The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham 2021 bets

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Cheltenham 2021 bets

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3935

Had three and that will do :wacko:

Topofthegame @ 33’s ( Gold Cup )
    Malone Road @ 25’s ( Supreme )
    Riders on the storm @ 33’s ( Ryanair )

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 462

Going to stick on this lucky 15 tomorrow

Lostintranslation 16-1 GC
    Goshen 7-1 CH
    Shiskin 5-1 Arkle
    Envoi Allen 5-1 RSA

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1113

Always fun to try and look ahead a year in advance at what looks a decent punt…tough with the novices and the stars like Envoi Allen as it’s tough to know how he’ll be campaigned…

3 I really like the look of at the moment at the prices though with a little reasoning…

Put The Kettle On – Champion Chase (25/1)

Think that’s an outrageous, and insulting price to be honest! Thought she was terrific and has got any amount of improvement in her…rated only 144 going in she jumped really well and shows a great attitude to knuckle down and get the job done…beat a decent one in Fakir and put the rest to the sword in no uncertain terms…is 2/2 at the course and that’s a huge advantage going into any festival. I’ve a feeling because she was unfancied for the race and trained by Henry De Bromhead and not Willie Mullins she’s getting under valued…looking at the rest of the market…Altior will be 11 and what sort of campaign will he have….Defi for me will get stepped up in trip…Chacun still hasn’t got the 2 mile form in the book to be a quarter of the price with also no course experience for me so 25’s looks a huge price..

Honeysuckle – Mares (4/1)

Could be a real investment horse throughout the year because I can’t see her being aimed at any other race than this again…hasn’t got the speed for two miles…on a line on her win over Darver Star she’d have a fair bit to find with Epatante and Goshen could be absolutely anything…unless it really, really cut up badly I don’t see any way how she’ll be aimed at a champion hurdle…she beat Benie this year (many people’s banker) and I think she would confirm that running but have a feeling Benie may go up in trip anyway and be aimed at the stayers or maybe even tried chasing…the Mares novice winner did it nicely but I think she’d be way behind Honeysuckle on form and think steadily backing regularly at 4/1 could turn out a great investment…

Defi Du Seuil – Ryanair (20/1)

The race I thought he should have gone for this year…Was a great move from Hobbs taking advantage of Altior not being around to take the Tingle Creek and Clarence House but ran as I expected in the Champion Chase…ok, maybe a bit below but I was always massively against him! Am hoping Hobbs forgets any ideas of going for it again and starts to build on that excellent JLT victory of last season beating Lostintranslation and step him up for a challenge of the Ryanair….if he starts next season over further and skips the top two mile races 20’s could be huge!

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2751

The New Course should suit Champ even more so has a big chance in the Gold Cup

Monkfish for the RSA but Mullins has loads of options with his novices ( possibly more than usual)

It was a brilliant festival.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 462

Def above standard Cheltenham

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2200

I’d be hoping they see sense and run allaho in the right race next year

Looks tailor made for the Ryanair and for me his RSA form is stronger than that of the marsh

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 287

ABARCADBRAS 16s was a cracking price, his speed figures were good too – I might double him with shiskhin for arkle

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2226

Mares Hurdle antepost picks are risky. Remember there’s a Mares Chase from next year as well.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 540

Which race will be dropped to make way for the Mares Chase? Lee Mottershead on Luck on Sunday speculated it will be either the Kim Muir or the National Hunt Chase. I suspect he is right and I would prefer it to be the latter.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2200

The betting terminal in William hill just let me have a to win any race treble on envoi Allen, shiskin and goshen

Presumably because they are in different alphabetical sections

Just had £5 to return £487.50

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5990

My list of bets next year are

ABRACADBRAS 16S Champion hurdle
    ALTIOR 8/1 Champion chase.10 year old won it before and trained by Henderson to.
    APPRICITE IT 16/1 Ballymore
    FAKIR D’OURDIARIES 33/1 Ryanair
    MELON 33/1 Gold cup
    THE BIG GETAWAY 25/1 RSA
    THYME HILL 16/1 Stayers hurdle

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

Hi all, first post from an occasional reader.

Minella Indo looks overpriced for next years Gold Cup at 14/1. Unfortunately (for me at least) he idled up the hill and got caught by Champ just at the wrong time. He picked up again once he’d gone past for a clear 2nd. I think with more experience he will improve and i can’t seem Champ getting the better of him again.

Shiskin would appear a cert for the Arkle but couldn’t be taking 6/1 a year in advance.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17805

Welcome to TRF TYT

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2226

Just got the two at the moment…

Santini 12-1 Gold Cup
    Shishkin 5-1 Arkle

I was hovering over Envoi Allen for the Marsh but will wait coz I’m wondering if over the summer they have a change of plan and train him for the Champion Hurdle. He doesn’t look so far at least to my eyes a 3 mile plus horse so rather than have him being a future serial winner of the Ryanair why not the Champion Hurdle? It’s more prestigious and he’s good enough to compete against Epatante and alike plus its a race the trainer wants to win.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

‘coffin dodgers’ ! Long time since I heard that one .. and I wasn’t one, myself, then. Not quite so funny now I’m eighty … Not true actually, clivexx. I think you made a fairly regular kind of observation into a knavishly amusing one. Brutal, but amusing in the extreme.

I think ‘coffin dodgers’ is more imaginative than the French, ‘croulants’ or ‘crumblies’, and in a manner of speaking, slightly more respectful… whether earned or not ! I don’t think the English are good at a lot of things, but I think our slang is second to none. And that Anglo-Saxon flair for imaginative slang is truly awesome. G K Cheststerton remarked that slang is metaphor, the very stuff of poetry, and he was right, wasn’t he ? It seems to have travelled across the globe, throughout the English-speaking world, to Oz, the US, Canada, NZ.

Here’s a couple from the US, you might not have heard :

(a simile, also the stuff of poetry) ‘…. as crazy as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking-chairs.’
    Another classic, with a little added context, is : ‘Why, she beat him like a red-headed stepchild !’

:mail:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.