The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Australia and other strange places

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Australia and other strange places

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 577 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21533

2/7 looks a bargain Bill
    1/8 now…. :wacko:

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21533

1/12

had a £1 on win by 4 lengths 5/4

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21533

Cheers Bill
    me double still on :good:

Member since March 2008
    billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

1/12 – flipping heck, who would believe that?

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

The magic dust may well be on ration tomorrow – Wednesday – there are two selections on the AW but I will not be Filling My Boots, more like halving my normal stake.

LORD of the LODGE – 3.40 Newcastle @ 5/6 . . . . . WON

HOME BEFORE DUSK – 8.00 Kempton @ 2/1 . . . . . .. WON

If the early market is an indicator then LORD of the Lodge should be the one to follow.

Billy's Outback Shack

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Good evening Snowdrop, I have to say that your doing exceedingly well, just like one of Mr Kiplings Almond Slices…. your all licky and covered in marzipan…. another slightly loopy Battenburg.
    You are really warming up to this tipping lark…. well done mate… hoping to rejoin the party shortly….
    :mail: :mail: :unsure:

MrE

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

Kind words MrE.

I am surprised as to just how well the experiment with the domestic AW is going which after all was intended as a warm up for the oncoming summer turf, whereas my Australian affair is rather grinding along. This also being a first year experimental with these numbers could be indicating a decline into their autumn season which via my earlier experiences proved difficult.

It’s all a learning curve.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

Friday in Australia: –

Canterbury – R2 ASTRALIS @ 19/10 . . . . . . . . . .2nd

Canberra – R7 SAUSEDGE @ 13/5 . . . . . . . . . . . . 2nd

Sunshine Coast – R3 PLAYTHEFIELD @ SP . . . . . . . . 2nd

I read last night a small phrase which made a huge amount of sense to myself when finessing my selections, “NOTHING IS EVER PERFECT”.

I always want every box ticked! Nothing is ever perfect but PLAYTHEFIELD ticks almost every box and I now realise sometimes there is a leap of faith which has to be taken and so I have filled my boots.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

I am not sure about this selection but as the man said “Nothing is ever perfect”. AW NH Bumper!!!!

Under different circumstances I really would be filling my boots with this one, all the boxes are ticked, the ducks are in a row but . . . . .

SNOOKERED – Newcastle 1.00 @ 5/4 . . . . . . . .WON

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

Snowdrops, daffodils and tulips all in bloom at the same time is odd but so is the weather but it is an indication of Spring not being too far away.

Quite the reverse at the other side of the world because their summer will start to slip away and give way to Autumn. MrE identified a falling off regarding his strike rate whilst my own results have been hard work and maybe it could be something to do with the time of year etc.

I have not given up on Australia quite just yet and will continue to record my results for future patterns on which to reflect next year but it has given me the opportunity to experiment with a reconfiguration of the tools we have been using just to see if there is any mileage in a change.

I am not a Saturday horse racing lover and the change was easy enough to select one from the bunch and just hope I don’t get another 2nd.

NIGHT WITCHES – Race 6, Newcastle @ 5/2 (boosted via Unibet). . . . . . . WON

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

Saturday – All Weather selections.

It is easy to chuck out expressions such as Fill Your Boots or Like ducks lined up in a row etc.
    Not once but twice.

First I have to pick out: –

STORMY MOUNTAIN – 6.00 Chelmsford @ 8/11, Godolphin/Appleby/Spencer. . . . . . . . WON
    and then the second pick but only just is: –
    BOMBSHELL – 2.40 Lingfield @ 0.72/1 (Boosted by Wm. Hill) a J.P O’Brien raider plus Ben Curtis. Non Runner

Short prices I do agree but NH&I are cutting interest rates and Premium Bond prizes but expect these two to do better than money in the bank.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

NIGHT WITCHES starts the new Australian experiment very well indeed but as with all things new they have to be learned as they progress and for Sunday there are 4 selections which are hard to split and finding a stand out is far from easy, perhaps they will all win – I wish!

FAIRY ME HOME – R5, Sunshine Coast @ 23/20 . . . . . . . . WON
    FIFTYONESTATES – R3, Ballarat @ 11/5 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .WON
    CONQUERED ZONE – R5, Pinjarra @ 17/10. . . . . . . . . . . . WON
    DEROCHE – R7, Launceston @ SP . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .WON

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

Get your hands down the back of the sofa, empty the piggy bank, just like the boy scouts, be prepared ‘cos I think we just might have a red hot one for Sunday at Wolverhampton where it will be another funny meeting of NH flat races on the all weather surface.

I was doubtful the other day when SNOOKERED delivered the goods and now I am thinking “Is this another one?”.

I will update as soon as I can.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4343

Here it is and Bet365 are out of line at 9/4 with the other early prices of only 5/4.

IRISH ROE – Wolverhampton 3.30 . . Great prices are worth nothing if they don’t win :negative:

Billy's Outback Shack

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Good evening Big Chief Shitting Bull….. I have to say that all is well in my wigwam after the good spell that your having and that my wampum is full to overflowing and I really don’t know what I’m smoking in this pipe of peace that I retrieved from the white face with long hair….. I think he said his name was Kit Carson….
    So I must pay credit where credit is due and I think that I might owe you a few beaver pelts and some of that firewater…. mmmm…. I have this strange feeling that I might have been indulging in my own firewater, either that or this strange smelling tobacco is going to my head, I can’t stop giggling and I just have this urging for munchies…..
    :mail: :mail: :scratch: :scratch:

MrE

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 577 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.