The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Coronation Cup 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Coronation Cup 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1620

Decs in for friday

Ghaiyyath
    Defoe
    Stradivarius
    Anthony van dyck
    Sir dragonet

And a few others

Looks a cracker of a race at this stage, cant see a betting angle at this stage as ghaiyyath is a bit short and its surely just a warm up for the gold cup for stradivarius

Glad top class racing is back :yahoo:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 838

AVD!! My derby winner, and was gutted at the breeders cup when he was blocked, he’s great value and perhaps totally talking with my heart but I’m really in!!

AVD 6/1

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9747

No surprise that I’m going with…
    Ghaiyyath :rose:

He was supposed to run at the abandoned Dubai World Cup night at Meydan in the Dubai Sheema Classic and is now back with Charlie Appleby at Newmarket.
    Always runs his best when fresh and have been waiting for what seems like forever to see him again and I”m definitely talking with my heart here.
    :heart: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17286

Not a race I would usually look at, but I’ve taken a chance with Communique.

Overall form looks short of this, but course form sways me, and the 25’s looks fair to me.

I’ve taken some Each Way, but main amount will be for the win.

Communique 25’s

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

Trainer of AVD says the horse is currently doing everything right and as he was quick out of the gates early last year winning races I’ll go with him 6-1 ew.

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 179

I’d like technician at 14s if there was some rain

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

I’m with you Venture and think Communique looks interesting at 25/1.
    4 runs and 4 wins at Newmarket he seems to run his best races here wether Rowley or July course.
    Was 4th in this race last year at Epsom but the switch to Newmarket for this years running is in his favour.
    Ghaiyath is the rightful favourite but could be vulnerable here on first run back from Dubai.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 91

This will be Communique’s cup final without doubt, the minute they moved it to Newmarket it became the best and possibly only chance he’ll have of winning a Group 1. If you were on him you’d be hoping the King Power entered runner doesn’t line up because De Sousa is very important to Communique, he’s been on board for all bar one of his career wins and he is contracted to King Power first and foremost. The other thing is if Ghaiyaath lined up I’d be a little bit concerned Communique might get into a battle for a lead he won’t win which would be detrimental to his chances.

The other problem is this could well be the cup final for all three of Aidan O’Brien’s entries. For me they all need 12F at least and they won’t be good enough to win a King George which is the only other Group 1 over 12F here or in Ireland. They might all run here and the Hardwicke but that is only a Group 2 and Ascot will lose a lot of the prestige of owning winners when the owners won’t be physically there this year. There will be a lot of focus on horses needing the run and using the early races as preps but like I say what is Aidan prepping them for there isn’t much else suitable, if he can get them ready I’d expect them to be ready to win this.

If they ran and dependent on who Aidan can get to ride them assuming his Irish based riders will be staying at home I’d be interested in Broome and Sir Dragonet who for my money are no worse than Anthony Van Dyck.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3018

I’ve gone with Broome though good arguments to be made for various horses…Communique’s course form being one of themand I agree with TinMan that this is his best chance of a G1, being a Mark Johnston horse likely good and fit too.

Of Aidan’s, AVD has the ability, should cope with course and ground. Hope his hard season last year didn’t affect his appetite for racing. Sir Dragonet is quite a heavy big horse…would they run him on quick ground so early in the season or sit tight and hope for rain later? They’ve all got 10f entries back home but agree with TTM above- they not 10f horses.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

I did look at Broome. He hasn’t run since the Irish Derby last June. I’m guessing something went amiss in which case he’s likely to need his first run back. Would be a very good training feat to win this from a year off injury if indeed that was the case.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 838

Anyone seen any comments from connections regarding Stradivarius? Presumably, they are running him for lack of options to get a prep into him before the Gold Cup?

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2486

Yeah i think that’s what they said Frenchy, they wanted a run in before the GC. I haven’t decided if a bet will be had here. Everywhere i look Communique is fancied!!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2486

Yeah i think that’s what they said Frenchy, they wanted a run in before the GC. I haven’t decided if a bet will be had here. Everywhere i look Communique is being tipped up

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 838

Communique is a bit of a quandary. He’s finished last in 3 of his last 5 races and really done nothing of any sort in the top races. He was a beaten favourite first time out when he was 3 and last year was beaten 15.5L first time out. As TheTinMan pointed out SDS is important to him and he’s riding Alounak now, so I’m unconvinced, but the course form is there

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

I can picture Communique hassling the favourite for the lead if quick enough which wont suit the favourite and probably tire out Communique at the business end.

AVD to pick up the pieces? ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.