The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham Preview nights

Home Forums Horse Racing Cheltenham Preview nights

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Does anyone know dates for any of these?

The only one I’m currently aware of is in Ireland on Weds March 5th.

I ask, because I was considering arranging a TRF get-together in Central London for the week before Chelters and wish to avoid clashing with rival attractions.

JimF
    Participant
    • Total Posts 111

I think the London Racing Club Cheltenham preview in on 6th March.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Thanks. That would be a good one to avoid, obviously!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Have it at the Tattershalls Castle Pruf – belting barge and it has a bar too. Oh and a comedy night so I can share my tips :wink:

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Are you coming over for the one in Ireland Pru? Where is it on?

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

I’m not coming over for the gig, carvillshill, though there’s likely to be someone there from Timeform/Timeform-Ireland, I believe. I’ll let you know if I hear more.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Have it at the Tattershalls Castle Pruf – belting barge and it has a bar too

FFS :shock:

No way! At least not how i remebered it to be ( a good few years ago mind…)

Ill be there Pru.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

There are two I usually try to get to- one in the Glenroyal Hotel Maynooth and another sponsored by Harney’s bookmakers down in Clonmel- they had the best speakers in the past few years. Apart from those you’d learn more at home with a cup of coco and the ATR website. It’s a bit like the morning line, 55 minutes of dross with the occasional pearl of wisdom….

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

I think people – yes, even me – get so excited immediately before Cheltenham that they need little excuse to wallow in the atmosphere of a preview night, even if the comments aren’t the most insightful.

I’m half hoping that the Southern TRF pre-Cheltenham Brainstorm-all-in-one p1ss-up will be a sort of democratic and argumentative version of such an event.

Delighted that you will be there, clivex. Some excellent posts of late, by the way (at the risk of being accused of sucking up).

Wednesday March 5th is the current favourite, but I’ll sit on it for a while.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Per my PM the other day, Pruf, as long as I’m not podcasting or similar on that date, I should be able to attend and to try to beat my own world record for cradling half a pint the longest.

Oh yeah, and to try to unpick the Foxhunters and cross-country race for you, if little else. :D

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Hope those deliberations will be available in a downloadable PDF format afterwards to selected Forum members :lol:

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1904

I’d certainly be interested in coming along.

chloed
    • Total Posts 433

the one i will be really interested is the night paul nicholls does a talk on his cheltenham chances, my husband always goes, but this year i think i will make the effort too.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Have it at the Tattershalls Castle Pruf – belting barge and it has a bar too

FFS :shock:

No way! At least not how i remebered it to be ( a good few years ago mind…)

Ill be there Pru.

It’s got better by the sounds of it Clive, I’ve started frequenting it so obviously the custom is on the up :wink:

I’ll be there Pruf, first time in years I’ve been near one of these preview nights.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Er, this would not be a preview night per se.

More an opportunity for a good old chinwag about Cheltenham, the universe and everything over a few beers, with perhaps a bit more focus to it than just a conventional p1ss-up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.