The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham 2021 bets

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Cheltenham 2021 bets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5977

Call me mad but had a bet for next year already

ABARCADBRAS 16/1 Champion hurdle

Gordon said horse for race next year a cracking run in supreme be 2nd winner going chasing so looks ideal race for him as I doubt champion hurdle today a strong race.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 452

Darren not crackers at all …he,s the horse I’ve taken from today , he just travelled so well

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5977

He was 33s last night no idea who with might been hills but was not on him in supreme but so impressed by him today

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1282

Agree completely- I already posted as much in the Supreme Novices’ thread.

Throw in Shishkin for next year’s Arkle and that’s the opening day double sorted.

Looking further ahead, Asterion Forlonge for the 2021 King George at Kempton… :whistle:

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17730

Having a look at these….

Champion Hurdle – Honeysuckle 10’s

Champion Hurdle – Goshen 20’s

Mares – Colreevy 33’s

Champion Chase – Put The Kettle On 20’s

Stayers – Janidil 66’s

RSA – Sporting John 25’s

Gold Cup – Copperhead 33’s

Gold Cup – Champ 25’s

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5977

ENVOI ALLEN 14/1 Arkle

Look like being sent over fences next year and of course can win ballymore today but i feel 2m ideal trip for him and think connections be saying this after today any views on this

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 63

Interesting lads, ive taken Copperhead and Champ for next years Gold Cup.

It’s all for fun at this stage obviously.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2153

I’m probably going to have a double on shiskin for the arkle and envoi allen for the marsh/rsa

Just need to decide which race I think Envoi will run in

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1205

Can’t think of next year and has to be some doubts about it going ahead as planned

Large proportion of jumps followers are coffin dodgers with dreadful lifestyles so a huge % will be wiped out by next year, including most of the forum

Lots of trainers knocking on a bit too so it will be just between Joseph O’Brien and Harry fry for honors

Think they’ll have to just switch it to plumpton

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5977

Added more bets next year call me mad come GC Bet

MELON 33/1 Gold cup

Runs his race at this meeting always gets 2nd but could next year be the year for him Mullins stated that this be target and it true owners got win back to back champion only look at supreme this year and run both horses in same race if Mullins stays with feeling that he GC horse then run here.

FAKIR D’OUDIARIES 33/1 Ryanair

For me 2m5 be best trip for him has pace but needs further than 2m and this extra yardage be ideal for him we not seen best of him yet still a young horse might be next year reliase potential.

THYME HILL 16/1 Stayers hurdle

Should been more closer today and with front going over fences i read somewhere before race see him as a horse for stayers and with race having a boil over every chance a novice like him can be one of best stayers next year.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 452

Clive surely they,ll divert to Southwell , extend to 5 days and have split jumps/all weather card ….they might have to build a hill though

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1282

Well, there’s plenty of sand.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 452

Gladiatur I’m way ahead of u …I’ve started stockpiling buckets and spades …going to make a killing

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1282

Getting back on topic, I have backed Topofthegame at 33s for the Gold Cup. He would surely have gone close this year, given the performances of Santini and (to a lesser extent) Delta Work, and is such a raw, rangy horse that the year off may well have been a blessing in disguise.

Edit: I notice that the geniuses at Paddy Power/ Betfair have priced up Samcro for next year’s RSA Chase. Where do they get these people?

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22783

Shishkin is now top price 6/1 for the Arkle
    Skybet are same price for the win any race market

Member since March 2008
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.