The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Retirements

Home Forums Horse Racing Retirements

Viewing 17 posts - 630 through 646 (of 649 total)
  • Author
    vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

What a way to go out :good:

I keep hoping to hear or see Anibale fly name up soon , run weekend Punchestown but didn’t show any love for the game no more. he doesn’t owe anything and I feel he should be retired

VF x

Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1871

Stormy Ireland ran her last race today. Already covered by Blue Bresil. Wishing her all the best for her new career.

I have also been hoping to see Anibale Fly here since the Grand National. He did run at Punchestown in the 3.10 today. Started favourite but pulled up. Hasn’t been placed since May 2021, and that a poor 3rd. I think he has had enough.

Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1871

Dawson City retired after finishing 3rd in the race that claimed the life of his old adversary Captain Drake at Cheltenham on Friday (possibly a factor for connections). His lass posted a nice tribute:

Oh Dawson City, my old friend💜
    Happy Retirement to the most talented & kind horse I’ll ever have the pleasure of working with.
    This guy never knew when he was beat & would run through a brick wall for you.
    He retires safe, sound and happy. Thank you for everything Midnight.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

Cyrname has been retired not totally unexpected. Hope he enjoys second career elsewhere

VF x

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 790

Nice to see Dawson City enter a well-earned retirement. Royal Kahala has also been retired due to injury I see.

As for Cyrname, what a marvellous horse he was, especially at Ascot. His star has waned somewhat after the physical problems that blighted his later career, but he was a hugely exciting and talented performer at his peak. I am surprised his retirement has had so little fanfare.

Wishing all of the latest retirees long and happy retirements.

patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 772

I would agree Marlingford. Given that Cyrname was one of the most exciting prospects just a couple of years ago I thought more would have been made of his retirement. Maybe people thought he had finished already.

As for Dawson City, is there any class 3 “National” that he didn’t take part in? What a campaigner he has been. I think he’s covered more miles than my car?

A well deserved retirement to both.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

Potter’s Legend retired

VF x

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

Dream of dreams retired

VF x

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

Lola Showgirl to retire following success at weekend. She is in foal they where going to go to Royal Ascot with her but she been raised 19lb for the win. So she off to relax before becoming a mum

VF x

patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 772

Dell’arca has been retired by a David Pipe

Former winner of the Greatwood Hurdle, he seemed to have been around for ages.

Potters Corner would have been Christian Williams first top notch horse. Deserves a long retirement.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

Convertista and story Ireland retired

VF x

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 790

Lovely to see Dell’ Arca enter a thoroughly well-deserved retirement.

Patriot1, just to check, has Potters Corner been retired? I saw that Lucy Wadham’s Potters Legend has been retired as it was mentioned on Twitter, but have not seen anything re the Williams horse.

patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 772

Whoops, my mistake.

I misread Vikings post🤦🏻‍♂️

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 790

Thanks patriot1, wasn’t sure if I’d missed something 🙂

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

Potters corner being aimed at the becher Chase the coming season :good:

VF c

Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1871

Midnight Sapphire last ran in October 2020. A decent enough racehorse. 4 wins, £38,000 winnings. I doubt many of us remember her racing career but I was touched by this post from her breeder & now owner in an ex-racehorses’ page.

“My little star Midnight Sapphire. I bred this mare and watched her being born, opened up her sack as her mum Norton Sapphire was too tired. She spent the first few years with me and I did all her firsts and backed her. She ran under my father’s name as it was his dream to breed a good racehorse. Every year she has come back to me for her summer holidays and when she has needed me. I could have sold her as a brood mare many times over. NO I always promised my little princess she would come back home and she did. She lives with her mum, two full brothers and 4 other ex racehorses I have and she’s never going anywhere. I have shared some of my favourite photos for anyone who followed her. She’s enjoying her new career and hopefully I will be able to share some red rosettes with you in the future”.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1317

Aso now on the non racing agreements list happy retirement old boy :good:

VF x

Viewing 17 posts - 630 through 646 (of 649 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.