The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Bumper

Home Forums Cheltenham 2022 Champion Bumper

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4406

Not like you to row in on a ‘talking horse’ FF91 after your comments about Jonbon before his debut. You must be Irish biased ;o) lol

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3492

You can tell the antepost markets are tight and quiet at the moment, when people are jumping on the back of a bumper horse mentioned at a dinner lol

“Worse 20/1 shots”…i guess the horse will likely win FTO given the first Quevega has and WPM ain’t bad at winning bumpers, but i’m not so convinced there are many worse 20/1 shots.

The Mediator, a horse i haven’t backed by the way, is 25/1 and has already proven he’s got a decent engine there.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4406

Hi Jack what did you think of Jonbon last week. Not top shabby i thought compared to I Am Maximus. :yes:

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3492

Yep Mike he wasn’t bad beating a horse that can’t jump a hurdle for his life.

Hyped yep? Were my points still right? I think so, one had better form in the book and as i said, Nicky Henderson says every horse is “beautiful”, hope you don’t back all the beauties….

He’s 7/2 for a Supreme Novices lol. Unless he comes over to Ireland and beats them all before the Festival, or for some reason Ireland can’t travel, or all get injured, he can’t be too much shorter than that on the day anyway.

Poor price but he does have some level of an engine at least.

You love the hype- fair enough, i prefer to go by what i see mainly rather than twitter posts etc.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4406

“hope you don’t back all the beauties”.

Nope.

“You love the hype- fair enough”.

Occasionally for juveniles because you never know, and when everyone does, the price collapses.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3492

We are on the wrong thread, but i think it’s honestly so bad that Jonbon is 7/2 and Kilcruit is 4/1 for this right now.

The bookies took a hammering last year and they’re certainly not giving much out this year. I agree to an extent about taking an early price the way they are overreacting with their drastic cuts, but there’s still plenty to come out and we are looking at 7/2 about a maiden hurdle winner with a big bro who was a star, and 4/1 for a horse that hasn’t jumped a hurdle and could arguably go for all 3 novice races.

I think i’ll be backing the novice hurdles much later this year than normal given a lot are in their boxes with the weather.

On the Facile Vega one, i remember a year or so ago Power Of Pause was in a video and he was cantering all over horses in work, and every latched on- he couldn’t win a bumper.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

I put up a talking horse in the OP and its now 4/1 fav

Maybe facile vega won’t be as good as American mike on debut but we will see.

We all know being a good workhorse and being good on the gallops are very different things, willie said so himself in the interview.

I dont bet big and most of my antepost betting is done with the free bets i farm each week so no harm no foul either way

Talking horses have had a habit of winning this race recently (ferny hollow, envoi, sir gerhard)

I could definitely find plenty of worse 20/1 shots if you wanted me too

Let’s not get this derailed by jonbon either

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3492

I put up a talking horse in the OP and its now 4/1 fav

That talking horse was earmarked for the race Gordie always sends his best horses to though, this is purely, name a horse to follow lark.

Either way, just pointing out how much “talk” i’ve seen over the last 48 hours or so over a horse due to being put up as one to follow basically at a fancy dinner.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5157

Airlie Beach’s “Accidental” son beat a grand total of 7 out of 43 opponents on his 3 completed starts, poor bugger. Granted he was by a non event of a colt and didn’t ever go off at a short price so mustn’t have shown much at home.

I can see Mike’s point about a price collapse if the Quevega son wins his first start- or even if the hype builds around him standing in his stable- then you could lay off for a profit I guess.

I don’t really do this because I’m just a pleb hearing things when everyone else does. An interviewer saying, “Willie, give us a dark horse to follow” on camera at a crowded dinner is a pointless question, because the moment he opens his mouth to answer he is shining a big old spotlight on the horse in question. Which is, therefore, no longer in the dark and will open a fair few points shorter than it would have, if the question had never been asked or answered in the first place.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

Hype justified with a nice easy win on debut

I’m in a nice position atm with American mike and facile vega

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2960

Nice from mercurey there but not for me at the prices for this, looks a big gangly type, mike/facile vega looked good on there recent runs, i really liked redemption day also, probably more than the other two, looks like they 3 may all meet next saturday, but FINALLY pink in the park looks set to reappear next sunday and ill add her in here @15s now, very difficult to be over confident on anything but the winner will come from the latter 4 above

I should add that theres a strong chance she wont come here, but it wont take much (mike beating the other two) for a change of heart

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4406

Facile Vega looks the winner of this to me. ;o)

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

Absolute airplane :good:

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3492

Wouldn’t be so quick to rule American Mike out. Kilcruit looked awesome last year and found SIR G a tough nut, for all he got a great ride.

Both look very good bumper horses.

Interesting how Patrick was quick to say Redemption Day is up there with Facile Vega after the race?

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

Yes American mike hasn’t been given the chance to do what facile vega did today due to the way he’s been campaigned

Certainly can’t be ruled out

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4406

The rest may as well not turn up ;o) lol

Father_Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 113

The Big Doyen didn’t turn up at all but that Facile Vega is a monster. 4/5 in the Cheltenham Bumper is either going to look mean or look wise…..

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.