currently on 0 points. B-) So few seem to have entries for another 2 weeks but I feel loath now to swap a stable that has earnt me no points…what do you think Graham.. :mail: Jac :rose:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5934

Hi Jac, It’s touch and go whether it’s worthwhile using a swap up now, the Derby meeting
    would obviously be where higher points could be picked up, but on Derby day there’s a distinct
    lack of Godolphin horses. The only one down to run is Line Of Duty, who I have in my stable,
    but to be honest I’d be surprised if he does turn up. I backed him for the Derby before his
    pretty abysmal run in the Dante, and I know Appleby has said that on his Dante form he’s not
    a Derby horse. He hasn’t ruled him out yet, he says he’d need to come on a lot to be considered,
    so I’m not holding my breath. There are a few on Oaks day. Pinatubo is in the Woodcote and
    looked impressive on his debut at Wolverhampton, he could be anything as they say and I think
    100/30 with Coral is a decent bet. Old Persian is one I’ve seen you talk about, and he must
    have a shout in the Coronation Cup although he’ll have Kew Gardens to contend with. They only
    have another 2 at the Friday meeting, Setting Sail and Space Blues, I haven’t seen much of them.

If you click on their “upcoming races” link you’ll see they have quite a few running in France
    this week, but none of those are Group races. There’s certainly enough that you could make up
    a stable if you don’t have any of those already in your stable and then you could make a complete
    stable clear out for Ascot, you would still have 4 swaps left. Certainly you could hold off til
    Ascot as that’s where the big points will be and you would have that bit of extra ammunition later
    on in the season.

That’s probably not a lot of good to you Jac, I’ve likely raised more questions than answers :unsure:
    Good luck whichever way you play it :good:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Many thanks Graham and sorry late answering, just dived into Costa Lotta ;-) for a break and catch up on here.

Not really wanting to waste a stable I’m going to keep it simple and stay put while I’m away and hope to get some Bonus points on the way :good:

Hope Line Of Duty does turn out for you in The Derby he could possibly pick up a place.

Old Persian would have been in my stable and has a chance but it’s a very competitive race.

Looking forward to the Epsom meeting and Nathan’s comp and hopefully a few winners but it remains a worst puzzle than who will win the Tory Leadership. :wacko: Ive had a 33/1 bet on a candidate that hasn’t, as yet, thrown his hat in the ring -Steve Baker. Just saw an interview he gave on Channel 4 and thought him a genuine type who could hold together the party set on a collision course B-) ..that’s as far as my political knowledge wants to go ha ha…much rather back horses.
    Best of luck .. Jac :rose:

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Okay I won’t spoil your comp anymore and have played Pinatubo myself :whistle:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Hi hein :bye:
    Sorry I completely missed both yours and Raymo’s last post as have only been popping in and out of TRF briefly last week or so mainly at night as have one or two family matters taking up a lot of my time I didn’t scroll through the Thread as I usually do..apologies. :rose:

Yes I too will be playing Pinatubo :good: the form looks spot on and although I don’t know much about the rest of the runners he seems a progressive sort and has a Group 2 entry at the Curragh 29th June.

Take a nice look at the 4.10 Yarmouth tomorrow and Velorum very impressive at Newmarket last time out.. :good:

Good luck and keep posting hein :good: hoping for a bit more time come Friday to sort out my Epsom bets..Jac :rose:

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Hi Jac :bye:
    thank you and don’t worry, there are still more important things in life than TRF.
    Fine that you have also played the volcano Pinatubo, I really rate him high, his form was franked yesterday and fortunately I pushed the button early enough for 11/4. I hope the Johnston horses won’t spoil the party as they often do, but normally Johnston is not such an expert in sprint races as he is in sending horses to Germany :whistle:
    Epsom is a too hot of an iron for me, as to be honest I find this track quite unfair, In Germany we have a similarly unfair one with Baden Baden, so best of luck with your bets :heart:

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 642

Of course the Woodcote Stakes are my exception obviously, as the 6f shouldn’t be too biased..

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8628

Good luck with your bets also hein :good:
    Velorum runs in the 4.20 Yarmouth not 4.10 hoping he’ll fly home..just waiting on a price.. :rose: Jac

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5934

I think we’re all looking quite well with Pinatubo, I don’t have him in my stable, but I
    did take the 100/30 I nominated him at a few posts back. He’s best priced 6/4 now and
    clearly they must think a lot of him. I do have Cartesienne in my stable, and she
    is running this evening at Gowran Park. The market, at this time, doesn’t suggest there’s
    much confidence behind her, but she’s interesting with a speedy sire (Pivotal) and although
    the Dam is not much to write home about, her sire (New Approach) was a derby winner. If she’s
    half way between those two then she might manage the mile tonight. It seems that Dermot Weld’s
    Anya Ylina is all the rage. I’d be happy to get a place here :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 210 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.