The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Coronation Cup 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Coronation Cup 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 838

Yeah the dream scenario Mike!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 838

No Communique!!

Hoping Broome sticks it up to Ghaiyyath a bit with Communique

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

AVD for me took 11/2 ew 123 now only 7 runners but nearly the same price( no wonder I don’t get involved too much AP)

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1620

Question is what tactics will they use on stradivarius

If they actually intend on having a go at winning surely he needs to go from the front and make it into a stamina test

If that is the case this could easily be set up for horses like defoe and AVD to pick up the pieces

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

I would think Ghaiyyath makes the pace with the likes of Defoe and Stradivarius tracking him, Broome normally misses a beat at the stalls while hopefully, AVD will be mid div. We know Desert Encounter along with Andrew Balding’s newcomer normally races in mid div but did try and make it once in a German Group 1 to no avail(behind likes of French King,Communique etc)
    Well, that’s how i see it :unsure:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3018

AVD for me took 11/2 ew 123 now only 7 runners but nearly the same price( no wonder I don’t get involved too much AP)

You are not as brilliant at antepost betting as me. I backed Broome AP at 10s win only – he’s now 12s ;-)

Oh well at least he has been declared so he has got further than lots of my AP bets. Watch him fall out the stalls now and lose sight of 6 tails disappearing over the wide Newmarket Heath horizon.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3018

Also Mike you may be right about injury to Broome. I had hoped he was just tucked away after the Irish Derby run to mature or get over something like an infection or ulcers which could explain the poor run, but delving deeper he was in the 6 day decs for the Great Voltigeur with a view to running in the Arc as he is part Japanese owned now. But did not run and radio silence since then AFAIK. :unsure:

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

If Ghaiyaath brings his ‘A game’ to the table then this will be a procession and it will prove irrelevant what tactics any other jockey tries to employ.

If he is below his best then we have a race on.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1620

Ghaiyyath arguably has the most to prove

Hes never done it against top class horses

The two times hes raced proper group 1 horses he has been beaten, in the Arc and in the prix ganay

One to take on for me, happy to miss a winner at such a short price

Defoe won the race last year and varian seems to have his horses fit judging by his runners so far

Retaining this race is almost certainly the main aim of his season which cant be said for the others I dont think

Wont back him yet as I can see there being money for ghaiyyath and stradivarius so might be the same or bigger on the day

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2486

If Ghaiyaath brings his ‘A game’ to the table then this will be a procession and it will prove irrelevant what tactics any other jockey tries to employ.

If he is below his best then we have a race on.

I don’t see the form line that suggests he’s the machine some think he is. He should win probably on Friday but probably because it’s a prep for most of his challengers.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 952

Ghaiyaath is an often disappointing, sometimes lame and definetely vulnerable duck :whistle:
    I really can’t see what should be so fascinating about him :unsure:

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

He is one of the best racehorses in the world.

He is unbeaten at Newmarket with 2 wins from 2 runs and a group 1 winner over 1m 4f. His Arc run can be easily dismissed and he looked better than ever last time when breaking the track record eased down.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 838

To be one of the best horses in the world he needs to start winning big group one races. He may well do that but he’s certainly nowhere near the best racehorses in the world currently just because he won a crap group 1 racing against group 3 horses.

Impressive RPRs and entitled to be fav based on that but has it all to prove for sure.

Defoe I just wonder if he had his days last season. It wasn’t a great renewal last year and then he followed up in the Hardwick in probably an even easier race. He’s a solid horse but maybe now at 6 he’s had his day as it all fell right for him last season.

Race fitness might well be a plus but for me AVD is a better horse both fit on their day.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1620

Defoe did beat kew gardens in the race last year

I’d fancy him to beat these if he was running

I’m hoping to get 4/1 on the day if there is a plunge on ghaiyyath

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 838

Too short for Kew Gardens though, he’s better over further

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.