The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Retirements

Home Forums Horse Racing Retirements

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13815

Good to see the old boy go out in one piece Sprinter.

Smashing horse, and but for spineless stewards, would have been my 1000-1 winner of The Gold Cup………………but I haven’t given that a second thought since, and totally at ease with it lol :wacko:

KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

thats a sickner VTC!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13815

Oh it sure was Sprinter :cry:

I’ve told this story many times before, but in 2013, he didn’t get a Gold Cup entry, but I’d already had £29 on him at 1000’s, as I was convinced he was a Gold Cup horse (certainly in that weak era), and was sure they’d supplement him. They didn’t.

Cue the following year, and I added him to the market myself, but some other bugger snaffled the 1000’s, and only managed £1.70 on him at 1000’s, but yet again they didn’t enter him. Common sense kicked in this time though, and they did supplement him, and I was “quietly confident”.

I actually had £20 on Lord Windermere at 33’s as well, but obviously I wanted On His Own to get the race. The most galling thing about it is that in real time, as it happened, it was quite clear that LW stopped him, and I was convinced he’d be awarded the race. Then I started f4nnying about on The Exchanges with the stewards enquiry outcome, and my winning totals were going up and down like a yo-yo………..I was a gibbering mess by the end of it lol :wacko:

KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

Jeez. That’s a joke mate. Like you said if the stewards would have shown any balls!
    The win on LW must have softened the blow a bit but still that’s a nightmare you were robbed of that!

DiamondGeezer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 532

PP Gold Cup winner John’s Spirit retired today

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13815

Very good news DG :good:

Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1695

Triolo D’Alene suffered a pelvic injury today and is at the vets. They are hopeful of a full recovery but he won’t race again. Wishing him a quick recovery and a long and happy retirement

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

It would be awful if Triolo d’Alene didn’t pull through after what happened to his buddy, Simonsig; hoping for a long and happy retirement for him. Was surprised that he is aged 9;seems to have been around forever.

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2237

On his own retired. Picked up an injury.

Unlucky not to have won a gold cup

I thought he had a good profile for the GRAND NATIONAL but he fell three out of three. Luckily he survived those falls.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 12756

Feared the worst for Triolo on Saturday and hope all goes well for him so that he can have a long and happy retirement and be thoroughly spoilt by those that love him. Perhaps he might even let old Bobsworth into his life now and again to while away happy hours in the summer sun. :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

I think I’ll be retiring soon myself if my gee gees form goes on like this! ;-)

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2473

Sole Power now retired. With hindsight I think the 100/1 to win the Nunthorpe back in 2010 must be the most ridiculous odds ever :wacko:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 12756

Sole Power now retired. With hindsight I think the 100/1 to win the Nunthorpe back in 2010 must be the most ridiculous odds ever :wacko:

I’m going to miss old Sole Power battling it out in the Palace House Stakes with Kingsgate Native and the Kings Stand and Nunthorpe with Stepper Point, racing didn’t get any better than that.

Horse of a lifetime for the Power family, enjoy your retirement old soldier and thanks for all the great memories you have left us. :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13815

I don’t have nearly as much “favourites” on the flat, as I do over the jumps, and loved this horse as well Jac……..will miss willing him home, and miss having a few bob on him as well.

Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1695

Just seen that Dodging Bullets has been retired. I was hoping that would be the case after his poor run yesterday. Wishing him a long and happy one.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 528 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.