The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Albert Bartlett hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2017 Albert Bartlett hurdle 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3660

He’s a good horse. He won’t have much of it this year, maybe another bumper. Should be some horse down the road,” G Elliott – Samcro.

Havent got the quote.
    But earlier in the day on atr he was asked about today’s runners and he said something along the lines of samcro was one for a couple of years down the line. The above is what he said after the race.

Could be one for a punchestown bumper.

Thanks for that Rocky. Good job it was only a little bit. :good:

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

I REALLY LIKED THE PERFORMANCE OF MONALEE LAST WEEK. AND WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A LITTLE 25/1 BUT ONLY PUT IN BETTING BY 5 BOOKIES. HAD A LOOK AND CANT FIND HIM ENTERED ANYWHERE ELSE AT CHELTENHAM. SO A BIT WORRIED HE NOT GOING TO CHELTENHAM AT ALL

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

I REALLY LIKED THE PERFORMANCE OF MONALEE LAST WEEK. AND WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A LITTLE 25/1 BUT ONLY PUT IN BETTING BY 5 BOOKIES. HAD A LOOK AND CANT FIND HIM ENTERED ANYWHERE ELSE AT CHELTENHAM. SO A BIT WORRIED HE NOT GOING TO CHELTENHAM AT ALL

Visibility not great but it was a promising start. I wouldn’t be too concerned that not all bookmakers have priced him up as they are often much less clued up than punters and often require a nudge or two. At this stage the Albert Bartlett would look the most likely Cheltenham target.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 446

Will be a long time yet before entries come out for the novice races at the festival assuming that’s what you mean.

He only ran on the 20th November. And if you fancy him for the bartlett you might find hes a nice price beforehand coming up against something like death duty or bacardys over the Christmas period.

Or if you want to back him now for the bartlett you could request him to be added to the exchange market as I would assume you may get a good bit bigger price than the 25s available through the books.

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

THANKS ROCKY. ONLY ONE PROBLEM IVE GOT WITH THAT. I HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE HOW TO USE THE EXCHANGES. I SEE ALL THE TIME THE EXCHANGES ARE IN A DIFF WORLD NORMALLY TO SP

I SEE IT A LOT ON THE DOGS AS IM A BIG DOG FAN AND HAVE SEVERAL GREYHOUNDS. BUT LIKE I SAID NOT A CLUE. I SUPPOSE I SHOULD HAVE A BLOODY GOOD READ ON HOW TO USE IT M8 LOL

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 446

Haha fair enough mate I deffinately would have a try as there can be a wide margin between the odds. Especially if it’s a horse from a less fancied yard.

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

I WILL FIND A HELP CENTRE FOR IDIOTS ON HOW TO USE THE EXCHANGES LOL

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

I think the Peregrine Run-Wholestone-West Approach form is very good, and will feature heavily in the finish of the Albert Bartlett.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2710

I WILL FIND A HELP CENTRE FOR IDIOTS ON HOW TO USE THE EXCHANGES LOL

And maybe the Caps Lock button ?

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2710

The Bristol Novices Hurdle is one of the two top hurdle trials in England for the big three novice hurdles at the Festival, so i’m a little surprised to see Wholestone still available at 18-1. Shorter in the market are horses yet to run beyond 2 miles under rules and one in Samcro who won’t be seen over obstacles until next season.

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5769

I thought West Approach got the finest of rides and was travelling best of all when blundering (and I backed Wholestone).

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

The Ante-Post KingThe Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8712

I thought West Approach got the finest of rides and was travelling best of all when blundering (and I backed Wholestone).

Doesn’t West Approach look like his half brother Joe,he looks a Chaser in the making too.He was absolutely tanking along before that mighty blunder,I was suprised Aiden kept him at it afterwards though as the horse could easily have injured himself.

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5769

Very like him, Gord. Won’t be as good but could win something decent

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2710

West Approach has arrived at that part of the course travelling well on a few occasions and failed to make it up the hill with any real zest on five previous visits. Now we can make that six.

Talking of jockeys riding their horses vigorously after obstacle busting mistakes – i wonder if Ruby ever regrets riding Kauto Star like he did at Exeter, similarly Killultagh Vic back in January at Leopardstown.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17601

After another impressive display today, and again way overpriced, I’m increasingly optimistic that we could see the Jonjo trained Doesyourdogbite in this. He’s not the most obvious I suppose, he’s certainly not quoted by any firms, but there’s just a lot to like about him, and I’ll watch future entries closely.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.