The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham Preview nights

Home Forums Horse Racing Cheltenham Preview nights

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Er, this would not be a preview night per se.

More an opportunity for a good old chinwag about Cheltenham, the universe and everything over a few beers, with perhaps a bit more focus to it than just a conventional p1ss-up.

It’s all good Pruf – either way racing and alcohol are a great mix :)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Cheers pru. Kind of you to say. :D

march 5th is fine with me

RichK
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

I’d be up for this – I’m always up for a good beer and a yak. Great idea Prufrock.

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

Ask RP if they’ll give it the Video/ Audio treatment Pru and put it on website or maybe someone could arrange for Highflyer productions to come along and record it for screening on RUK

" TRF (Southern) do Cheltenham and the Universe" sounds like good entertainment to me

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

More an opportunity for a good old chinwag about Cheltenham, the universe and everything over a few beers, with perhaps a bit more focus to it than just a conventional p1ss-up.

…in essence, the same sort of set-up as we had for the TRF Awards brainstorming sesh a couple of months back. Do you have anywhere particularly already in mind, Pruf?

gc

PS If we’re honest, we all know that the real highlight during Cheltenham week is the 4m march of the living dead handicap chase at Hexham. A proper treat and no mistake!

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5830

PS If we’re honest, we all know that the real highlight during Cheltenham week is the 4m march of the living dead handicap chase at Hexham. A proper treat and no mistake!

Jeremy

It’s always heartening to know that I’m not the only one who looks forward to these fine contests! Hexham Four Miler, Highland National at Perth, Veterans’ Chase at Cartmel…..jockeys in woolly jumpers, battered old horseboxes, ……Marvellous!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Amen to that, Rob. There’s not too many days on the calendar I enjoy more than the last Saturday evening in May – with the Veteran’s National at Cartmel and the Pertemps Trophy (Horse and Hound as was) at Stratford, what’s not to like?

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

I may come along too if – a) I’m let out for the night (feasible), and b) there is a suitable train service from Northamptonshire to London (unlikely!). I too may be able to offer some minor pearls of wisdom on the various merits of the Foxhunters runners, if nothing else.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28008

WEST BERKSHIRE RACING CLUB

CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL PREVIEW NIGHT

WEDNESDAY 5TH MARCH

AT NEWBURY RACECOURSE

Guests include TANYA STEVENSON

value is everything
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8968

Sounds like a great idea Pru – an annual TRF Cheltenham Preview evening.

Can’t make it this time around but if it goes OK then we could do something a little more structured for next year and perhaps get a sponsor and a guest or two.

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

Arranging a forum chinwag date after some of the other preview nights would make sense – forumites could report back and compare notes?

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

I will try to attend.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Mansun

Are you coming along?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

I may come along too if – a) I’m let out for the night (feasible), and b) there is a suitable train service from Northamptonshire to London (unlikely!). I too may be able to offer some minor pearls of wisdom on the various merits of the Foxhunters runners, if nothing else.

I’ve been informed the winner runs tommorow HJ :wink:

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

I am hoping to be the guest of honour provided the North Britain who runs the site invites me!!!!

Hope you get an invite mansun and i hope someone can provide video.audio of the event as i be interesting in hearing yours and others thoughts on Cheltenham and the Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.