The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Derby 2024

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Derby 2024

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

“I see Mike thinks the opposite!”

He’s Broome’s brother. Might lack a bit of pace for the top 10f/12f against the very best at 3 is my initial take on it and the way he was being scrubbed along today. Early days, will see where he fits in and if he progresses.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

Half brother – Broome is by Australia.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Looks a stayer to me
    The O’Brien horse on the outside of him seemed to be travelling sweeter but Diego done his best work at the end of the race. Could be he sharpens up for all that was his debut so 10f maybe but 12f minimum for me next year
    Don’t see him troubling City of Troy this year if O’Brien went that way
    Probably see City of Troy Dewhurst and Diego the Racing Post Trophy or whatever it’s called now

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

“Half brother – Broome is by Australia.”

Oh yeh of course.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

“Probably see City of Troy Dewhurst and Diego the Racing Post Trophy or whatever it’s called now”

I just call it the Futurity, but then I’m allergic to race sponsors.

I suspect City Of Troy will be put away for the winter if he wins his 2yo Group 1 in the National Stakes and I could see this colt running in the Dewhurst, the Jean-Luc Lagadere, the Futurity or one of those two Group 1s at Saint-Cloud at 1m or even 1m2f at the back end.

I’ve no idea what the form is worth and the time comparisons with the rest of the card will be interesting on what I assume so far to be yielding ground.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

Diego Velazquez has been awarded a Rising Star by “Thoroughbred Daily News”. That can be a blessing but is often a curse.

Velazquez has already inspired one classic winner. Las Meninas, the 1,000 Guineas winner in 1994, named after his sublime masterpiece.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1614

Surely a Derby horse. Futurity I’d say. City of troy national stakes then put away and river tiber Deerhurst. Still leaves Henry longfellow so he could go to France. I’m sure aidan will send a decent one to the breeders Cup. Only the phoenix winner close to aidans top 2yos so far. Still loads of horses to come out yet though. With the soft ground a few trainers maybe waiting for decent ground to start their horses. Could be a long wait.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

City Of Troy 4-1. Free bet.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6633

Will he stay?

Has looked to have plenty of pace

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

Might do. Free bet chucked his way in case he does.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

Arabian Crown – 12/1 – EW
    Paddy Power

Won over 1m2f at Newmarket comfortably .
    Can’t see him not winning a Classic next season and it could be this one. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

Added Grosvenor Square 25-1 for now. Might be heading to the Dante.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

Grosvenor Square heading to Chester AOB said during the week.

couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

I’ve thrown a few quid on Spoken Truth on the machine @200s. Weld’s only entry and brother to Homeless Songs. Won the same maiden as Harzand last month in comfortable fashion. Cant see any news on him, so the odds probably point to him not heading here but had a small bet on him just in case.

Participant
    • Total Posts 235

Couteau, I don’t think it was the same maiden.

Harzand won his maiden on 26th March.

Spoken Truth won his maiden on 26th April.

Same course and distance though.

Harzand then won the Ballysax.

Maybe Spoken Truth will run in the Derby trial at Leopardstown on Sunday.

couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

I was thinking the same thing, Bobby. I was only going on what Dawn Leadon-Bolger posted on Twitterville. Does seem to be the same race though, as the only flat meeting at Cork was on 30th March and there wasn’t any 1m2f races on that card. That said, he’s an unlikely runner unless he does run on Sunday. Maybe he’ll keep him back for the Irish version. I’m definitely going to take a couple more flyers on the machine though: Bellum Justum and Defiance are 80s and 60s respectively and are of interest to me

couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

An impressed Weld reported “I won this maiden with Harzand at the start of his career and this is a gorgeous, kind big horse who would like better ground. I love the way he came home over the last furlong as he only hit his stride.

“I’m thinking of running him in the Gallinule (Stakes, 1m2f, May) as it would be a logical way to go and that is his most likely next race. As the season progresses he will fill into that big body of his and it is early days in his career. We are very hopeful with him but time will tell.”

He added “we have only had seven or eight runners this year and they’ve all run well but I’ve been waiting for a bit of better ground. Most of mine will appreciate better ground so I’m waiting for it.”

Looks like the Derby’s not on the table then; my spidey senses should’ve picked-up that he wasn’t turning up here.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.