Australia and other strange places

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Australia and other strange places

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 322 total)
  • Author
    MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Can’t stop to chew the fat, too busy this morning….

OZZY’S BETS….

Race 1 Warwick… California August @ 2.80…. LOST…
    Race 4 Yarra… Mr Ballistic @ 2.20…. N/runner….
    Race 4 Strathalbyn… I Know Where Youliv @ 2.20…. LOST….
    Race 1 Bunbury… Brave Contender @ 2.70…. WON @ 2.70….

MrE

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4179

I have experienced a busy day too MrE and am back in the land of knives and needles :negative:

Nothing at all has jumped from the screen and keyboard for tomorrow in smokey Oz.

Billy's Outback Shack

DolusDolus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 281

Just a coincidence that there are 12 selections again for tomorrow.

Time    Track  Race     No.  Horse
    03:05	Yarr	3	 6    FLIRTING
    04:10	Mack	1	 2    DACXI KABOOM 
    04:40	Caul	1	 6    COMMANDO MISS 
    05:15	Caul	2	 2    SHUSH 
    05:35	Stra    5	 10   ELCANO 
    05:50	Caul	3	 1    AMATEURISH
    06:15	Warw	6	 9    PRIVATE THOUGHTS
    06:45	Stra	7	 1    NEVER SHORT
    07:30	Caul	6	 4    GRACEFUL STORM
    08:00	Caul	7	 7    SANSOM
    08:20	Bunb	5	 9    HIS 'N' HERS 
    09:00	Bunb	6	 5    GREAT HEIST

Two abandoned meetings and a non runner reduces my selections to 5, and again a small loss -1.29

Time    Track   Race    No.  Horse              BSP     Result
    04:10	Mack	1	2    DACXI KABOOM 	1.90	WON
    05:35	Stra	5	10   ELCANO 	        5.60	
    06:15	Warw	6	9    PRIVATE THOUGHTS	3.45	
    06:45	Stra	7	1    NEVER SHORT	9.00	
    09:00	Bunb	6	5    GREAT HEIST	1.94	WON
    billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4179

I am all of a rush today but have 3 AW domestic selections: –

Wolverhampton
    2.30 REASONED @ 11/4
    3.00 BILLYOAKES @ 2/1
    Southwell
    7.20 PRICESS HARLEY @ 15/8

I will put up the Australian (if any) selections later.

Dolus landed 25% SR and can I am sure have more to look forward too.

MrE As you already know I thought L’AMOUR MILADE was a system pick, winning at 4.2. Did you miss out?

Billy's Outback Shack

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Billy, you lovely little koala…. L’Amour Milade…. who??… what??…. where??…. not on my radar mate…. I was as busy as hell yesterday and just picked the ones that my daughter sent me, she must have missed one…. can’t be helped, not gonna spend all day sat sitting here checking everything out, I have things that have to be done and it must be excluded from the list. As Nathan keeps saying… “sorry, it slipped out”….

Up to Day 7 we were showing a profit of 8pts, but after a painful week, we have dropped to + 2.5pts…. apologies for that, I’ll write 100 times, “I must do better”….
    :yes: :yes:

MrE

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4179

These things happen MrE and there are far worse happening, so not to worry. I am not sure what is worse, missing it or taking a short price about a drifter without the benefit of BOG!

My two of Australian treats for Thursday are: –

BF -3.2

HELSUN – Race 2 Doomben @ 2/1

STEVIE’S WONDER R4 Geraldton @ 21/20 . . . . . WON

CF – 1.15pts

Billy's Outback Shack

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Afternoon ‘roo….. checked with my daughter, yes she had L’Amour Milade but forgot to email me, I asked her how she could forget her old dad and she said that she was suffering a bit of “Nathan Disease”, known in the medical establishment as Brain Fade.

OZZY’S BETS….

Race 1 Geraldton… Our Mate Boots @ 2.20…. LOST…
    Race 2 Geraldton… Staaden @ 2.35…. WON @ 2.35….
    Race 1 Packenham… Pershing @ 2.00…. WON @ 2.00…
    Race 6 Geraldton… Royal Statue @ 3.30…. LOST…
    Race 6 Packenham… Frondeur @ 2.70…. WON @ 2.70….

Still in the process of sharpening these up a bit, but it’s coming along nicely (I think), I need to get January out of the way to have a complete 4 month history, but it’s looking quite good considering that the Aussie racing and class distinctions are totally different from ours, it takes awhile to wrap your head around it all.
    :wacko: :wacko:

MrE

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4179

The type of folk we are here should be classified as serious and careful punters, ones who take betting to a higher level than the casual and perhaps more social types who frequent betting shops on a regular basis.

Then comes along a horse with a name like OUR MATE BOOTS, only punters of the pin stickers variety would ever be influenced to risk a pound or two on a horse because they like the name.

Cum’on, OUR MATE BOOTS is so fair dinkum aussie I cannot help but risk an extra billion pound because I love the name.

Bootsie could only finish 3rd but the pin-sticker within me will wait for another day

:good: :wacko: ;-)

Billy's Outback Shack

DolusDolus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 281

I had never bet on an Australian horse race until the beginning of last week, but did wonder why there were so many meetings on some days, so was amazed to find that – There are over 360 registered racecourses in Australia where Thoroughbred racing takes place

Bumper crop of selections for tomorrow.

