The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Retirements

Home Forums Horse Racing Retirements

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 1,108 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2779

Triolo D’Alene suffered a pelvic injury today and is at the vets. They are hopeful of a full recovery but he won’t race again. Wishing him a quick recovery and a long and happy retirement

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9152

It would be awful if Triolo d’Alene didn’t pull through after what happened to his buddy, Simonsig; hoping for a long and happy retirement for him. Was surprised that he is aged 9;seems to have been around forever.

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

On his own retired. Picked up an injury.

Unlucky not to have won a gold cup

I thought he had a good profile for the GRAND NATIONAL but he fell three out of three. Luckily he survived those falls.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

Feared the worst for Triolo on Saturday and hope all goes well for him so that he can have a long and happy retirement and be thoroughly spoilt by those that love him. Perhaps he might even let old Bobsworth into his life now and again to while away happy hours in the summer sun. :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I think I’ll be retiring soon myself if my gee gees form goes on like this! 😉

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2870

Sole Power now retired. With hindsight I think the 100/1 to win the Nunthorpe back in 2010 must be the most ridiculous odds ever :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

Sole Power now retired. With hindsight I think the 100/1 to win the Nunthorpe back in 2010 must be the most ridiculous odds ever :wacko:

I’m going to miss old Sole Power battling it out in the Palace House Stakes with Kingsgate Native and the Kings Stand and Nunthorpe with Stepper Point, racing didn’t get any better than that.

Horse of a lifetime for the Power family, enjoy your retirement old soldier and thanks for all the great memories you have left us. :rose:

• Total Posts 14921

I don’t have nearly as much “favourites” on the flat, as I do over the jumps, and loved this horse as well Jac……..will miss willing him home, and miss having a few bob on him as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2779

Just seen that Dodging Bullets has been retired. I was hoping that would be the case after his poor run yesterday. Wishing him a long and happy one.

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Good luck Dodging Bullets. He had a poor festival record so did really well to win the big one. A few bob of mine on him yesterday was obviously a burden too far

Participant
    • Total Posts 7293

The retirement of Knockara Beau was announced after he pulled up at Kelso today. Did his stable proud over the years and it is great to see him able to slip into a comfortable retirement.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

Happy retirement to both Knockara Beau and Dodging Bullets. :heart: :heart:
    Horses tell you in the only way they know how when they’ve had enough and it’s up to connections to recognise those signs and do the right thing.
    So pleased to see them both retired to go and enjoy their lives with those that love and care for them. :rose: Jac

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

How we all would have given anything to have seen Reve De Sivola’s name here. :heart: :heart:

I know everyone says Cue Card loves his racing and that all he wants to do is run and jump, but unless he’s Mr.Ed I can’t see how they really know and hope he’s the next retirement that we can celebrate on here..
    Jac :rose:

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1372

How we all would have given anything to have seen Reve De Sivola’s name here. :heart: :heart:

I know everyone says Cue Card loves his racing and that all he wants to do is run and jump, but unless he’s Mr.Ed I can’t see how they really know and hope he’s the next retirement that we can celebrate on here..
    Jac :rose:

Here here. Couldn’t agree more.

roosterbooster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 211

Cue Card won two grade 1 chases and was runner up in the King George this year out of 5 runs so far..A return a hell of a lot of 3 milers running would snap your hand of for/ Ok Coneygree injured, Ascot Chase a soft G1, and noting in King George outwith Thistlecrack, if we want to pick hles in the form

I think the Tizzards will give him another year, try and win the betfair, Ascot chase skip Cheltenham and win the Bowl at Aintree. He prefers soft ground nowadays as it just slows them up a bit

Horses love training, get look after like royalty, and they can get bored / depressed / stressed when retired, so it is always a tricky decision of when to retire these ones whom we have watched and loved for years.

Cue card is and has been since his romp in the Cheltenham bumper by far and away my favourite racehorse still plying his trade.. :yahoo:

I would be devastated to see anything happen to him untoward on the course, but I wouldn’t be calling out the pipe and slippers for him yet..

Lets see how he goes at Aintree, last years win was probably his best ever performance winning the Bowl, see if he can repeat

• Total Posts 14921

lol pilgarlic, I don’t think your cash would have made much of a difference, he just seemed a shadow of his former self this past year or so.

I always felt a bit bad for Dodge. He had a very similar profile to the previous Champion Chase winner, Sire De Grugy, and was every bit as good, but didn’t get anywhere near the same sort of hype (bar from TAPK lol) or credit afterwards.

Good to see him bow out in one piece though, and hope he has a long and happy retirement.

• Total Posts 14921

Update from the Pipe yard…..

Gevrey Chambertin
    Red Sherlock
    Shotavodka
    Soll

all retired.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 1,108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.