The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Could you do better than Pricewise? Wanna try?

Home Forums Racing Competitions Could you do better than Pricewise? Wanna try?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Following a recent thread on which Pricewise’s merits and otherwise were duiscussed at length it was suggested that we should resurrect the Pricewise Challenge ‘competition’ from a year or two back. After giving it some thought I kind of think we’ve done that already so how about a twist…

I’d like to challenge would-be Pricewisers to the following –

Every Saturday I’ll publish a 500 word Pricewise-type article from any member who wishes to take part. You can write what you want but the article must discuss one major race on the Saturday and be accompanied by your selection. It’ll be published in the Features section of the site.

We’ll limit it to a max two articles per Saturday and someone different will be given the opportunity each week until we run out of volunteers (prob in week 2!).

So, all you whingers, critics and wannabes, here is your chance to put up or shut up. Who knows, it could be your stepping stone to the top job itself!!

One more thing – any one of the published articles which tips a winner at 6/1 or greater will recieve a crisp tenner in the post courtesy of TRF.

If you’re interested pm me and I’ll let you know the email address and format for sending the articles to me.

Scribbles
    • Total Posts 149

Hmmm, sounds interesting Corm. Sounds like fun.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Will entries be void if the entrant spells definitely with an ‘a’ ? :wink:

Colin

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Sounds like a bit of fun,however,i must admit to not taking any notice of Pricewise or other tipsters so i couldn`t rate his performance!!

A major race on a saturday gives a few options although im usually concentrating on a “reclamer“ in Deauville :lol: ,still,anything for the cause!!

I`ll certainly have a crack,however,i will be in Baden Baden for the annual ritual from 25.8 to 2.9 so i`d rather avoid commitment on either of those two saturdays.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Sign me up :twisted:

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I’ll have a go too

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Good stuff. I’ll send invitations each week for those who’ve posted on the thread and pm’d me and we’ll have two per week.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Does it have to be featured races, ie like Pricewise or can you pick from any race at all Cormack ??.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Any race but it does have to have early prices advertised by the major firms.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Any race but it does have to have early prices advertised by the major firms.

So basically like Pricewise, I will have a go, Why not !
    "Henry Rix, eat your heart out" :wink:

Just a thought Cormack, if your talking about races that are priced up, Pricewise will invariably have a column and an opinion on the said races, it might have an influence on peoples opinions.
    Thats why I think you should be able to pick say a selling h/cap at thirsk or something.

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

If the race is not priced up, you can’t do a "pricewise"! Do you not understand the concept. madman?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Madman – I’m asking people who are doing this to have the copy to me by 9pm on the Friday evening, two per week by invitation. That way they cannot be influenced by pricewise. And, yes, it’s EXACTLY like Pricewise, which is the whole point.

Can anyone think of a suitable name for this new weekly Feature?

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

If the race is not priced up, you can’t do a "pricewise"! Do you not understand the concept. madman?

I know that Wiz, but if someone puts up the same selection as Segal, they will probably say "oh how original".

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

it’s going to be difficult for us mere mortals to get hold of a good selection of prices by 9pm on the Friday isn’t it?

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I don’t think you’ll have too much trouble in working out which races are likely to be priced up early, welsh wizard, and odds can be added as soon as they become available.

The RP forecast should be sufficient for hunting ‘value’.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.