Cheveley Park 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cheveley Park 2016

This topic contains 51 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Nathan Hughes Nathan Hughes 3 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

I thought Roly Poly had won it for me but Brave Anna nodded her way into the lead right on the line. To make it worse, I earlier backed Brave Anna against Rhododendron in the Debutante Stakes and she ran like a donkey, with the reason put forward that she wasn’t fully race ready that day.

Just to add insult to injury I sat with 5/1 on Blue Point, only to see a horse he had thrashed out of sight last time, keep on and win at 25/1.

The form book has been about as much use as a Candy Floss dildo today ;-)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20808

5 furlong horse at the top level.
    uncontested lead today, The horse is too fast for her own good at 6 furlongs.
    Hard luck for those on Roly Poly.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20808

The jockey said something revealing there in the post race interview- he said you could rely on Aiden to prime them for the group ones

Is he suggesting that they don’t wound them up for lesser races? In which case we can understand why she’s been stuffed her last two starts? (Although the moyglare was also a group one) :wacko:

Yeats, St Nicholas Abbey, Fame and Glory all got turned over at very short odds in pre group 1 races.
    O’Brien has always said he likes his horses to find their own feet as the season goes on, whatever that means.?

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3160

Good quote from the trainer “I’m not sure what happened in the Moyglare – maybe it was the seven furlongs, or maybe she just got a bit tired, but we always had faith in her.”

First time out over 5F Beaten out of sight
    Next 2 times over 6F won
    Next 2 times over 7F Beaten out of sight
    Next time G1 over 6F Boom

At least we know what her trip is B-)

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

Just to confirm television set is still in one piece.

The game is impossible at times, you get everything within reason spot on and still can’t win.

Commiserations to everyone who backed the second.

Indeed. RP ran a fantastic race and when sandwiched between the winner and the 3rd about half a furling out, surged noticeably and impressively forward only to ‘relax’ again as she got past the third. Suspect she’s the better filly and could have a really nice race in her

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

I’m amazed LA finished so close given that she effectively ran away with Frankie. He was extremely artful in sitting still and making it look like he was in control, but 99% of sprinters couldn’t do those fractions under strong driving, never mind when supposedly bowling along. On a flat course she might just have got home.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20808

Ward said: “It was a head-scratcher and disappointing, but when we got back to the barn the vet scoped her and she ended up having bled with a score of three out of five, which, in a Group One, is enough to get you beat, probably.

“It’s not good that she bled, but at least it’s a bit of an answer as to the reason why she didn’t kick on that last little bit of the race.

“She’s going to her owner’s Stonestreet Farm for about 90 days. We’ll pick her up in the first part of the year, get her going and hopefully we’ll be able to get her back for Ascot for next year.”

I would agree with Steeplechasing in that she was far too free to produce a finishing kick over 6 furlongs in a decent race and paid the penalty for the early fractions.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.