16/01/20
     Time   Track   Race    No.  Horse
    01:52	NewP	4	5    ENRICHMENT 
    03:00	Gosf	2	4    JUDICATOR
    03:04	NewP	6	6    CATE BLANCO
    03:25	Peno	3	7    COOL DESERT 
    03:53	Doom	1	5    THREEPOINT MISSILE
    04:00	Peno	4	5    REDEEKA 
    04:35	Peno	5	8    BIG CALL
    05:20	Gosf	6	10   DIVINE APPROACH
    05:30	Arar	7	6    SKILLED ARTIST
    05:38	Doom	4	9    MUSICAL GENIUS
    05:55	Gosf	7	6    PHOEBE'S LASS
    06:13	Doom	5	4    SEAT OF POWER
    06:35	Gera	2	5    STAADEN
    07:00	Pake	1	5    PERSHING
    08:30	Pake	4	12   NONCONFORMIST
    09:15	Gera	7	1    GESSATO

With no meetings abandoned or any non runners a full house of bets and a heady 0.57 points profit. :scratch:

Time    Track   Race    No.     Horse
    01:52	NewP	4	5       ENRICHMENT 	        2.17	
    03:00	Gosf	2	4       JUDICATOR	        3.95	
    03:04	NewP	6	6	CATE BLANCO	        4.60	WON
    03:25	Peno	3	7	COOL DESERT 	        5.52	
    03:53	Doom	1	5	THREEPOINT MISSILE	3.40	
    04:00	Peno	4	5	REDEEKA 	        7.88	
    04:35	Peno	5	8	BIG CALL	        3.80	
    05:20	Gosf	6	10	DIVINE APPROACH	        2.76	
    05:30	Arar	7	6	SKILLED ARTIST	        2.10	
    05:38	Doom	4	9	MUSICAL GENIUS	        2.42	WON
    05:55	Gosf	7	6	PHOEBE'S LASS	        7.13	
    06:13	Doom	5	4	SEAT OF POWER	        1.68	
    06:35	Gera	2	5	STAADEN	                2.81	WON
    07:00	Pake	1	5	PERSHING	        1.96	WON
    08:30	Pake	4	12	NONCONFORMIST	        2.12	WON
    09:15	Gera	7	1	GESSATO	                3.43	WON
    billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4179

Dolus has provided a very interesting statistic and I did read somewhere they are second only to the USA either for the number of venues are the number of thoroughbred horses owned.

Maybe like USA the horse has a place in there history on which it was depended for a lively hood.

Billy's Outback Shack

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21267

Yes, 100% correct MrE regard the brain fade. I’m only a young nipper too.
    Won’t be much left if any by the time I’m Billion’s age… :-(
    At least my boomerang is humongous, I’ll settle for that.. :rose:

Member since March 2008
    MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Nathan young fella, you just take care getting Matron to rub the wrinkles out, she tends to do it too fast and that leads to other problems….

Dolus….. didn’t realise that this was your first stab at the Upside Down stuff, it’s totally different from ours… well, I tell a lie, it’s not TOTALLY different, their horses do have four legs (although it might seem not, looking at my last weeks results)…. The Classes are different and they use Bench Marks as against OR… and that’s just for starters… :yes: once you get your head around it all, it begins to make sense…..
    Good luck with it Dolus….

MrE

DolusDolus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 281

MrE
    Back in the distant past at the beginning of this century when horse racing forums were more abundant and dare I say more interesting I belonged to ‘Propun’ an Australian forum The Propun forum was a bit strange because they were always running scared of copyright issues and no one was allowed to mention a product by name, post any pictures or links, so with all the discussions about the new kid on the block ‘Neurals’, there was no way of knowing where I could find these magic numbers or even if they were free or not. I figured they were only for Aussie racing anyway.

A few years ago I rediscovered ‘Neurals’ in a thread on the UK Betting Forum and found they are available on the rather excellent Racingandsports website. I say excellent as there is a wealth of info and they cover horse racing on a world wide basis with equal importance, (The Americas noticeable by there absence), so if you find an angle using this site it can be applied equally to any race anywhere in the world they feature that day. I pursued the Neurals for quite a bit on UK daytime racing but could never really get them to work.

On New Years day I started testing an angle using Racingandsports worksheets, on UK, Irish, French & South African racing and got off to a flying start which then started to go downhill so beginning of last week decided to throw in the Aussie racing and the angle seemed to work better than any of the other countries so I lost my cherry and was no longer an Australian horse racing virgin. :yahoo:

billion
    The United States is home to the highest concentration of horse racing tracks in the entire world. Hosting both thoroughbred and harness races, there are over 75 different tracks located throughout the continental U.S. and its territories.
    (I am a bit bemused by the highest concentration. The UK has 60 racecourses and we could drop the UK into the USA, peel the label off and never find it again.

France has more racecourses than you might think.
    France counts 250 racecourses in total but only 68 offer national fixtures. Some racecourses can offer both galop and trotting fixtures.

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Dolus….. nice post, both Billy and myself use R&S for our Aussie stuff and for a year or so I have taken a great interest in Neurals, but, like yourself, they didn’t work for me when used on their own. So I started to “Mix and Match” with other ratings with the hope of finding that little nugget of gold…. couldn’t find it, although I did have some success for awhile, so I dropped the Neurals in favour of other approaches….
    :mail: :mail: :mail:

MrE

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

OZZY’s BETS….

Race 4 Cranbourne…. Dargo @ 2.20…. N/runner….

MrE

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 322 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.