The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Charlie Hall 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Charlie Hall 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17059

Best entry I can remember for this….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/87/wetherby/2020-10-31/768140

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/charlie-hall-chase/winner

The standout price for me is Black Corton at 14’s, but with him holding an entry for Ascot, and also Cyrname being in there, it seems unlikely right now.

Aye Right is huge at 50’s also, and I’m considering that, but the entry at Carlisle is a big concern. I suppose at 50’s, it’s maybe worth a small EW, but I’ll hold off.

As strong as the entry is, most have alternative options, so I’ll sit out just now.

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1320

Lots of quantity but, Cyrname aside, not much quality; I can certainly remember far stronger renewals.

Still, Vinndication looks a player to me at 6s. Good record fresh and always highly rated by connections. Looks an e/w bet to nothing at those odds.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 152

I like Vinndication as well and its a better race than the last two years even if Cyrname didn’t run in it thats for sure! You’d have to be taking the fav on he didn’t get home over the trip in the King George for all that was against a better quality of opposition and he did have quite a nasty fall at Ascot on his last run for all he didn’t sustain any injuries. I’m also still very wary of his rating myself he’s a 170+ horse around Ascot over that intermediate trip but then we’ve seen it with other horses – Bristol De Mai was probably the same around Haydock but nowhere else and arguably Clan Des Obeaux is around Kempton, it could be too early to pigeon hole him but he’s got to go and prove it to me.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2355

Il be taking cyrname on but I wouldnt use the king George as proof he didn’t stay

He was beaten after a fence in that race, never travelled with his usual zest

Wasn’t even close to having recovered from the altior clash

Vinndication I like the look of but not commiting yet

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1273

Big fan of Sam Spinner, but 4/1 is short enough for a horse that hasn’t run for nearly a year and wasn’t the most natural over fences. That said he’s a classy animal and clearly likes it round here.

Aso ran a great race in this last year and I’m convinced he’ll stay. 16/1 is generous enough, but will need to have recovered from that last fence fall in the virtual National :whistle:

It could shape up to be a cracking renewal and I haven’t given up all hope on La Bague Au Roi just yet, either. Just hope plenty of them turn up.

Yogi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 37

Been waxing lyrical about AYE RIGHT on the Ladbroke Trophy thread, a tad disappointed as he looks like going for this.

Improving horse this but should not be really up to winning (looking for a good run though)

28/1 ew (I would only kick myself, and we’ve all been there)

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4718

Cyrname is vulnerable against others that may have targetted this. Aye Right is a decent performer, being trained by Harriet Graham goes under the radar, and merits an each-way bet.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

I can see Cyrname drifting out. Aye Right at a big price looks interesting.

Yogi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 37

I agree “robnorth” in regards to going under the radar because of the trainer…..went in my notebook last season, he is an up and coming young improver…..
    Good enough Sat???

Should be in top half of the field though

I’m on

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3415

Pros

Been properly targeted at this by the sounds of it

Stays (I’d rather back a G2 stayer than a G1 poss nonstayer)

Never been given a horribly hard race so physically and mentally unscarred by life hopefully, and on the upgrade

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17059

Some line up this.

At the current prices, Aye Right 28’s, and Mister Whitaker 20’s stand out.

I’m annoyed enough at not taking the 50’s for Aye Right, so better take the 28’s, just in case.

Aye Right 28’s

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

I think that there’s enough question marks over Cyrname here, and though he’s short enough himself, I’ll be with Vinndication

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

Definitly Red for me, I think that 11-1 is a really good price for him.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 73

The form of Keeper Hill’s seasonal debut last year has tempted me in for an each way bet at 28/1. He’s unpredictable and i’m not the biggest fan of Warren Greatrex either but if he brings his A game and avoids making mistakes, he could go well.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2355

At what price does cyrname become the bet?

I cant get a handle on this race at all personally

Both cyrname and vindication prefer going right handed

Ballyoptic has a penalty

Sam spinner isn’t the best jumper

Il be sitting this one out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.