Albert Bartlett hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Albert Bartlett hurdle 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5675

This race been a lottery in the past with big price winners but for me horse to beat will be

BLOW BY BLOW 16/1

Out of all the novices that left Mullins yard i feel this one is the best and going to Gordon Elliott no bad thing.He beat Death Duty while that horse is highly regarded i think he do it again.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16545

Definitely not a race for me Ante-Post Darren, the Novice Hurdles seldom are, but Blow By Blow looks very good indeed, and though I’m sure Giggs will have plenty more about to appear, who could come into contention for this, I do like Death Duty as well.

I really like Battleford for The Neptune, but reading the stable tour of Mullins on ATR, he spoke of him possibly as a stayer………..not that I’d take everything in that particular stable tour as gospel lol, and WPM has a poor record in this anyway. If Battleford did head here, I wouldn’t desert him, but this race will be strictly day of the race for me.

Good luck with Blow By Blow

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

nice easy intro from death duty the other day. blew some cobwebs away. but watching BLOW BY BLOW last season the further they went the better he got. so that will do for me

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1145

The word on the street is that Samcro is the second coming and will walk this. The 4yo son of Germany won a Monksgrange point when under the tutelage of Colin Bowe; such was his reputation that he started at 2-5 that day. Gordon Elliott trained the runner-up, Elegant Escape, and the pair pulled twenty lengths clear of their rivals (in heavy ground, admittedly), so the fact that the Gold Cup-winning trainer subsequently purchased the winner on behalf of Gigginstown for £335,000 speaks volumes.

Samcro obviously stays well and is in excellent hands. The only concern is that his point was run in bottomless conditions and he’ll have to show his aptitude on a better racing surface but his reputation is very lofty indeed.

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1145

Elegant Escape just edges a Nicholls hotpot on his début for Colin Tizzard, franking the Samcro form.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2661

I’m hoping Blow By Blow is a Neptune horse. A front runner with that much natural speed…i honestly think the AB would be a mistake.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

The word on the street is that Samcro is the second coming and will walk this. The 4yo son of Germany won a Monksgrange point when under the tutelage of Colin Bowe; such was his reputation that he started at 2-5 that day. Gordon Elliott trained the runner-up, Elegant Escape, and the pair pulled twenty lengths clear of their rivals (in heavy ground, admittedly), so the fact that the Gold Cup-winning trainer subsequently purchased the winner on behalf of Gigginstown for £335,000 speaks volumes.

Samcro obviously stays well and is in excellent hands. The only concern is that his point was run in bottomless conditions and he’ll have to show his aptitude on a better racing surface but his reputation is very lofty indeed.

Can you really say he obviously stays well from one point run? In that run the second was able to close him down. There are some stayers in the pedigree (but also Sound Man) and with Germany no obvious stamina influence I would remain open minded as regards his best trip. I wouldn’t be surprised if he spends the season racing over trips short of three miles. Anyone who thinks he will walk an Albert Bartlett is in cuckoo land.

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1145

Anyone who thinks he will walk an Albert Bartlett is in cuckoo land.

The people to whom I’ve spoken, two of whom follow the Irish PTP scene closely, are very high on this horse. He apparently would’ve dotted up at Monksgrange but for a slow jump at the last, which cost him all momentum and allowed Elegant Escape to almost get upsides. However, Samcro was pulling away under mere hands and heels nudging close home and those who saw the race have little doubt that he’ll get the trip.

As I said, it speaks volumes that Gordon Elliott splashed out for the winner when he trained the runner-up that day.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

Samcro was about four lengths clear and was closed down to about a length. It was a relatively short run in and it would be stretching the imagination to suggest he suddenly found a different gear once he got going again.

If Samcro really is that special it seems a little surprising that Elegant Escape was allowed to drift out to 10/1 in what was probably a pretty ordinary novice hurdle?

Obviously, it is guesswork at this stage but if I thought Samcro was a Grade 1 horse I would sooner punt him for a Neptune than an Albert Bartlett.

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

wp mullins and g elliot seem to have this wrapped up. i see betting from 14/1 to 25/1 there are 14 horses mainly between those 2 trainers. a joke really.
    i see there is another horse from mullins that nobody seems to know alot about. ex french had 1 race and won over 1 mile 6 fur. he called TOMI ROLI he only 25/1 and not seen a hurdle. also not run since august 2015. so another unknown quantity.
    also i would be interested in MOON RACER for this. as dont think 2 mile supreme would suit.with some bookies as low as 14/1 for this so he might skip the supreme for this

Ben_BernankeBen_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

Imagine how easy it is for the people in the Mullins yard to make money on horses this time of year, just back all the good’ns ante post and wait til march. Also they must make a killing laying the likes of Apples Jade/Faugheen when they know they’re not fit.

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

tottaly agree ben must be a licence to print money with all that info

Ben_BernankeBen_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

We gotta infiltrate one of these yards, maybe just stick a bunch of microphones around the place to pick up any conversations going on.

My favourite is when A O’Brien puts 2 in a race, one’s the odds on favourite with proven form and the other is a 6/1 shot who’s a bit of an unknown. Before the off the odds on shot is now 2/1 and the original 6/1 shot is not 2/1 joint fav. Happens almost every week in Ireland, comically obvious!!

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3340

Had a bit on Samcro @ 25’s on the exchanges for this. Did not see much of the race just now, but one minute he was with the leaders and a minute leader he was coming home alone.

Really bag fog there tonight.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 446

He’s a good horse. He won’t have much of it this year, maybe another bumper. Should be some horse down the road,” G Elliott – Samcro.

Havent got the quote.
    But earlier in the day on atr he was asked about today’s runners and he said something along the lines of samcro was one for a couple of years down the line. The above is what he said after the race.

Could be one for a punchestown bumper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.