Albert Bartlett hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Albert Bartlett hurdle 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3222

Had a decent go at Doesyourdogbite today VTC and he went some crazy prices in running 60’s + :wacko:

Still got a bit up his sleeve and Cheltenham must be on the radar :good:

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16089

Yeah Botchy, was on him myself, and couldn’t believe the price, was very happy with him :good:

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 645

Slaney Hurdle in Naas on Sunday. Prices opened with Death Duty 4/9 Favourite. Turcagua was 3/1. Augusta Kate was 8/1 so I jumped on that e/w. Today Augusta Kate is 10/3 and Turcagua is 10/1. We know from previous form that Death Duty should be too good for Turacgua but it will be interesting to see what Augusta Kate can do. If she can win this you’d expect her to be favourite for the Albert Bartlett

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

I’ve backed West Approach at 25s each way but jay-sus Death Duty was impressive. Was happy to take the 5/2 straight after the race. Nothing beats this lad.

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

IMO you’re all mad, taking 5/2 about a novice hurdler who might not enjoy Cheltenham or the spring ground (or even make it there!), and we simply have no idea how good the British hurdlers are yet. Better 5/2 shots every day of the week IMO.

Fwiw I think Wholestone is an unbelievable EW price. 4/1 for a place…should be 4/1 to win.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3222

IMO you’re all mad, taking 5/2 about a novice hurdler who might not enjoy Cheltenham or the spring ground (or even make it there!), and we simply have no idea how good the British hurdlers are yet. Better 5/2 shots every day of the week IMO.

Your right in a way, i just laid off some of my Death Duty at 5/2 so i’m up on the race whatever.
    I must say DD sets the standard because because he will / could improve for the step up in trip. Todays race was at a crawl early on but he jumped great, i can just see him tanking along with 3 to go at Cheltenham looking around for dangers. Then 5/2 will look great :yes:

steeplechasingsteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5736

Willoughby Court improving at a rate of knots and should jump better on better ground. He’ll hopefully go here.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Looked a bit of a beast, didn’t he

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

Willoughby Court improving at a rate of knots and should jump better on better ground. He’ll hopefully go here.

Why is he going to jump better on better ground? The only time he has raced on good ground he was hammered by Get On The Yager. I wouldn’t be confident he would even turn up if it was good ground on the Friday.

I backed both Willoughby Court and Gayebury today but on good ground I suspect both would have played second fiddle to the Irish horse.

steeplechasingsteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5736

Why is he going to jump better on better ground? The only time he has raced on good ground he was hammered by Get On The Yager.

Racing on it and jumping off it two different things. Any horse would jump with more confidence with a firmer footing. Whether it’s enough to make such a big horse slick enough is another matter.

He’s come on quite a bit since that defeat, don’t you think? Otherwise, it was a pretty risky, yard-driven plunge from 8s to 11/4.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

He’s come on quite a bit since that defeat, don’t you think? Otherwise, it was a pretty risky, yard-driven plunge from 8s to 11/4.

Yes, he has improved but I think the plunge was all about the conditions and the prospect of getting a relatively easy lead. Irish horse was a big doubt on the ground and I thought the ground allied to plenty of racing could do for Geordie Des Champs. Gayebury was the other one who was likely to handle conditions.

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Pauling stated afterwards he was fine to keep him over today’s trip for the time being..

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

BATTLEFORD declared in a 2m 7f novice event at Thurles on 19th Jan. This could point to him going the AB and INVITATION ONLY going Neptune. Just a thought

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2629

Why is he going to jump better on better ground? The only time he has raced on good ground he was hammered by Get On The Yager.

Racing on it and jumping off it two different things. Any horse would jump with more confidence with a firmer footing. Whether it’s enough to make such a big horse slick enough is another matter.

Some horses jump better when it’s soft.

Weird thing to say for someone so experienced in the game, Joe.

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 792

Battleford 33’s
    Tiger Roll 30’s
    Fagen 27’s

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.